Draft dominos start to fall - Tannehill to Titans

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
NFL needs to start going to a lottery system for the non playoff qualifiers to stop this BS. :rolleyes:
Ya but, in this day& age it could easily be manipulated & the howls of foul play& favoritism would be incessant from day #1.

*EDIT*
unless it was of a "fishbowl" type ,with blindfolded bikini clad women drawing 1 of 32 team names outta' that bowl, how could you b**** about that?o_O

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's career so far: 32 wins in 48 starts. 975/1475 passing (66.1 percent) for 10,876 yards, 67 TD's, and 25 picks plus 944 yards rushing and 18 more touchdowns on the ground. Only QB in NFL history with 65-plus TD passes and 25 or fewer picks in his first three seasons. In a run-first offense, I might add.

But fans want Dak replaced because he doesn't always throw the prettiest passes. I just can't understand the anti-Dak agenda; especially after the 2015 season when we saw what the Cowboys looked like minus a QB that could play.

I am staying far away from Cowboys Zone on the day Dak gets his extension. Prescott is far from perfect, I get it, but he's a winner.

It's not anti-Dak to consider moving on to another QB if someone better comes along. In 1980 the 49ers had a very capable QB in Steve DeBerg, but they moved on to Joe Montana because he was much better. Same thing with the Cowboys and Craig Morton. Morton was a solid quarterback with a strong arm and an accurate pass. We nearly won Super Bowl V with him. But Roger Staubach was much, much better. He was more elusive and had better poise and leadership skills. He had that "it" that not everyone has. So the Cowboys went with Staubach and traded away Morton. I certainly disagree with the Dak-bashing crowd that says he's not any good. He's clearly demonstrated some skills. He's out best option right now, but that may not continue to be the case. NFL teams are a meritocracy. If a high quality QB falls to us, we should take him and see what he's made of. Allow for competition at the position. Granted it's less likely with this year's draft since we have no #1, but you never know. Joe Montana was drafted with a 3rd and Tom Brady was drafted with a 6th. Yes, I know finding gems like that in later rounds are very difficult, but it's not impossible. You keep your eye open for that. Plus in next year's draft we have a #1 pick again. I've been saying all along I don't want the team to overpay for Dak. Don't pay him like a top ten QB because he's not a top ten QB. Pay him commensurate with his worth, which is an above average QB. Keep developing him in case it is indeed possible to win a championship with him. However, keep the meritocracy going by keeping an eye out for his possible competition. I believe it's Dak bashing to call him a bum, but I don't think it's bashing to consider the possibility that we could get someone better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one said close.
Dak's territory.
Old fellow, if you can't accept that, then your shorts are on too tight for Dak.
Go look at their stats....I'm not even going to do it for you because you are trying to be a comedian and I don't have time to explain to you why 66% is nowhere near 62.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Go look at their stats....I'm not even going to do it for you because you are trying to be a comedian and I don't have time to explain to you why 66% is nowhere near 62.....
You have reached the nadir of coherent discussion, rural man. Again, in Dak territory. Not "at" or "near" or "approximating," rude personage.
Yours are too tight. Spare me from your obsessive compulsion. :omg:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have reached the nadir of coherent discussion, rural man. Again, in Dak territory. Not "at" or "near" or "approximating," rude personage.
Yours are too tight. Spare me from your obsessive compulsion. :omg:
Ok let me help you out. Go look at Tannenhill's stats.....do you see how he's had more seasons of being around a 60% passer than he does the 66 Dak is? His floor was a 58% passer lol.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I actually thought Tannehill could make for a good backup here. He’s athletic so it wouldn’t be a huge departure in terms of play-calling should he have to go in for Dak. He’s also got extensive starting experience which I think every backup should have ideally.

That said, we’ve got bigger fish to fry and limited draft capital.
I would probably take Tannehill as a starter over Dak (ignoring salary aspect - for now).

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Fitz signed with Phins so they are definitely going QB in 1.

csirl

Reaction score
Fitz signed with Phins so they are definitely going QB in 1.

2yrs 11m for an interim starter. Cowboys could have afforded this in addition to keeping Dak for 2020.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they trade for Wince. @Risen Star :lmao:

5b75ae399c49d.image.jpg