Draft show

cnuball21

Reaction score
He has good short area quickness. I’m not sure how you’re defining “elite.” There were seven other DBs that had better 3-cones (presuming that’s what you’re basing this off of) and like two other DBs that had his same time.

Barry Church ran like a 6.63 3-cone and was much bigger.

He was above 75th percentile for all short area drills and in the 92nd percentile for 20 yard shuttle.

You could argue elite is a stretch, but that’s a heck of a lot better than “good.”

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
I’ve said similar things about Broaddus in the past almost defending him. However, this year he has turned the corner for me with his analysis; he’s been awful.

I’m not joking when I say this but I literally think he makes it up as he goes with a lot of these prospects. 95 percent of the time he just parrots Bruglar saying “Dane’s not wrong....he’s got him right...I saw the same thing.”
Or when he says “ but” and then says the same thing he just said ? Or when he interrupts himself ? Lol

Gaede

Reaction score
Rapp is Barry Church with better instincts, better coverage and elite short area quickness.

That’s an above average SS, and at 58 I’m all in.

That's even an understatement.

Funny how the long speed is what people are focusing on. Yeah, the forty was bad. But his short speed is excellent and we shouldn't overlook that.

Gaede

Reaction score
I’ve said similar things about Broaddus in the past almost defending him. However, this year he has turned the corner for me with his analysis; he’s been awful.

I’m not joking when I say this but I literally think he makes it up as he goes with a lot of these prospects. 95 percent of the time he just parrots Bruglar saying “Dane’s not wrong....he’s got him right...I saw the same thing.”

So true.

That being said, I enjoy listening to him during the draft. Every family has an uncle or cousin or something that is a bit of a dink and makes crap up all the time but is strangely comfortable to be around. That's Broaddus at draft time.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Or when he says “ but” and then says the same thing he just said ? Or when he interrupts himself ? Lol

The joke with him (and it’s not much of exaggeration) is he talks out both sides of his neck.

Broaddus: “I just don’t think he’s a good tackler.”

Bruglar: “I think he’s the best tackler in the draft at his position.”

Broaddus: “That’s what I’m saying though; he’s a really good tackler.”

cnuball21

Reaction score
The joke with him (and it’s not much of exaggeration) is he talks out both sides of his neck.

Broaddus: “I just don’t think he’s a good tackler.”

Bruglar: “I think he’s the best tackler in the draft at his position.”

Broaddus: “That’s what I’m saying though; he’s a really good tackler.”

Lol Broaddus is an interesting dude but I love the show.

Brugler is one of the best in the business IMO and love his perspective on players.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol Broaddus is an interesting dude but I love the show.

Brugler is one of the best in the business IMO and love his perspective on players.

Yeah, Bruglar is the best IMO. One guy I used to really like but he fell off the face of the earth (I think he took up a job in an unrelated field) was Wes Bunting.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
He was above 75th percentile for all short area drills and in the 92nd percentile for 20 yard shuttle.

You could argue elite is a stretch, but that’s a heck of a lot better than “good.”

Problem I see is if you are drafting at 58 he needs to play more than the box, and in college a lot of the plays he was barely fast enough to make the play on passes with most weak arm QB's vs what he will see in the NFL. In the NFL he is going to be a step or two too slow to make those plays. If you plan on having him only in the box you are over drafting him. Also he is 200-205 pounds is he going to be able to handle 16 games plus in the box?

If I am going to get a guy at 58 he needs to be more versatile/ explosive and IMO Rapp is not that guy. I would be much happier with Hooker in the 3rd even if we have to trade up slightly because he is more versatile and it allows us to IMO get much better value at 58 than a box safety who will give us 0 coverage help down the field.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Interesting to remember we all knew how Church didn’t have much footspeed running a 4.69 forty, but he was also 6’-1” 222 lbs.

Rapp is 5’-11.5” 208 lbs running a 4.77.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I just re-visited Nasir Adderley's tape and if there's a safety we need to make a move for it's him. He is a true FS and a big-time playmaker who plays the ball as if he is the WR. Total versatility as a DB and not scared to make the hit. Based on mocks he is going in the early 3rd round, although if he makes it to mid 2nd I'm trying to put a package together not including our 3rd to go get him. Best FS in this draft and some of the soft tissue injuries seem to have him falling. Could be the next big FS in the league, or could be the next Matt Johnson, but the guy can flat out give you what we're looking for at FS.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Problem I see is if you are drafting at 58 he needs to play more than the box, and in college a lot of the plays he was barely fast enough to make the play on passes with most weak arm QB's vs what he will see in the NFL. In the NFL he is going to be a step or two too slow to make those plays. If you plan on having him only in the box you are over drafting him. Also he is 200-205 pounds is he going to be able to handle 16 games plus in the box?

If I am going to get a guy at 58 he needs to be more versatile/ explosive and IMO Rapp is not that guy. I would be much happier with Hooker in the 3rd even if we have to trade up slightly because he is more versatile and it allows us to IMO get much better value at 58 than a box safety who will give us 0 coverage help down the field.

To me it’s just dependent on scheme for him. If you’re going to have him playing single high and covering TEs / WRs in man, than no, he’s not a good match.

If you’re looking for him to play closer to the LOS, blitz and cover in short zones? Great fit.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I just re-visited Nasir Adderley's tape and if there's a safety we need to make a move for it's him. He is a true FS and a big-time playmaker who plays the ball as if he is the WR. Total versatility as a DB and not scared to make the hit. Based on mocks he is going in the early 3rd round, although if he makes it to mid 2nd I'm trying to put a package together not including our 3rd to go get him. Best FS in this draft and some of the soft tissue injuries seem to have him falling. Could be the next big FS in the league, or could be the next Matt Johnson, but the guy can flat out give you what we're looking for at FS.

Adderly is a stud but doesn’t get a lot of media attention.

I think he’s arguably the best FS in the draft but I honestly don’t know where he’ll get drafted. Could be bottom if 1st, could be bottom of 3rd.

Carson

Reaction score

I think he’s arguably the best FS in the draft but I honestly don’t know where he’ll get drafted. Could be bottom if 1st, could be bottom of 3rd.

Agreed.

When the safeties start flying off the board late first, early second he will go. I don’t see him lasting until 58

cowboyec

Reaction score
Id LOVE to get Nasir Adderly....tremendous player.
plus...he's kin to Herb Adderly...one of the all-time greats.
heckuva bloodline.
was surprised he wasn't a 30 visit...they must think he won't be any where near them.
if he falls near 58 tho...Id jump all over that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some media have (or had) him as the #1 Safety.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Some media have (or had) him as the #1 Safety.

Hands down the best S in this class. The dude is a baller and if there is a S I'm going after it's him and no other S. He is a true playmaking FS, and that what we have been looking for although I think Woods is as well but not at the level of Adderley.

Having Woods and Adderley on the field during pass down would be huge for this team in the back end.