Draft Rumors

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
IMO likely with the way he plays. Thats why if Treadwell is the guy (as I said doubtful) take him because they dont have anything else close to a one. I think Josh Gordon has as a good a chance to be here as JFB by the way. Gordon when he plays is a beast.

Dallas wont touch gordon, i actually dont even think they would touch Manziel. If theres a FA QB who has the most chance to be in Dallas i think its Kaepernick

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The biggest weakness imo on this team is cb. Hargreaves makes too much sense to me. In a trade back I can see Dallas going for Elliot or treadwell

The biggest weakness on this team is safety. Otherwise all you have to do is leave Byron Jones at corner and we are gold. Moving Jones to safety and adding Hargreaves addresses both positions. That's why it makes sense. I would rather have Jones at corner though. Adding someone like Jaylon Smith in a small trade back and then getting Bush in the second would make me happy.

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas wont touch gordon, i actually dont even think they would touch Manziel. If theres a FA QB who has the most chance to be in Dallas i think its Kaepernick

Has a rep for being lazy, will want a lot of money, and if he is here, I dont see Wilson fixing him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The biggest weakness on this team is safety. Otherwise all you have to do is leave Byron Jones at corner and we are gold. Moving Jones to safety and adding Hargreaves addresses both positions. That's why it makes sense. I would rather have Jones at corner though. Adding someone like Jaylon Smith in a small trade back and then getting Bush in the second would make me happy.

Jones had already been starting at FS only reason he was moved back to CB was because Claiborne got hurt. Jones is just a better player at FS then CB

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Jones had already been starting at FS only reason he was moved back to CB was because Claiborne got hurt. Jones is just a better player at FS then CB

Jones started at FS in certain formations and packages. He was playing nickle corner and SS/LB the entire time as well.

Also, his time at FS wasn't solely due to his talent there, it was due to that being the weakest position on this team and us having two starters at corner the coaches trust.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have seen several games of Fsu and Ramsey has been outstanding, his instincts and tackling remind me of earl Thomas who also played some CB at UT.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has a rep for being lazy, will want a lot of money, and if he is here, I dont see Wilson fixing him.

Are you talking about Kaepernick?

If so, you're way off base. He is rumored to be one of the hardest working guys on the team and left a ton of money on the table to help out the 9ers with his extension. I agree about Wade Wilson though. Another legacy coach. Nothing to do with ability.

If you're not referring to Kaepernick, never mind. Carry on :)

IrishAnto

Reaction score

So unless I'm missing something there's nothing in that article that says the Brown's GM doesn't like Manziel.

Pettine acknowledged he might not be around but doesn't specify why so unless you can do better than that your just speculating.

However either way if Manziel shows enough in these last few games then he stays a Brown and if he doesn't then he's not good enough for what Dallas needs at the QB position especially with all the media circus that he would bring.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
So unless I'm missing something there's nothing in that article that says the Brown's GM doesn't like Manziel.

Pettine acknowledged he might not be around but doesn't specify why so unless you can do better than that your just speculating.

However either way if Manziel shows enough in these last few games then he stays a Brown and if he doesn't then he's not good enough for what Dallas needs at the QB position especially with all the media circus that he would bring.

A GM is never going to come right out and say he doesnt like a certain player. I think it can be inferred that is the case based on several things but what the Browns think is irrelevant to me other than It could provide an opportunity to not only add a QB that can fill in for Romo when he is out but win some of these close games we have been losing. AND possibly be the long term answer for life after Romo. AND do so without requiring a premium pick. AND be fun as hell to watch.

Get the man out of Cleveland and put him in Dallas close to his family and with the usual efforts Dallas makes with a high profile player that needs a little babysitting and this is a formula for success. IMO

IrishAnto

Reaction score
A GM is never going to come right out and say he doesnt like a certain player. I think it can be inferred that is the case based on several things but what the Browns think is irrelevant to me other than It could provide an opportunity to not only add a QB that can fill in for Romo when he is out but win some of these close games we have been losing. AND possibly be the long term answer for life after Romo. AND do so without requiring a premium pick. AND be fun as hell to watch.

Get the man out of Cleveland and put him in Dallas close to his family and with the usual efforts Dallas makes with a high profile player that needs a little babysitting and this is a formula for success. IMO

Again it's speculation on your part and as for needing a little babysitting, do you remember how well they did with Packman Jones or more recently Joseph Randle?

If I was you I'd take another look at your formula.

Dodger12

Reaction score
People should get that QB dream out of your heads. This team isnt moving on from Romo any time soon. Id rather have a good backup at this point instead of a player who dallas would draft high only to sit and not help this team win.

Why does that player have to be a FA and not a draft pick? Not sure I understand your reasoning.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Again it's speculation on your part and as for needing a little babysitting, do you remember how well they did with Packman Jones or more recently Joseph Randle?

Pacman Jones is still in the league and possibly could start for us right now. Maybe you should look at your formula. Manziel has talent and there is a reason why he was a top talent on Dallas's board. It is one thing to pass on him to grab Martin which was needed to solidify the line. There is no way Jerry passes on him again if available.

Joseph Randle is not Manziel. Not even close.

Sydla

Reaction score
Pacman Jones is still in the league and possibly could start for us right now. Maybe you should look at your formula. Manziel has talent and there is a reason why he was a top talent on Dallas's board. It is one thing to pass on him to grab Martin which was needed to solidify the line. There is no way Jerry passes on him again if available.

Joseph Randle is not Manziel. Not even close.

Not sure what this means. Seems they are pretty similar. Middling NFL talents who can control themselves off the field.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Not sure what this means. Seems they are pretty similar. Middling NFL talents who can control themselves off the field.

Manziel is already pretty good playing on a crappy team and only getting a few starts. If given a chance with the talent Dallas has on offense he can prosper.

Let's put it this way, if Manziel was cut today would he still be available in a week?.

Randle is still out there last I checked. I'm surprise you can't see the difference between the two players.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

When did we ever babysit Joseph Randle?

Pac-man cleaned up his act here and got another contract because of it. Tank Johnson, the same. Dez Bryant the first few years, bingo. Hardy the last few weeks, ding ding ding.

The Cowboys have a proven history of taking in troubled players and getting them help and seeing them perform at a high level. To insinuate the opposite is to completely ignore historical evidence.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The only reservation I have about Manziel, is if the story about him beating the **** out of his gf in his car and slamming her head against the window, are true.

Sydla

Reaction score
Manziel is already pretty good playing on a crappy team and only getting a few starts. If given a chance with the talent Dallas has on offense he can prosper.

Let's put it this way, if Manziel was cut today would he still be available in a week?.

Randle is still out there last I checked. I'm surprise you can't see the difference between the two players.

Well for one, running backs are a dime a dozen. QBs are a much higher need for most teams which is why you see guys like Matt Hasselbeck still in the league at age 40. So sure, Manziel would probably get picked up......... but not because he's any good but because teams are desperate for QBs and will take chances on a guys that might even have a glimmer of hope.

He's actually been all over the place in Cleveland. He was bad against Cincy, good in his next two games, terrible in Seattle game. He's inconsistent and he'll never be better than inconsistent.

It's amazing how people just can't let go of their love affairs with average football players.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
"He's actually been all over the place in Cleveland. He was bad against Cincy, good in his next two games, terrible in Seattle game. He's inconsistent and he'll never be better than inconsistent."

61% completion rate and 7 to 4 td to int ratio playing on a lousy team but that doesn't begin to tell the story.

Watch what he does as he gets more experience and better players around him.