Draft Grade: Inc

Sully

Reaction score
Ya, I know the board has heard this numerous time ( insert mocking ) Don't care about good or bad, A to F the draft grade is labelled. The draft and the seasons will be : Incomplete until franchise can get to a NFC Conference game.

All the hype when CeeDee Lamb was drafted, Micah Parsons,etc.... and still not a single NFC Conference.
Dallas fan since 1977 and see this franchise resemble the Lions/Browns than Chiefs/Patriots/49ers/Steelers

rambo2

Reaction score
Ya, I know the board has heard this numerous time ( insert mocking ) Don't care about good or bad, A to F the draft grade is labelled. The draft and the seasons will be : Incomplete until franchise can get to a NFC Conference game.

All the hype when CeeDee Lamb was drafted, Micah Parsons,etc.... and still not a single NFC Conference.
Dallas fan since 1977 and see this franchise resemble the Lions/Browns than Chiefs/Patriots/49ers/Steelers
They are one of the best teams in the league right now. It is a great time to be a fan. When have the Lions and the Browns had double digit wins in 3 consecutive years? That is what the Cowboys are getting ready to accomplish.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Boo hoo. Poor little baby. Has her heart broken because the team hasn’t been to the NFC Championship game. Woah is me. Research the struggles the team had winning their 1st Super Bowl. I lived that. There was no giving up back then like there is today with posts like this one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry: 3 Super Bowl Wins

Landry: 2 Super Wins

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Jerry: 3 Super Bowl Wins

I love how this board reminisces for a decade when they were less successful than they were in the 90s, and just completely ignores the 3 Super Bowls lol

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Jimmy: 3 Super Bowl Wins

Fixed.
95 Super Bowl roster was 80% players that Jimmy drafted, signed, or traded for.

If you'd like to compare Owners, then yes.

Jerry - 3 Super Bowl wins
Clint Murchison Jr - 2 Super Bowl wins

Here's where it gets fun..

In 34 years (1989-2022) of ownership, Jerry's teams have been to 4 conference championship games
In the previous 29 years (1960-1988), the Cowboys went to 12 conference championship games.

You take away the 5 years that Jimmy Johnson has contractually obligated player personnel authority, then Jerry "the GM" is 29 years with 2 conference championship game appearances versus Murchison's 29 years with 12. Jerry's last NFC Championship Game appearance was 27 yars ago.

Keep pretending Jerry isn't the problem though.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I love how this board reminisces for a decade when they were less successful than they were in the 90s, and just completely ignores the 3 Super Bowls lol
It’s because from 66-86 they had a record 20 straight winning seasons, had an expectation of Super Bowl or bust and were considered a contender yearly. Now people love to hang 2 12 win seasons in a row banners. 90s was a long time ago.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So we have to live in shame and misery, bashing everything Cowboy related until they make a NFCCG? If they made 2-3 plays against SF last year and went to the NFCCG but got blown out the next week all would be good, and we could have rational conversations about the incoming draft class who had nothing to do with years prior?

I'm afraid I just don't understand the logic here......

rambo2

Reaction score
Fixed.
95 Super Bowl roster was 80% players that Jimmy drafted, signed, or traded for.

If you'd like to compare Owners, then yes.

Jerry - 3 Super Bowl wins
Clint Murchison Jr - 2 Super Bowl wins

Here's where it gets fun..

In 34 years (1989-2022) of ownership, Jerry's teams have been to 4 conference championship games
In the previous 29 years (1960-1988), the Cowboys went to 12 conference championship games.

You take away the 5 years that Jimmy Johnson has contractually obligated player personnel authority, then Jerry "the GM" is 29 years with 2 conference championship game appearances versus Murchison's 29 years with 12. Jerry's last NFC Championship Game appearance was 27 yars ago.

Keep pretending Jerry isn't the problem though.
He is doing good now.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It’s because from 66-86 they had a record 20 straight winning seasons, had an expectation of Super Bowl or bust and were considered a contender yearly. Now people love to hang 2 12 win seasons in a row banners. 90s was a long time ago.
This is more reflective of fans having unrealistic expectations for teams in a salary cap league with 32 teams. The 70s was even longer ago.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
How so? Can't get past divisonal rounds of the playoffs.

2-3 playoff record the last 5 years.
3-4 the last 10 years.

I'm optimistic we've made it two years in a row but I don't think the culture of this team lends itself to championship football.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is more reflective of fans having unrealistic expectations for teams in a salary cap league with 32 teams. The 70s was even longer ago.
I understand. I’m just expressing the reasoning. Despite the totals there is a lot more to fandom and winning traditions….and who is responsible. Going close to 3 decades without a sniff is sad. It's not unrealistic to expect more than the Lions as far as reaching a NFCCG

rambo2

Reaction score
How so? Can't get past divisonal rounds of the playoffs.

2-3 playoff record the last 5 years.
3-4 the last 10 years.

I'm optimistic we've made it two years in a row but I don't think the culture of this team lends itself to championship football.
25 wins the last 2 years and on their way to their third double digit win season in a row.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
25 wins the last 2 years and on their way to their third double digit win season in a row.
Definitely better but I judge football teams on champiosnhip contention. They have to advance to the conference championship game this year.