Draft position gets worse with every playoff victory

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Gets worse by a lot... 4 to 5 places.
The silver lining of a loss this past Monday night would have been a mid first round pick.

Now we are guaranteed to be picking in the 20s or worse.

If we want a top tier talent in the first round (and not being stupid and picking a running back), picking at 27 to 32 isn't the ticket.
If we do lose to the Niners this Sunday... the good news is at least our draft pick should be in the lower 20s instead of the upper 20s. Which still isn't ideal but elite players coming out of college are much likely to fall to say 22 or 23 as opposed to 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, or 32.
I was hoping for just one win all season, that way I get 1st pick. NOT! You can't have your cake and eat it too when it comes to the draft unless your willing to move up and give away the farmhouse.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The silver lining of a loss this past Monday night would have been a mid first round pick.

If we want a top tier talent in the first round (and not being stupid and picking a running back), picking at 27 to 32 isn't the ticket.
If we do lose to the Niners this Sunday... the good news is at least our draft pick should be in the lower 20s instead of the upper 20s. Which still isn't ideal but elite players coming out of college are much likely to fall to say 22 or 23 as opposed to 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, or 32.
The point of football is to win, not to move up a few spots in the draft

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’d lose a 1st rounder to win a SB at this point

Proximo

Reaction score
This is top tier trolling by OP; well done sir.

If we win big on Sunday we can all gnash our teeth over our increasingly poor draft position. LOL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

CZ is great entertainment. I’ve never seen more stupid **** posted here than anywhere else.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Besides, it's not our draft pick that matters. It's that first-rounder we got from Cleveland for Cooper. Sorry, what's that? Oh, well at least a second-rounder then. What? Seriously?

Damn.
totally, if we had Amari we might have beaten Tampa by 6 more points. rawr!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Screw this winning crap! Especially in the playoffs!

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Hell I hope to have the 32 pick. lol I'm sorry I don;t go into a season hoping to get a great draft pick the following season. These guys are out there to win, I would expect nothing less. As for the pick really not worried about it at this stage of the season

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Very laughable, your team is in the playoffs man, root for your team, or go root for the Bears.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I can truthfully and honestly say, this is the very first time this season I've thought about the Cowboys hurting their draft chances. So I guess..congrats on that OP? I'm actually surprised Dak sucks wasn't thrown in there for good measure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The main issue here is not sheer corniness but the lack of any math skills.

If you lose and are out you get ranked by regular season W/L record.
Dallas having won 12 games was going to be the near the bottom of the round and in fact pick only 23rd.
That's not middle of the round.

If all the favorites win next week Dallas (will lose and) will have dropped 4 spots. 23rd to 27th.
If Dallas wins next week but all other favorites win to lose the following week they fall to 29th w all favorites winning.

So to recap, you weren't ever drafting mid-round or in the top 17-19 anyway.
You don't drop a ton each round going forward because there are only 4. then 2, then 1 losing team going forward by week.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Educated, well-evaluated drafting is what any franchise in any sport, along with their fanbases, should desire. Picking higher increases the odds of possibly landing better overall talent. It does not guarantee anything other than a higher selection.

What is the incentive of watching sports, an activity geared towards the pursuit of winning, if the spectator justifies for themselves that it is logical to endorse losing? Lovie Smith was just fired over this nonsense.

"I want my team to lose."
Why?
"I want my team to win."
How?
"They will get a better player to help them win."
Who?
"I don't know but he will be better than what we have."
How can you be certain?
"I don't know but it gives us better odds?"
What if the front office had a high draft pick but traded it to move down and drafted lessor talent?

"LEAVE ME ALONE! I WANT TO WIN!"

:banghead:

irishline

Reaction score

Seriously?

The point of the NFL is to win championships not to have better draft positions.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I'm guessing this is the sports equivalent to Stockholm Syndrome.......

giphy.gif