Draft Recap

Chasing6

Reaction score
Precisely.

Folks like to trot out "well, the Cowboys had [name the prospect] graded higher..." but that's entirely the problem. Their evaluations and general approach the past two draft have been stupefying.

I would make a modest wager that on the balance, guys like Jaylen Wright, Marshawn Lloyd, or Ray Davis will likely have more of an impact than Liufau will.

Jaylen Wright would have been the perfect player to fill that Tony Pollard complimentary/speed back role that he thrived in.

I said many times before the draft that I wouldn't mind bringing back Zeke provided it was in a reduced role and didn't preclude us from drafting another RB.

Yet, what did these goofs do?

They went ahead and ignored the position entirely and plan on trotting Zeke, who's a year older, with a bunch of JAGs.

Unthinkable.
These goofs traded our our 4th round pick and $5.3M, which either separately, could have got us a legit RB.

For a kid that will never play.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Precisely.

Folks like to trot out "well, the Cowboys had [name the prospect] graded higher..." but that's entirely the problem. Their evaluations and general approach the past two draft have been stupefying.

I would make a modest wager that on the balance, guys like Jaylen Wright, Marshawn Lloyd, or Ray Davis will likely have more of an impact than Liufau will.

Jaylen Wright would have been the perfect player to fill that Tony Pollard complimentary/speed back role that he thrived in.

I said many times before the draft that I wouldn't mind bringing back Zeke provided it was in a reduced role and didn't preclude us from drafting another RB.

They went ahead and ignored the position entirely and plan on trotting Zeke, who's a year older, with a bunch of JAGs.

Unthinkable.
I wouldn’t limit it to the last 2 years of drafting…we have a history of being terrible in the 2nd round and just struggling drafting on the defensive front 7 as long as I can remember.

In relation to all of the reaches, yea, how the Cowboys build their board is obviously a massive problem. But they’ll continue to tell us “he was a blinking light” or “he was the highest player on our board by a lot.”

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Precisely.

Unthinkable.
Bro just means the Duece is Loose