Draft is over and the 2nd phase of Vet Free agency picks up again

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Great, now we are calling some of Browns traits elite.
Ugh nevermind.

I said he ran the comeback at an elite level. His change of direction and explosion out of the break rival anything Dez ever did on the route. It is what it is.

you want to run from the argument I'll let that point stand versus this whine.

JBond

Reaction score
D5cI1JRXkAIAymN.png:large
Fail. Explain again why he didn't play the last two years? The Chiefs cut him after the crap he pulled last year. The final straw was refusing surgery. Of course some fans read a name they have heard of and want to sign him. Happens all the time. I am a native KC resident and a die hard Cowboys fan. Run away from Berry. Listened to the drama every day for two years. He is done.

Second opinion? Lol. That always turns out well. Good grief.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Fail. Explain again why he didn't play the last two years? The Chiefs cut him after the crap he pulled last year. The final straw was refusing surgery. Of course some fans read a name they have heard of and want to sign him. Happens all the time. I am a native KC resident and a die hard Cowboys fan. Run away from Berry. Listened to the drama every day for two years. He is done.

Second opinion? Lol. That always turns out well. Good grief.
Loser says Fail.....lol

You suck at this

You ask for a source and I give you 6

You are done here

JBond

Reaction score
Loser says Fail.....lol

You suck at this

You ask for a source and I give you 6

You are done here
Lol... why didn't he play the last two years?

How about you back up your big fat mouth. Signature bet for a year. Berry starts and finishes less than eight complete games this year. Put up or shut up.

Damn kids. This is how we used to shut down the arrogant/ignorant posters.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm more opposed to Witten's signing than Dez's, and Witten came at 5x the cost.

It's not about holding onto past names, it's about filling a need. A need that both Dez or someone like Crabtree would try to fill.

If you're not happy with the two players I mention, then put some original thought into something and make your own list that fits needs.

We could use a guy in the end zone who can go up and get it on the back line. Who can muscle out defenders for the ball. Dez and Crabtree work for that.

Maybe Cedrick will make a good red zone target.

And I can see the objections to Witten. How much more is he bringing than the guys we already have? Some. But Witten has the look of a progress stopper for these guys.

The bright spot on Witten is Linehan. He was giving Witten stick routes. Witten is supposed to make big yac from a standing start facing the wrong way? Don't think so.

The production from Witten should get better by giving him better routes, and not crowding his area with Beasley. Austin can play deeper, and back off the zones for Witten too.

Witten was our free agent signing to cover ourselves on a questionable position with an ok player. He's better than ok, and costs better than ok too.

And he keeps my Witten jersey in play!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Berry sat out the playoffs. Was not willing to play. Claimed he could, but chose not to play.

Not what Football Outsiders or ProFootball Reference says.

PFR says Berry started their playoff game.
FO says Berry played *every* defensive snap in Week 20, KC's last game of the season.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Anyone know were Pro Football Reference *playoff* snap counts are hiding? I can't find them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not what Football Outsiders or ProFootball Reference says.

PFR says Berry started their playoff game.
FO says Berry played *every* defensive snap in Week 20, KC's last game of the season.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Anyone know were Pro Football Reference *playoff* snap counts are hiding? I can't find them.
Berry played 97 snaps against NE in the playoffs or 100%
He missed the INDY game the week before

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201901200kan.htm

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'm guessing they are changing their philosophy. They liked Thornhill as a possible 2nd round pick and Will harris in the 3rd. So they were considering safties high in the draft.

Deciphering Broaddus or Jerry Jones quotes reminds of reading and interpreting Chaucer as a10th grader. You think you get it- but in discussion group you find out you were way, way off.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
We not signing any more vets. We have no compensation picks for 2020 at this point to mess up anyways..