Draft Day wishes - would you be happy with ...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
im sorry, but i dont see why anybody still has Allen going in round 1. this guy is a reach in round 2 and is only worth it to us in round 3. do not ever put this guy on your board for round 1, we can get him 2 rounds later. its sad that people dont understand how much stock he has lost, 2 failed physicals and a major hip injury! this is not to be overlooked in a FS, if hes around in the third lets get him, but not anytime sooner.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
and kiper is a dirty alien, and has possibly the worst mock draft ive ever seen.
I'm not saying he's 100 percent - but a recent review of his last 3 drafts rank him at almost 80 % accuracy behinds Gosselin who is #1

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
I'm not saying he's 100 percent - but a recent review of his last 3 drafts rank him at almost 80 % accuracy behinds Gosselin who is #1

well his idea that allen is going in the 1st changes his rating from 100% to 80% alone. just check this out.

Jason Allen
64339.jpg

JASON ALLEN MEASURABLES Height: 6-0
fraction_7-8.gif
Weight: 213 40-yard dash: 4.39 10-yard dash: 1.46 20-yard shuttle: 3.81 60-yard shuttle: 11.17 Broad jump: 10-11 225-lb. bench: 17 3-cone drill: 6.75 Vertical jump: 39
fraction_1-2.gif
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.52

Strengths: Is a playmaker who uses his long arms, leaping ability and strength to win jump balls and take away passes. Plays well against the run and in coverage. Has decent speed, good burst and great ball skills. Is tall and smooth and can turn and run with receivers. Fills the hole hard against the run, tackles well in the open field and uses his size to make big hits. Excels at redirecting receivers at the line of scrimmage. Is comfortable playing in the tackle box. Can shed blockers.

Weaknesses: A dislocated hip ended his senior season, raising questions about his durability. Is a bit of a ’tweener; lacks elite speed to play cornerback. Must improve at open-field tackling and playing in space to become an elite safety. Lacks great pre-snap recognition. Relies too much on his athletic ability in coverage.

Bottom line:
Allen has a lot of potential and projects highly as both a cornerback and safety. However, his hip injury prevented him from playing in all-star games. His ability is unquestioned, and he was a first-round prospect before the injury. He now must prove he is the player he was in 2004. He is worth the risk late in the third round.

Information::
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...en&btnG=Search
http://www.altavista.com/web/results...en&kgs=1&kls=0

Highlights::
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Safety+Jason+Allen+Video+Highli ghts&btnG=Search

http://utsports.collegesports.com/mu...ultimedia.html

HIP INJURY ON A DB! dbs use their hips to turn with recievers, trust me. it is a much more serious injury than you think. 2 failed physicals, this makes teams wonder if he is durable. he was never a first round prospect on my board, he was always my pick for us at 49, until i heard about his 2nd failed physical and that his injury is still holding him back, so this told me that he will drop into the third, and hey a safety who drops a round is worth it to me. so in the third we take him. its way to much of a risk to pick him in the first.

Gordon

Reaction score
Trade down about 5 spots, pick up and extra 3rd rounder, draft Bobby Carpenter.. I'd be a very happy man.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
I would be happy with best value. Cromartie would be one I think would provide excellent value. Watson is slipping but I think he fits a huge need. Chad Jackson is a young WR we can develop. In a perfect world though Justice would be a guy to have due to talent and age being only 20.

mperfection

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I would only be happy with DeAngelo Williams :D
Sounding like a true Memphian there, Yeager. I graduated from Trezevant High School and Rhodes College. Grew up in Raleigh.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
I've read that Carpenter is injury prone and a product of playing with Hawk.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I would only be happy with DeAngelo Williams :D
oh man, i remember watching the bowl memphis was in this year...man was i shocked, SO good, i dont care that memphis lost that game, if D. Williams would have gone to a bigger named school like the texas's and USC's and ND's he would be battling r. bush for first running back taken

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
I've read that Carpenter is injury prone and a product of playing with Hawk.

i read here about 3 days ago that TO runs a 4.19 40 but i KNOW that he runs a 4.54-4.76 (clocked various times throughout his career). my point being how can carpenter be injury prone, when i havent heard of any serious injuries? and how can a OLB be a product of a ILB? this doesnt seem right, i see Carpenter as just being a straight up solid player, no FREAKISH (manny lawson) type talent, but he is solid in every aspect.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
i read here about 3 days ago that TO runs a 4.19 40 but i KNOW that he runs a 4.54-4.76 (clocked various times throughout his career). my point being how can carpenter be injury prone, when i havent heard of any serious injuries? and how can a OLB be a product of a ILB? this doesnt seem right, i see Carpenter as just being a straight up solid player, no FREAKISH (manny lawson) type talent, but he is solid in every aspect.
Carpenter is still recovering right now from an injury. He broke his leg/ankle. When a guys is hurt and can't run the drills, they slide. Just ask Canty.

Justis

Reaction score
Carpenter would be a suitable 2nd or 3rd option. everyone else is a definate no.

cboyd

Reaction score
Jason Allen was thought of as first round talent before his injury, and he still ran a 4.39 at the combine, and people are saying he is no good. Carpentar broke his ankle, runs a mediocre 4.66 40 time, and he is thought of as THE pick for Dallas at 18. To me if you say that Jason Allen is a reach at 18, then you also have to say Carpentar is a reach at 18 also.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And OLB a product of an ILB.....that's a first :rolleyes:
Common sense - run away from Hawk...ala what people did against Singletary ...wake up.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Lawson/Carpenter/Justice/Kromartie/Wimbley
/Watson,Gabe/Whitner/Spencer/Joseph/Colledge
/Watson,Pat/Anderson,Mark/Gocong/Watkins,Todd/
Jennings,Greg/
I can go on and on and on. :) oh yeah, and Steve Fifta in the 6th.

Smith22

Reaction score
cboyd said:
Jason Allen was thought of as first round talent before his injury, and he still ran a 4.39 at the combine, and people are saying he is no good. Carpentar broke his ankle, runs a mediocre 4.66 40 time, and he is thought of as THE pick for Dallas at 18. To me if you say that Jason Allen is a reach at 18, then you also have to say Carpentar is a reach at 18 also.

But you just can't ignore the fact that Allen had a dislocated hip. That is an awful injury for someone to have, especially in the secondary when you have to constantly change directions. I love the thought of him being a Cowboy, but I would wait until round 2 or 3 IF he falls that far.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
cboyd said:

i dont listen to you because you mentioned 40 times. not only did you mention 40 times, you mentioned them in the same sentence as a OLB. ouch, so your saying jerry rice should have been a 7th rounder since he ran a 4.74, get outta here with 40 times. 4.66 or 5.0 carpenter is raw, he will fit our scheme and he is solid in every aspect of the SOLB position. as for Jason Allen, seeing him in the third round is very likely as DB's turn with their hips, your shoulders and feet follow your hips, you have to open your hips to turn with recievers. his injury is so much more of a factor than a little broken ankle. im sorry but allen has lost stock and went form a 2nd round prospect to a third, because of a major injury while carpenter shouldnt be losing all to much stock since a ankle injury isnt much of a factor.