Draft Rumors

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/nfldraftrumormill.php

Looks like Jalen Ramsey isnt getting the love that most people on here see. when i look at his video on draft breakdown i see the same things they talk about in this writeup. They guy has good range but he plays stiff and doesnt change direction very good. Oregon made him look slow. And thats when he was playing FS.

Like what this piece says about the QBs in the draft too: "Another general manager said, "Some will go high because of need, but all may be overrated."

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think QB in round two is very much in play - I'd love to see Wentz there.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
People should get that QB dream out of your heads. This team isnt moving on from Romo any time soon. Id rather have a good backup at this point instead of a player who dallas would draft high only to sit and not help this team win.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If Wentz blows up at the Senior Bowl, he's going to vault into the mid-late first IMO. I would endorse a trade up. To me, he seems like the right fit for us.

I could totally see this. The good thing is that I think we're a prime trade-down candidate if we can find a dance partner.

bodi

Reaction score
People should get that QB dream out of your heads. This team isnt moving on from Romo any time soon. Id rather have a good backup at this point instead of a player who dallas would draft high only to sit and not help this team win.

better get some baling wire to hook up Romo's collar bone then - so how long years (COUGH, COUGH ) think he's going to play ?

sorry if I get a shot at Wentz I take it

IrishAnto

Reaction score

Who says the QB would sit.

You think Romo is not going to miss any games until he retires in 5-6 years time (according to Jerry that is)?

What happens if Romo can't play to the required level?

And who is this good backup you refer to?

RS12

Reaction score

You act like they will have a choice. His body is saying something else.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You act like they will have a choice. His body is saying something else.

So Dallas should draft another wr to replace dez? Because every yr and I mean every yr he has issues with his foot or hammy or back. Is that what ur saying?

Romo rushed back this yr because this team was still in the race for the division. That bone wasn't healed.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've said it in a couple other threads, but I think Ramsey is closer to Kenny Vacarro than Earl Thomas or even Erik Berry. He's talented, for sure. I just don't think he's elite. Not after sitting down and watching some tape.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
The fact that people realize that Romo will likely miss some time next year is even more incentive to trade for a QB instead of drafting one. Manziel is the perfect candidate. He is already playing pretty well. He has developed a little experience. He has that escapability to allow receivers to get down the field and get open which leads to big plays. He can pick up key first downs with his legs when all else fails extending drives. Put him behind this line and he will give us a chance to win the close games we have been losing. His contract is perfect as we will know what we have when Romo decides to play some golf and hang up the cleats. The added bonus is we would not have to give up a premium draft pick to trade for him. Get on the phone with Cleveland and get it done!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The fact that people realize that Romo will likely miss some time next year is even more incentive to trade for a QB instead of drafting one. Manziel is the perfect candidate. He is already playing pretty well. He has developed a little experience. He has that escapability to allow receivers to get down the field and get open which leads to big plays. He can pick up key first downs with his legs when all else fails extending drives. Put him behind this line and he will give us a chance to win the close games we have been losing. His contract is perfect as we will know what we have when Romo decides to play some golf and hang up the cleats. The added bonus is we would not have to give up a premium draft pick to trade for him. Get on the phone with Cleveland and get it done!

Think if the brown would take a 4th Manziel would be a cowboy.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'd rather have Hargreaves and let jones play Fs exclusively

My thoughts exactly. I would not mind trading down a few times if Bosa is not there. Maybe we can pick up Elliot or Jack in a trade down. Jaylon Smith would be a good pick with the injuries to Lee. My only hesitation is that there are good lbs who could had later in the draft.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I would not mind trading down a few times if Bosa is not there. Maybe we can pick up Elliot or Jack in a trade down. Jaylon Smith would be a good pick with the injuries to Lee. My only hesitation is that there are good lbs who could had later in the draft.

The biggest weakness imo on this team is cb. Hargreaves makes too much sense to me. In a trade back I can see Dallas going for Elliot or treadwell

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If we were to trade for an NFL experienced QB I'd take Mettenberger or Glennon over Manziel.