Draft rumours and info

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Terrell seems be getting a lot of chatter to the Cowboys at 17.

Ewwww.

I am getting that feeling We had with Hill when hours before the 2nd round Hill’s name kept popping up more and more.
Seeing/hearing that as well.

We should be able to get an impact player at 17 and if not, be in a position to trade to a QB or OT needy team. There's only one scenario (16-variables) that could play out where I can see us being stuck at 17.

One thing I don't doubt is the Jones' ability to mess up a draft. Another thing is other teams charging us the Jerry Tax in any trade. For someone who is such a successful business man, he is absolute trash at negotiating fair trades for the Cowboys, especially in critical situations. Sure, we can get the occasional 1-year rental veteran for a 6th round pick, but when it comes to premium draft picks or premium players (Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams), teams just keeping upping the price on Jerry. We couldn't even recuperate a Day Three pick for Taco. Having Jerry for a GM means this team is never in a position of power in trade negotiations. Stephen's impact is full circle the other way, where he expects to get players for darn near free.

Terrell is better than anything we have at CB but again, 17 is too rich for him.

Sydla

Reaction score
And frankly, I don't think Jerry has any desire to move down nor have they done the legwork to set up a trade down.

He'll just sit there and wait for people to call him. AJ Terrell. That's the guy we have to have?

For poopsakes.

JBS

Reaction score
Seeing/hearing that as well.

We should be able to get an impact player at 17 and if not, be in a position to trade to a QB or OT needy team. There's only one scenario (16-variables) that could play out where I can see us being stuck at 17.

One thing I don't doubt is the Jones' ability to mess up a draft. Another thing is other teams charging us the Jerry Tax in any trade. For someone who is such a successful business man, he is absolute trash at negotiating fair trades for the Cowboys, especially in critical situations. Sure, we can get the occasional 1-year rental veteran for a 6th round pick, but when it comes to premium draft picks or premium players (Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams), teams just keeping upping the price on Jerry. We couldn't even recuperate a Day Three pick for Taco. Having Jerry for a GM means this team is never in a position of power in trade negotiations. Stephen's impact is full circle the other way, where he expects to get players for darn near free.

Terrell is better than anything we have at CB but again, 17 is too rich for him.

Yeah it seems like Terrell has surpassed Diggs as the CB they'll reach for. It's Chaisson or Terrell at 17..

Our best hope might be, if somehow Chaisson goes early..we need to pray like crazy that Terrell goes top 16..and it isn't impossible..if that happens, Jerry may be forced to move off 17

Gaede

Reaction score
And frankly, I don't think Jerry has any desire to move down nor have they done the legwork to set up a trade down.

He'll just sit there and wait for people to call him. AJ Terrell. That's the guy we have to have?

For poopsakes.

Well, maybe we will get lucky and a team will jump us to take him

cnuball21

Reaction score
Man no love for Terrell. I find it interesting how many people love Chaisson and his upside but don’t feel the same about Terrell. He’s 6’1 with fluid hips and 4.4 speed.

Like Chaisson, I don’t think he’s a top 20 talent but I think he has some of the highest upside for CBs in the class.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah it seems like Terrell has surpassed Diggs as the CB they'll reach for. It's Chaisson or Terrell at 17..

Our best hope might be, if somehow Chaisson goes early..we need to pray like crazy that Terrell goes top 16..and it isn't impossible..if that happens, Jerry may be forced to move off 17
I've come round to the fact it's one if those two guys.
It could be a hellz lot worse

Bigdog

Reaction score
Would be happy if Okudah is pushed down to where ATL can get him and we are potentially left with choice of Henderson or Chaisson
if Okudah is where Atlanta is picking we better leap frog them and pick him. At least he tackles and does not make business decisions like Henderson.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here’s something crazy: I’m starting to hear more about teams looking at running backs, with Miami, Seattle and Kansas City among those in the mix to take a swing on one of the guys in the top group. Would they do it in Round 1? We’ll see. The consensus I’ve gotten has Georgia’s D’Andre Swift as the top guy. But someone whose name keeps coming up is LSU’s Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I’ve had more than a couple guys say they’d turn on the Tigers’ tape to watch someone else, and be drawn to the diminutive but hyper-versatile back’s skill set. One team mentioned him to me as a potentially perfect sidecar to Tom Brady in Tampa. The backs could start coming off the board late in the first, or maybe with these teams dealing back into the top of the second round.

Another hot name: Alabama WR Henry Ruggs. Part of that is the outrageous speed and athleticism, which makes him the sort of weapon to fit an era in which Tyreek Hill has emerged as the No. 1 receiver for a championship team. Another is how highly Nick Saban and his staff talk about him. I had him as the second receiver to go in my mock, behind Jerry Jeudy and ahead of CeeDee Lamb. I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the first to go. And the Chiefs and Saints could just take the temperature on a very aggressive move up (I’d say that’s unlikely, but who knows?).

An interesting comp I got for Isaiah Simmons from an exec today: Vikings LB Anthony Barr. I like that one, particularly because Barr had the same rep as Simmons coming out, which is that you have to have a defined plan for him. I don’t see Simmons going to one of the Patriot-connected teams picking No. 3, 4 or 5.

• Earlier this week, I gave you Alabama S Xavier McKinney and Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray as Patriot types in the first round, along with Notre Dame TE Cole Kmet. I’ll say that I would not be surprised if they address their offensive line at No. 23, depending on how things fall.

• The Eagles’ presence at No. 21 and need at receiver could prompt some trading up from the 20s (we mentioned the Vikings as a possibility for that). And I’ve heard Justin Jefferson, Jalen Raegor and Brandon Aiyuk connected to them. But I mocked Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray to Philly, and it wouldn’t stun me if Howie Roseman takes him (or maybe K’Lavon Chaisson, should Chaisson slip), and comes back to address the receiver spot on Friday.

• Given the love out there for Murray, LSU’s Patrick Queen and Texas Tech’s Jordyn Brooks, it’ll be interesting to see if the Ravens—who’ve done a ton of work on the linebackers—move up to try and get past the Eagles, Saints or Dolphins for one. (It sounds crazy, but Queen could wind up going as early as No. 15 to Denver).

Just as the tackles could prompt movement at the top, they could do the same later in the round. The Titans have investigated a move down, but I’m told they’ve also looked at moving up from No. 29, maybe to land a right tackle like Georgia’s Isaiah Wilson (who actually went to the same high school as Dolphins coach Brian Flores, and may be in play at No. 26 if Miami decides to double up at tackle). The Packers, picking 30th, are another team that’s looking at options to go up for a tackle. I think the run on the position starts with Iowa’s Tristan Wirfs landing with the Giants at No. 4. And it may not stop until the end of Thursday night.

• I don’t think Trent Williams will get traded until Friday, and Washington does have suitors. When the deal is done, my belief now is that Williams goes for a third-round pick, with perhaps a late-round pick going back with him. All the action on the tackles could, of course, affect the market Washington has for its 10-year left tackle, who goes all the way back to Mike Shanahan’s days in D.C.

• For what it’s worth, the Raiders have done a lot of work on Utah State QB Jordan Love. And they’ve aggressively looked at trading down from No. 19 (although the move back could also result in Vegas winding up with a corner later on).

ALL THUS IS FROM ALBERT BREER, ONE OF THE VERY BEST OUT THRRE