Draft thoughts

bpfred

Reaction score
Some of my draft thoughts:

I would trade all of what's left of Dallas' 2019 picks to get Jeffery Simmons. I don't think there is any chance Dallas will do that.

This front office has built an incredible amount of credibility with me when it comes to drafting. To the point that I would be fine with anybody they pick. I think they do a better job than I would.

I like a lot of the players they've brought in, or worked out for visits. And a few they haven't.

One player they've brought in that I would like to have on the team:
Emmanuel Hall - He's the closest player in the draft to Amari Cooper in terms of size, speed, and cutting ability. He doesn't have all that great of hands, he's been injury prone, and he needs some polishing with his routes. But, imo, this is the kind of receiver that could have more success with Dak Prescott than a receiver that doesn't get as much separation, but wins 50/50 balls. He can get deep as well as any receiver in the draft.

My favorite RB in the draft: Henderson from Memphis. He got over 1300 yards rushing this year AFTER contact. I doubt the Cowboys draft him--he's not as well rounded as some of the other RBs, but he can really run with the ball.

One of my favorite mid round CBs: Sheffield from Ohio State. 5'11", and maybe the fastest player in the draft. He doesn't have the length some of the other CBs do, so he doesn't fit Richard's preferences, but 3 years from now, he may be the best CB in the draft. I doubt the Cowboys draft him either, but I sure would. He reminds me in some ways of Orlando Scandrick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
2.Taylor Rapp,S-Washington
3.Jace Sternberger,TE-Texas A&M
4.David Montgomery,RB-Iowa St
4.Trysten Hill,DT-Ucf
5.Charles Omenihu,DE-Texas
7.Stanley Morgan,WR-Nebraska

DBOY3141

Reaction score
2.Taylor Rapp,S-Washington
3.Jace Sternberger,TE-Texas A&M
4.David Montgomery,RB-Iowa St
4.Trysten Hill,DT-Ucf
5.Charles Omenihu,DE-Texas
7.Stanley Morgan,WR-Nebraska
Would love to see Montgomery in Dallas. Solid football player...better person. Good draft.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Would love to see Montgomery in Dallas. Solid football player...better person. Good draft.
I really want Jaylon Ferguson but I don't think he'll make it to 58.
I think we'll have a shot at one of those S's.
I love Montgomery.
I was gonna go Anthony Nelson,DE-Iowa at 90...but Jace Sternberger showed up at the church where I work last week...Im taking that as a sign.
Stanley Morgan is one of my favorites.
I hate not having a CB mocked...oh well.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I really want Jaylon Ferguson but I don't think he'll make it to 58.
I think we'll have a shot at one of those S's.
I love Montgomery.
I was gonna go Anthony Nelson,DE-Iowa at 90...but Jace Sternberger showed up at the church where I work last week...Im taking that as a sign.
Stanley Morgan is one of my favorites.
I hate not having a CB mocked...oh well.
No juicy tidbits from Jace on how much the Cowboys have talked to him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
didn't get a chance to...wasn't the right setting.
seems like a cool dude tho.
bigger in person too.