Draft Day is setting up to be a circus at pick 10

Kingofholland

Reaction score
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.

Should be very interesting, trading down with all there is a possibility too. Maybe we don't like Surtain as much there and feel we can get one of the three corners 5 or 6 picks down while getting another 3rd. I do think 4 or 5 Qbs will be picked before us along with Sewell, Chase, and potentially Smith. Should put us in great position at one of the best defensive players. We're probably in that spot where offensive talent could still be marginally better than defensive but probably only by a couple picks which shouldn't be a bid deal.

Still really like the Surtain pick if he's there. Good pedigree and likely a player you can plug in for 7+ years and get very good results. If him and Parsons are off the board there I would prefer to trade down. Do not want oline in round 1.

rambo2

Reaction score
the boo birds will come out if we draft Barmore at 10. Could happen. I personally love him..maybe not at 10, but he still would impact the team day 1.
That isn't happening.

rambo2

Reaction score
@Redball Express I expect most of the suspense of the draft to be gone by pick #8.
The first 7 picks will be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and Fields/Lance.
After that, not so interesting in my opinion.
There might be some teams trading into the top 7 picks but the players chosen will be the same.
Waddle, Slater, and Surtain.

plasticman

Reaction score
That #10 overall pick will become more valuable leading up to the draft and will become golden as the draft proceeds with the first 9 picks. At least one blue chip player will fall to that pick.

the Cowboys could do the smart thing and begin a chain reactions that enhances the value of their draft picks for years to come. The Patriots used this method for many years.

Trade down and insist that the package include a #1 pick for 2022. Continue each draft to trade down one of the 1st round picks for a package that includes a #1 for the following draft.

One of the benefits is a better opportunity to resign players after their first contract because they won't be former high 1st round picks. Another benefit is that you will be able to spread the talent around because you have many additional 2nd and 3rd round picks instead of a 1st.

KB1122

Reaction score
The important thing is that we need to not draft a quarterback while we're in the top 10, so that in the next few years we'll need to have an even worse losing season or mortgage the draft in trades. Or just choose another 4th rounder and hope.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Until we get it done on the field, all the talking head chatter means nothing. We are what we are until proven otherwise.
***Sometimes,like when I' m really hammered,,,, ya know yer user handle comes across back to me as "hits he's kids" and well? I think that's an inherent sterling quality of mental discipline ,,,and meritorious discernment I've got going on up in the ol' wheelhouse to knoe that's not some subconsciously implanted triggering mechanism, being thinly veiled in it's efforts of making folks wanna' go out & hit yer kids,,just saying o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What must I do to prepare for this Draftageddon?
Will the Forum be offering a counselling service?
* I've been thinking about doing that correspondence course Thru that DeVrie Cyber college for that dual purpose degree of : Crisis Management Agitator / early 17th century french tapestry repairman,,, hopefully that will be of some comfort to you, in just knowing that I've undertook the mere thought of pursuing such nonmonumental life's endeavors such as these,,,er,,, in yer' hour of need*o_O

:star::thumbup::star:

Flamma

Reaction score
My guess is Davante Smith and Waddle are going to the Giants and Eagles.

I can see one of them, not both. But I guess anything is possible. If 5 QBs are picked, that leaves Sewel, Pitts, Chase, Waddle, and Smith. Four of them will be gone unless a team picks out of the top 10.

This is all coming down to who is picked from 4-7. Either way it looks like Dallas is getting the 5th non quarterback available unless both Denver and Atlanta don't go QB. Then it would be the 6th. Unless someone slips, like Sewel, then I'd expect the Eagles to trade up to #8 or #9 to get him.

My guess is the offensive players available at 10 is OL Slater and WR Waddle. Dallas should get the pick of the litter on defense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.
FO will surprise everyone by grabbing OT Rashawn Slator OR moving up for Pitts, that monster Gator TE, then pick defencive in rounds 2,3,4,5.

Londonboy

Reaction score
* I've been thinking about doing that correspondence course Thru that DeVrie Cyber college for that dual purpose degree of : Crisis Management Agitator / early 17th century french tapestry repairman,,, hopefully that will be of some comfort to you, in just knowing that I've undertook the mere thought of pursuing such nonmonumental life's endeavors such as these,,,er,,, in yer' hour of need*o_O

:star::thumbup::star:
You're a lighthouse Sir, beaming the light of hope on the rocky shores of despair:bow:

blueblood70

Reaction score
i want action like the movie Draft day just when the pitch forks and torches came out Costner got it done..!! Will Jerry we need some action make it happen!!