Draft Day wishes - would you be happy with ...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
i dont listen to you because you mentioned 40 times. not only did you mention 40 times, you mentioned them in the same sentence as a OLB. ouch, so your saying jerry rice should have been a 7th rounder since he ran a 4.74, get outta here with 40 times. 4.66 or 5.0 carpenter is raw, he will fit our scheme and he is solid in every aspect of the SOLB position. as for Jason Allen, seeing him in the third round is very likely as DB's turn with their hips, your shoulders and feet follow your hips, you have to open your hips to turn with recievers. his injury is so much more of a factor than a little broken ankle. im sorry but allen has lost stock and went form a 2nd round prospect to a third, because of a major injury while carpenter shouldnt be losing all to much stock since a ankle injury isnt much of a factor.
Let's fill this league with 5.0 - 40 yd dash guys... :confused:
You have to have talent to go with the speed, but at this level, I think most people have talent. And I'm more interested in 10 yd dash time than 40. I want to know if he can explode towards the runner or quickly get off the line on a rush or blitz. But you do need speed to play this game, if not then all of us would be playing instead of typing...:)

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Let's fill this league with 5.0 - 40 yd dash guys... :confused:
You have to have talent to go with the speed, but at this level, I think most people have talent. And I'm more interested in 10 yd dash time than 40. I want to know if he can explode towards the runner or quickly get off the line on a rush or blitz. But you do need speed to play this game, if not then all of us would be playing instead of typing...:)
\

exploding off the line means jack **** if you cant read guards/the play. and from what i hear carpenter is pretty damn smart and can read the play. this is how people get to the ball quickly. so forget the combine numbers - btw his werent bad, so dont complain. this guy can ball. great LBs are smart (derrick brooks' biggest emphasis is watching film and reading the play).