Draft show

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
I like BB more than most here. With that being said I disagree with him worried about Thornhill’ size. And he loves Rapp and I m not all about times but it does show on film his lack of long range speed. At least from my view

Beaker42

Reaction score
I like BB more than most here. With that being said I disagree with him worried about Thornhill’ size. And he loves Rapp and I m not all about times but it does show on film his lack of long range speed. At least from my view
Rapp is a slow LB masquerading as a S.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thornhill 6-0, 205

Abram 5-11 205

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Rapp is Barry Church with better instincts, better coverage and elite short area quickness.

That’s an above average SS, and at 58 I’m all in.

Church went undrafted.

If we are drafting a box safety give me a dude day 3. Those guys aren't the hardest to find and the value isn't worth a pick in the first 2 rounds. If it were me I would look at Hooker round 3 even if it takes a small trade up to get him.

I don't see value in Rapp at 58 vs the value of Hooker somewhere in the 80's IMO. Hooker is more versatile, rangier, and has the build to play in the box or even play LB on passing downs.

At 58 you can go CB, DT, or WR if there is good value there. Someone like Isaiah Johnson at 58 and Hooker at 90 I think the Cowboys would be absolutely thrilled with and it covers them up moving into next year as well.

58 Isaiah Johnson CB Houston
90 Amani Hooker S Iowa
128 Foster Moreau TE LSU
136 Bryce Love RB Stanford
165 Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M
241 Gary Johnson LB Texas

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I’ve said similar things about Broaddus in the past almost defending him. However, this year he has turned the corner for me with his analysis; he’s been awful.

I’m not joking when I say this but I literally think he makes it up as he goes with a lot of these prospects. 95 percent of the time he just parrots Bruglar saying “Dane’s not wrong....he’s got him right...I saw the same thing.”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Rapp is Barry Church with better instincts, better coverage and elite short area quickness.

That’s an above average SS, and at 58 I’m all in.

He has good short area quickness. I’m not sure how you’re defining “elite.” There were seven other DBs that had better 3-cones (presuming that’s what you’re basing this off of) and like two other DBs that had his same time.

Barry Church ran like a 6.63 3-cone and was much bigger.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Church went undrafted.

If we are drafting a box safety give me a dude day 3. Those guys aren't the hardest to find and the value isn't worth a pick in the first 2 rounds. If it were me I would look at Hooker round 3 even if it takes a small trade up to get him.

I don't see value in Rapp at 58 vs the value of Hooker somewhere in the 80's IMO. Hooker is more versatile, rangier, and has the build to play in the box or even play LB on passing downs.

At 58 you can go CB, DT, or WR if there is good value there. Someone like Isaiah Johnson at 58 and Hooker at 90 I think the Cowboys would be absolutely thrilled with and it covers them up moving into next year as well.

58 Isaiah Johnson CB Houston
90 Amani Hooker S Iowa
128 Foster Moreau TE LSU
136 Bryce Love RB Stanford
165 Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M
241 Gary Johnson LB Texas

And looking back on his career he probably should’ve been a mid rounder. I’m saying Rapp is a much better version of Church.

I keep seeing the term “box safety” like it’s a bad thing. I’m not sure if posters are just saying every box safety can’t cover, but that isn’t the case with Rapp.

You don’t want him playing single high or guarding WRs, but he’s very effective in zone and gave up practically nothing when targeted last year.

A good box safety is exactly what we need, just one with adequate coverage ability.

I’d also read / heard that Johnsons scouting report reads lack of instincts and technique...hard pass on the 2nd.

Last edited: