Draft Day wishes - would you be happy with ...

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
any of these 4?

Nick Mangold (C) OSU - we haven't had a center since Stepnoski.

Santonio Holmes (WR) OSU - despite getting TO - we have age at the position and lack an underneath guy . with Glenn being the Homerun hitter.

Bobby Carpenter (LB) OSU - with the early retirement of Dat Nguyen and Al Singleton aging - this guy is a perfect fit if he's healthy, despite rumors that he's a tad overrated - I take him.

Jason Allen (S) (CB) - Florida - we need a cover Roy Williams is the best hitting Safety in the game but his coverage skills are subpar - he needs someone to cover his *** when he plays up on the LOS. Surprised Parcells has not filled this spot thru FA.

I also would not mind signing Lavar Arrington - although overrated - he's still a top shelf LB.

What are your wishes? Could you live with mine?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1st, Allen is from Tennessee Uni

2nd, only one on the list I'd be happy with, is Carpenter

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Manny Lawson kid...That Crazycowboy guy likes him a lot. He should get something right every now and again...J/K...

Eddie

Reaction score
I would be happy with the BPA regardless of position as long it's not a Safety or FB.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv said:
I'm looking at the Manny Lawson kid...That Crazycowboy guy likes him a lot. He should get something right every now and again...J/K...
Isn't Lawson a top 12 guy though?

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
I would be happy with the BPA regardless of position as long it's not a Safety or FB.
You do realize we need a Cover safety as well as a real Center - badly.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Well, my wish list would look like this:

Manny Lawson or Winston Justice RD1

If we don;t get Lawson, I hope Bobby Carpenter is there in the second.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
any of these 4?

Nick Mangold (C) OSU - we haven't had a center since Stepnoski.

Santonio Holmes (WR) OSU - despite getting TO - we have age at the position and lack an underneath guy . with Glenn being the Homerun hitter.

Bobby Carpenter (LB) OSU - with the early retirement of Dat Nguyen and Al Singleton aging - this guy is a perfect fit if he's healthy, despite rumors that he's a tad overrated - I take him.

Jason Allen (S) (CB) - Florida - we need a cover Roy Williams is the best hitting Safety in the game but his coverage skills are subpar - he needs someone to cover his *** when he plays up on the LOS. Surprised Parcells has not filled this spot thru FA.

I also would not mind signing Lavar Arrington - although overrated - he's still a top shelf LB.

What are your wishes? Could you live with mine?

Mangold...hell no...see Faine, Chrois Spencer and Al Johnson as reasons NOT to select centers or interior OL's early

Holmes...wouldnt hate it, but wouldnt love it...could see it happening though

Carpenter...ok

Allen...no way...major damaged goods and somebody is just asking for trouble drafting him early

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I have no doubt he'll be better than Reggie Bush

No doubt

well you and yeager are the only ones then, because nobody else in the civilized world would think that (or believe it)

Bush is one of the most dominant players to enter the draft in years

David

Woods

Reaction score
Out of the original 4 mentioned above, I'll take Carpenter, thank you.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I would hate any WR taken in the first 2 rds,, 1 st should be OT- winston or Mcneil, 2nd should be FS 3rd round, best rated player between LB and QB,
5th WR 6th DL 7th OL if we trade down and pick up another 3rd or 4th.. go with either LB or QB BPA that we didn't take with the first 3rd.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
well you and yeager are the only ones then, because nobody else in the civilized world would think that (or believe it)

David
I never said he'd be better than Bush but I do think he will be a great NFL RB. The Colts would be the perfect team for him.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

Bush will quickly discover that breaking 80 yard runs isnt as easy when the DE's are suddenly faster than NCAA OLB's.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Bush will quickly discover that breaking 80 yard runs isnt as easy when the DE's are suddenly faster than NCAA OLB's.

he has speed, quickness, moves and hands...he's a sensational receiver and has inate running instincts..he's the most explosive RB to enter the NFL that I have ever watched extensively, and he certainly has the ability to be a Dorsett/Sanders type dominant player...I saw both play in college, and Bush was more explosive than them

I'd be shocked if he wasnt the same kind of game chaning, premier player in the NFL that he was in college

David