Draft Grade: Inc

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That's the only credit I give him. But Jimmy was coming to the NFL with or without him. We were just lucky that they were friends. Too bad it couldn't have lasted.
So then he has 3 Super Bowls as an owner. Why is that not as relevant to the future as anything else from that era? What owner wouldn't live on that reputation?

They are no more or less relevant to the Cowboys having success in the future as Kraft in New England.

rambo2

Reaction score
I do not understand how this base has allowed the Jones to convince them that this is okay. They lowered the bar and you guys want to celebrate 25 wins in two years. The Chiefs have won 31 over the past two years.

Since 2016, Kansas City has won 64 games, winning their division 5 straight years, have been to 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them. Their playoff record the last 5 years is 11-3.

In that same span, Dallas has won 48 games, winning their division twice, and have not advanced to the Conference Championship Game. Their playoff record the last 5 years is 2-3.

The Cowboys are not in that conversation. Jerry just keeps finding scapegoats for his failures. Held onto Jason Garrett way too long and then finally scapeoated him. Hired a fraud in Mike McCarthy and they scapegoated Kellen Moore this year. Next year will be McCarthy. Dan Quinn will be up next because he is okay with the current (lack of) leadership culture in Dallas. Jerry doesn't truly want to win; he wants enablers.
List the other teams in the league that have won 25 games in the last 2 years.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So then he has 3 Super Bowls as an owner. Why is that not as relevant to the future as anything else from that era? What owner wouldn't live on that reputation?

They are no more or less relevant to the Cowboys having success in the future as Kraft in New England.
Because he hasn't done anything relevant since then other than a few playoff wins. We have one of the worse playoff records this century. We can't even bumble our way to a championship game. Every year I hear this year will be different and nothing ever changes. If Jerry would have hired football guys to run the organization he could have been one of the greatest owners of all time but his ego won't allow it. I remember when Jerry fired Tom and Tex We had 3 bad seasons and that was enough for fans to forget everything they had built. Well it's been 28 years since the Cowboys have played for anything relevant. I was 30 when we last won a title. I'm turning 58 next month. I don't expect to see another title. And that Jerry's fault. Wasted all these years trying to prove he can win it his way and every year he proves he can't. He can't even play for a title. As for Kraft, if Bill doesn't do something in the next year or two I bet he gets rid of him and starts over. That's something Jerry won't do.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Because he hasn't done anything relevant since then other than a few playoff wins.
By this standard, no owner is relevant - whatever that means - except for the years they win the Super Bowl.

It is an impossible standard.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
By this standard, no owner is relevant - whatever that means - except for the years they win the Super Bowl.

It is an impossible standard.
It's the whole body of work. You want to give Jerry credit for about 5 years out of 35 years he owned the team. I want to give him credit for the 30 years he ran the team by himself. Take away Jimmy and he's a terrible owner.I always give him credit for hiring Jimmy but then he saddled us with Puppet coaches for most of the rest of the time he owned the team. A decade of Garrett really?

rambo2

Reaction score
Because he hasn't done anything relevant since then other than a few playoff wins. We have one of the worse playoff records this century. We can't even bumble our way to a championship game. Every year I hear this year will be different and nothing ever changes. If Jerry would have hired football guys to run the organization he could have been one of the greatest owners of all time but his ego won't allow it. I remember when Jerry fired Tom and Tex We had 3 bad seasons and that was enough for fans to forget everything they had built. Well it's been 28 years since the Cowboys have played for anything relevant. I was 30 when we last won a title. I'm turning 58 next month. I don't expect to see another title. And that Jerry's fault. Wasted all these years trying to prove he can win it his way and every year he proves he can't. He can't even play for a title. As for Kraft, if Bill doesn't do something in the next year or two I bet he gets rid of him and starts over. That's something Jerry won't do.
They were 1 and 1 in the playoffs last year. They look like they have made some improvements to that team. They certainly have a shot to have a good season again and maybe they get over the hump. Being positive and enjoying the ride is a much better way to live than doing what you are doing. It isn't a waste to enjoy what happens.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's the whole body of work. You want to give Jerry credit for about 5 years out of 35 years he owned the team. I want to give him credit for the 30 years he ran the team by himself. Take away Jimmy and he's a terrible owner.I always give him credit for hiring Jimmy but then he saddled us with Puppet coaches for most of the rest of the time he owned the team. A decade of Garrett really?
Take away the 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and he's a terrible owner.

Now do that for EVERY OWNER in sports lol. No owner is good if you say "except for all the good things."

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
1992 1993 1995

A long, long time ago.

Count the GM's who have stayed employed for 27 years without contending for a Super Bowl.
Which teams have a "culture that facilitates winning championships?" Don't dodge the question.

1992 is no more or less relevant than 2002, 2012, or 2022 to future success.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They were 1 and 1 in the playoffs last year. They look like they have made some improvements to that team. They certainly have a shot to have a good season again and maybe they get over the hump. Being positive and enjoying the ride is a much better way to live than doing what you are doing. It isn't a waste to enjoy what happens.
No because I don't live in a fantasy world. I just can't picture believing the hype every year only to be disappointed again. It would be like Lucy pulling the football from Charlie brown. You know what's going to happen but you fall for it anyway.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why is "25 games" your new Lombardi?

Count the NFC teams who have not been to a NFCCG since the Cowboys last one?
You should answer my question. It isn't a long list. Here is some more questions. How many teams have never won a Super Bowl? What percentage of the league is this? How many teams have won 5 Super Bowls? What percentage of the league is this?

rambo2

Reaction score
No because I don't live in a fantasy world. I just can't picture believing the hype every year only to be disappointed again. It would be like Lucy pulling the football from Charlie brown. You know what's going to happen but you fall for it anyway.
Fantasy? It is a fact that they went 1 and 1 in the playoffs last year and were one of the best teams in the league.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Fantasy? It is a fact that they went 1 and 1 in the playoffs last year and were one of the best teams in the league.
They beat a bad TB team and the offense was totally dominated by SF. They were lucky the NFC was so weak. And that's what they got going for them this year. So they should make the playoffs. But again, get back to me in January.

rambo2

Reaction score
They beat a bad TB team and the offense was totally dominated by SF. They were lucky the NFC was so weak. And that's what they got going for them this year. So they should make the playoffs. But again, get back to me in January.
Lol, you negative guys are just negative.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Which teams have a "culture that facilitates winning championships?" Don't dodge the question.
Cultures where the top 2 executives for team building are accountable and can lose their job if their decisions don't work out.

Cultures where a recently hired Head Coach can't admit to lying about watching every game to get the job.

Cultures where Head Coaches aren't constantly assigned their assistant coaches.

Cultures who don't make up stories after the draft to justify their decisions.

Anything else?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Cultures where the top 2 executives for team building are accountable and can lose their job if their decisions don't work out.

Cultures where a recently hired Head Coach can't admit to lying about watching every game to get the job.

Cultures where Head Coaches aren't constantly assigned their assistant coaches.

Cultures who don't make up stories after the draft to justify their decisions.

Anything else?
Which teams???

It's so easy that you can't even name any of htem lol