Draft is over and the 2nd phase of Vet Free agency picks up again

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I saw Det. GM say they will not fill out their roster with Vet FA players which often times this late into the off season the FA market can offer up some good bargains. Do you believe Cowboys will make any moves with remaining NFL vet Free agents? Some interesting names still out on the FA market

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well safety should still be a priority lol.

I think they'll be pretty quiet, they don't really have any depth needs. I still think they should bring in another vet RB, but that seems unlikely now.

This is such a disappointing offseason. They had all of the cap space in the world and, even with the draft, have not brought in a difference maker. They've largely gotten older and slower.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I saw Det. GM say they will not fill out their roster with Vet FA players which often times this late into the off season the FA market can offer up some good bargains. Do you believe Cowboys will make any moves with remaining NFL vet Free agents? Some interesting names still out on the FA market

I don't think we'll do anything else. Whether we like it or not, we signed a veteran safety and filled all the other holes that were open before the draft. I think the only thing that would cause us to dip back into FA is an injury.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would not count on any major moves.

I expect the "we like what we haves" to start in earnest at any time now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Other than that, only could see a smaller signing like competition for Maher.

They should already be doing this like other teams with kicker problems already have.

Either teams took one in the draft or are holding Gong Show auditions with four or five try out players at upcoming rookie minicamps.

Maher is definitely not a player who has earned the right to sit there on this roster uncontested.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I don't think we'll do anything else. Whether we like it or not, we signed a veteran safety and filled all the other holes that were open before the draft. I think the only thing that would cause us to dip back into FA is an injury.
Broaddus has an interesting quote at the team website. Unlike some here, I have a lot of respect for Broaddus, but he isn't the smoothest writer on the planet. His comment could be read more than one way -- "From my understanding they had a discussion about drafting Juan Thornhill before they selected Trysten Hill. I don’t disagree with you about the position but I think we’re getting closer to adding a real difference maker there besides Xavier Woods."

He either means the Cowboys are closer, philosophically, to valuing a difference maker at safety, or he thinks there might be a trade or late free agent in play. I'm not sure which.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Broaddus has an interesting quote at the team website. Unlike some here, I have a lot of respect for Broaddus, but he isn't the smoothest writer on the planet. His comment could be read more than one way -- "From my understanding they had a discussion about drafting Juan Thornhill before they selected Trysten Hill. I don’t disagree with you about the position but I think we’re getting closer to adding a real difference maker there besides Xavier Woods."

He either means the Cowboys are closer, philosophically, to valuing a difference maker at safety, or he thinks there might be a trade or late free agent in play. I'm not sure which.
I'm guessing they are changing their philosophy. They liked Thornhill as a possible 2nd round pick and Will harris in the 3rd. So they were considering safties high in the draft.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This maybe there plan for Safety. I think our trenches are full unless a starter upgrade is available cheap. From here it’s camp body signings with the exception of a kicker hopefully...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
This maybe there plan for Safety. I think our trenches are full unless a starter upgrade is available cheap. From here it’s camp body signings with the exception of a kicker hopefully...
I think they grab a vet LB some where.