Draft Recap

cnuball21

Reaction score
You draft your board. Considering the Cowboys had Beebe as a low 1st/high 2nd round grade, he was likely the top player on their board at 73. He steps in for a starter that left in FA.
My probably is usually with the how the Cowboys build and select from “their board.”

morasp

Reaction score
Zimmer said something on the phone call that he was very impressed how Marist was able to tell him what every player was doing on certain assignments.
The other clip I saw that was pretty good was the 105.3 interview of Greg Ellis during the draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said they had chances to trade down in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds, but it would've taken an all-time offer to get them to move out of #87 with LB Marist Liufau being available.

It's viewed as a reach, but Dallas really valued Liufau.

I'm surprised they didn't reach for a RB at any point and happy they didn't trade up for Jonathon Brooks in round 2.
Worst pick of the draft IMO. Especially considering they were RBs available that were ranked like a full round higher than Marist.

rambo2

Reaction score
Worst pick of the draft IMO. Especially considering they were RBs available that were ranked like a full round higher than Marist.
Well, they aren't going to get caught without linebackers this year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Will have to see how Marist Liufau plays. Don't you agree?
No. I dont. There was no reason to take a LB they could have gotten later instead of the more pressing need. But you wont see that.

rambo2

Reaction score
No. I dont. There was no reason to take a LB they could have gotten later instead of the more pressing need. But you wont see that.
I'll have to see him play. Him and the new corner. What do you think about the offensive line?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'll have to see him play. Him and the new corner. What do you think about the offensive line?
Love what they did especially the trade down. Just wish if they wanted a LB they went with Wilson. Id be ok with that over taking the RB. But for a guy they could have gotten in the 6th no, not ok with that over Wright or Lloyd.

rambo2

Reaction score
Love what they did especially the trade down. Just wish if they wanted a LB they went with Wilson. Id be ok with that over taking the RB. But for a guy they could have gotten in the 6th no, not ok with that over Wright or Lloyd.
It will be interesting to watch Wilson and Marist Liufau and MarShawn Lloyd and see what they do. Overall, I think the draft went very well. Beebe is a beast.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Oh I’m with you. He’s a very solid run player and a good athlete for his size, but again, I just don’t see the bend required to be a plus Edge rusher in the NFL.

He was ranked fairly high but I just have a real hard time spending a 2nd rounder on a run stuffing Edge I don’t see a lot of pass rush upside in.
He isn't a good pass rusher at this juncture, but they must see upside in that area to spend a 2nd rd pick on the player. Keep in mind, Zimmer has a strong track record of developing players. Hunter is a good example, struggled badly getting sacks on the college level, but he turned into an elite edge rusher under Zimmer. Not saying Kneeland will become the next Hunter who is the far better athlete, but there is hope he can turn Kneeland into a quality rusher.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh I’m with you. He’s a very solid run player and a good athlete for his size, but again, I just don’t see the bend required to be a plus Edge rusher in the NFL.

He was ranked fairly high but I just have a real hard time spending a 2nd rounder on a run stuffing Edge I don’t see a lot of pass rush upside in.
Priority number one was to impact the run game. A DE that can set the edge and collapse the tackle will have a positive impact on our biggest problem on defense. Anything he can add to the pass rush is a bonus. Most likely early in his career he will be off the field on 3rd down.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Priority number one was to impact the run game. A DE that can set the edge and collapse the tackle will have a positive impact on our biggest problem on defense. Anything he can add to the pass rush is a bonus. Most likely early in his career he will be off the field on 3rd down.
I hear you, but you can get that kind of player a round or 2 later.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He isn't a good pass rusher at this juncture, but they must see upside in that area to spend a 2nd rd pick on the player. Keep in mind, Zimmer has a strong track record of developing players. Hunter is a good example, struggled badly getting sacks on the college level, but he turned into an elite edge rusher under Zimmer. Not saying Kneeland will become the next Hunter who is the far better athlete, but there is hope he can turn Kneeland into a quality rusher.
Yea, just gotta hope the kid is going to work and can develop a pass rush toolkit.

Mikexike

Reaction score
RB's Everyone plus you had ranked higher, Doesn't matter cause apparently they weren't ranked higher on the Dallas board.