Draft Day is setting up to be a circus at pick 10

Motorola

Reaction score
5 QBs in the top 10 will and should be the topic of discussion on Draft day. As a Cowboys fan I know there will be a little drama in the air about JJ doing something crazy with the pick but honestly SJ is making those decisions now which is why the draft is kinda boring these days.

Admittedly, if Pitts does start to fall like CeeDee did the chatter across the internets will be deafening with the Cowboys needing defense and the 2nd rated player still on the board. With that said Pitts will not fall to us; not with Megatron type traits as a TE.
The suspense begins at pick 3 - which QB will the 49ers select? Viewed an almost equal number of mocks pencil in Fields or Jones (saw one with Lance). Next - do the Falcons choose Pitts, Sewell, or trade out? (They are not picking a QB). Then - which teams from 5 - 9 pick a WR or QB. Yes, the spotlight will be on the Cowboys when their turn comes around....but what the Broncos do with the 9th pick will set it up. Does Denver choose the remaining top-5 rated QB left, Parsons, or Surtain?

Sandyf

Reaction score
I believe the craziness starts at 2 as although everyone and I mean everyone believes the Jets are going Wilson but it is the Jets. Just what if the Jets shock everyone and take Sewell? Just think of the craziness after that!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.
I’m looking for a B+ draft.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Slater anytime. Let the backs run every game. Moore will never call those plays. He's a QB.with All World receivers
If we draft Pitts..it will be 300 yrds per game I. The air.
We had 400 yard passing games without him so yes. But I like Dink and dunk methodical that’s how we win .that’s what you got away from

Turk

Reaction score
We had 400 yard passing games without him so yes. But I like Dink and dunk methodical that’s how we win .that’s what you got away from
Even in todays NFL the more passes you throw past 35 the more likely you are to lose. Right NOW we have one of the best receiving cores in the NFL
IF we complete 70% of those 35 we get 25 passes completed. that is (16 games) 400 completed passes. Now show me where another top WR is going to get his touches?
So are we going to throw more and win less?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Even in todays NFL the more passes you throw past 35 the more likely you are to lose. Right NOW we have one of the best receiving cores in the NFL
IF we complete 70% of those 35 we get 25 passes completed. that is (16 games) 400 completed passes. Now show me where another top WR is going to get his touches?
So are we going to throw more and win less?
Who knows what we’re going to do LOL I’m hoping for more balance actually. And hope no one gets a big head and wants The ball more. Gallup Cooper Seem content sharing. I think Lam will be fine. Again it’s all about balance my cowboy brother

Verdict

Reaction score
Any chance 6 QBs go before our pick? If so does that increase or decrease the value of our pick in a trade back scenario?

What if only 3 QBs are taken before us at #10? Does that increase or decrease the value of our pick?

Motorola

Reaction score
Any chance 6 QBs go before our pick? If so does that increase or decrease the value of our pick in a trade back scenario?

What if only 3 QBs are taken before us at #10? Does that increase or decrease the value of our pick?
I think the value stays the same. The only team unsettled at QB in the top 10 is Denver. Looking at the draft order, only New England @ 15 and Washington @ 20 seemed to be the only teams that could be looking for a QB for the future.
It would appear they can wait for either Jones\ Fields \ Lance to fall to their slots.
But Washington may want to leapfrog New England to get first choice..but would the Cowboys swap with their division rival...and vice-versa?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
there will be at least one trade where a team jumps ahead of us. if more than one, then yes things could deviate substantially from the expected.

DRella

Reaction score
I think the value stays the same. The only team unsettled at QB in the top 10 is Denver. Looking at the draft order, only New England @ 15 and Washington @ 20 seemed to be the only teams that could be looking for a QB for the future.
It would appear they can wait for either Jones\ Fields \ Lance to fall to their slots.
But Washington may want to leapfrog New England to get first choice..but would the Cowboys swap with their division rival...and vice-versa?

I would swap with Washington for their 19th pick, 51st pick and next years 1st Rounder. We definitely can upgrade our defense with the 19th, 44th, and 51st picks in this draft. One of Farley, Horn, Surtain will still be available at 19 if there is a rush on QBs, and WRs and OL in the top 18. Throw in Parsons, Pitts. We should be good to go. None of the QBs projected around 10 scare me when we have Prescott.

Motorola

Reaction score
I would swap with Washington for their 19th pick, 51st pick and next years 1st Rounder. We definitely can upgrade our defense with the 19th, 44th, and 51st picks in this draft. One of Farley, Horn, Surtain will still be available at 19 if there is a rush on QBs, and WRs and OL in the top 18. Throw in Parsons, Pitts. We should be good to go. None of the QBs projected around 10 scare me when we have Prescott.
Washington just might go for that. It's works well for both teams.

DRella

Reaction score
Washington just might go for that. It's works well for both teams.

If I am the Cowboys, and I truly believe we can finish ahead of Washington this coming season. I make that trade with my eyes closed. They would be stupid not to.

With the haul the Cowboys get for this draft they definitely will get better along with the FA signings to date. The Giants got better as well. Philly is the only team that has in my eyes stayed the same. But with that said I can see division playing out to be Cowboys, Giants, Philly and Washington. If that happens that 1st rounder next year is a top 10 pick. Coupled with another 1st our own, we do what we want to and that is build through draft.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think the draft will effectively start at #4 - JAX, NYJ and SF are all taking QB. Just a matter of who but seems likely that it's Lawrence/Wilson and then Fields/Jones/Lance.

What will be the real interest will be where those five QB's go - I think a trade down is a possibility especially as how skill positions are also likely to go high.

What would be an immense choice is if somebody like Sewell falls and you have to choose between him and a CB.

DRella

Reaction score
I think the draft will effectively start at #4 - JAX, NYJ and SF are all taking QB. Just a matter of who but seems likely that it's Lawrence/Wilson and then Fields/Jones/Lance.

What will be the real interest will be where those five QB's go - I think a trade down is a possibility especially as how skill positions are also likely to go high.

What would be an immense choice is if somebody like Sewell falls and you have to choose between him and a CB.

I think Sewell and Slater will be gobbled up by Cincy and Carolina to protect their investments in Burrows and now Darnold in Carolina. But those teams may also go WR as well to compliment their QBs. Its hard to tell. But both teams have weaknesses on OL.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.

Your right and I also think the same thing would apply if it comes to a choice between Surtain and Parsons. It really doesn't take much for a circus-type situation to get going here at CZ. Of course, the good part here is that no matter what, good results are quite likely to follow, regardless.

ICP

Reaction score
Saw a mock today that had Sewell going at 13 to the Chargers. Completely ridiculous I know and if for whatever reason that was to happen, as much as I would like to see us draft a defensive player, I would be disgusted to see Dallas pass on him if he's still available at #10

Thomas82

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if we traded up if the opportunity presented itself. From what I heard, Detroit is looking to trade down.