Draft will bring new topics to talk

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I can tell you now people will complain about their “cats” not being drafted or how we suck because the Cowboys didn’t follow big boards or mock drafts lol.
^This, and of course the "We didn't fill all of our needs!" comments will be coming from every direction. Well yeah, the reality is that if we come away with 3 starters we'll have had a very good draft.

Some peeps overlook the part where 31 other teams are trying to get better also.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
^This, and of course the "We didn't fill all of our needs!" comments will be coming from every direction. Well yeah, the reality is that if we come away with 3 starters we'll have had a very good draft.

Some peeps overlook the part where 31 other teams are trying to get better also.
Yep. We pretty much know the story we've seen it the last few years here lol.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I really don't think we're drafting a RB in day 1 or 2. I'm guessing OL and WR in the first two rounds. In no particular order. I have no idea who they are drafting in the 3rd round. I say that because we have no idea who will fall to the 3rd round. Me personally, I think they should move up using our 3rd round pick to go from 55 to 41 and get a better player. At best we're getting two solid starters in the draft. Might as well make it count. The rest are just going to be UFAs.

The need at LB DT and RB are far greater than WR . It’s time for Jalen Tolbert to do something now that Gallup is gone and he’s # 3 by default .

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
we need to draft a DT and TE in the first two rounds.
I was thinking a Hall of Fame bound RB for round 1 who doesn't need any blocking at all....and of course wonder who the TE will be this year in the 2nd round. But seriously, OL needs to be a priority....those defenders aren't gonna fall to the ground themselves.

Flamma

Reaction score
The need at LB DT and RB are far greater than WR . It’s time for Jalen Tolbert to do something now that Gallup is gone and he’s # 3 by default .
I agree RB is a greater need. But that doesn't mean any of them are worth a 3rd round pick. I see no stand outs.

rambo2

Reaction score
If the Cowboys take Brooks it will be they don't know what they are doing, they drafted a hurt player. If another team takes Brooks, it will be they don't know what they are doing, they let another team get him.

Aven8

Reaction score
It will be interesting when we hear Stephen say we wanted a back but the draft just didn’t fall that way. Leaving us with Deuce and Rico……… :(

rambo2

Reaction score
It will be interesting when we hear Stephen say we wanted a back but the draft just didn’t fall that way. Leaving us with Deuce and Rico……… :(
I doubt that we will hear that. Especially if they trade back from 24.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Deuce is a gadget . Not going to touch the ball maybe once or twice per game if he even is on the game day roster .

RonWashington

Reaction score
You’ve got Lamb Cooks Tolbert plus Durden they seem to like . OL LB DT & RB in any particular order

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I really don't think we're drafting a RB in day 1 or 2. I'm guessing OL and WR in the first two rounds. In no particular order. I have no idea who they are drafting in the 3rd round. I say that because we have no idea who will fall to the 3rd round. Me personally, I think they should move up using our 3rd round pick to go from 55 to 41 and get a better player. At best we're getting two solid starters in the draft. Might as well make it count. The rest are just going to be UFAs.
Zimmer is going to get thrown a bone, so OL/DL would not be a shocker back to back in either order.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
you think these fans want to talk about anything else?

It’s all about negativity but hey I guess 28 years can damage some beyond repair
Every one of our 2024 draft picks will fill immediate roles, even our UDFAs will be plugging holes.