Draft is over and the 2nd phase of Vet Free agency picks up again

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Only if Heath gets an injury right now. Yah, we sign a vet safety.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well safety should still be a priority lol.

I think they'll be pretty quiet, they don't really have any depth needs. I still think they should bring in another vet RB, but that seems unlikely now.

This is such a disappointing offseason. They had all of the cap space in the world and, even with the draft, have not brought in a difference maker. They've largely gotten older and slower.

You heard Stephen ( with Jerry and Red looking on) say that they really don't allocate that many resources to safety. They have said countless times that they like who they have and are just hunky dory with Heath. Some guys on this board just need to give up on the safety trade or acquisition. Heath is our man.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You heard Stephen ( with Jerry and Red looking on) say that they really don't allocate that many resources to safety. They have said countless times that they like who they have and are just hunky dory with Heath. Some guys on this board just need to give up on the safety trade or acquisition. Heath is our man.

They weren't talking like that when they tried to get Thomas last year. Berry is still out there, and won't cost a pick.

LittleD

Reaction score
They weren't talking like that when they tried to get Thomas last year. Berry is still out there, and won't cost a pick.

They could have pulled that trade last draft or this spring if they had sprung for the quan. Stephen wasn't signing any checks for millions for a safety. Not in this Cowboy Organization. Any all pro safety that wants a prove it deal can apply directly to Stephen today.

RandyOh

Reaction score
As many have stated in here Berry is the big hopeful to be signed but i would also like to see Josh McCown brought in to backup Dak. Hes a good locker room guy and he could be a mentor to both Dak and Mike White. I remember hearing that Mark Sanchez was a big help to Dak from the sidelines. Would think McCown could be as big a help as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You think so. Well maybe your right. Depth never hurts. Lee likely won’t make a whole 16 games. We lost Wilson.

There's still Thomas to fill the void if need be, although I'm surprised that an OLB wasn't taken in the draft. Let's see what happens.

Beaker42

Reaction score
And I hope he blows another playoff game for us. Heath sucks and so does our FO for not admitting it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As many have stated in here Berry is the big hopeful to be signed but i would also like to see Josh McCown brought in to backup Dak. Hes a good locker room guy and he could be a mentor to both Dak and Mike White. I remember hearing that Mark Sanchez was a big help to Dak from the sidelines. Would think McCown could be as big a help as well.

I agree. I think when you have a young starting QB you should have a vet QB sitting behind him who has gone through the wars before as opposed to a very green backup who has not seen any action.

LittleD

Reaction score
And I hope he blows another playoff game for us. Heath sucks and so does our FO for not admitting it.

Most likely will. Heath is not nor ever will be an "all pro". You just have to pick your spots for all pros in today's NFL. No cap way to have all pros at every position these days with
the salaries they command. This ain't Madden for the 10,000th time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Most likely will. Heath is not nor ever will be an "all pro". You just have to pick your spots for all pros in today's NFL. No cap way to have all pros at every position these days with
the salaries they command. This ain't Madden for the 10,000th time.
Heath ranked 81st out of 93 safeties last year. Surely we can do better than that without paying all pro money.