Drastic times call for drastic measures!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
This may seem like a bold and knee jerk reaction, but I think Jerry should fire Wade today and hire Jason Garrett as the new head coach. Here are my top five reasons.

The loss to the Giants - Wade blew it. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari and for whatever reason the car ran great in test runs leading up the big race. But then in the actual race that counts the car wasn't tuned properly and it sputtered around the track to a last place finish.

The Future - If we keep a 60+ Wade and let a 41 year old Garrett leave we have nothing set up for the future of the Dallas Cowboys. Wade could flop again next season and then where are we?

Tony Romo - It's much more important to me that the QB play stays on a high level and Garrett is coming off a season where his QB broke all kinds of records. Meanwhile Wade comes off a season where his defense was average with all kinds of first round draft picks on it.

Their personas - Wade is the 'aw shucks' guy who sometimes seems a little lost. Garrett seems like he is focused 100% of the time and is a 24/7 football guy. This team was very good this season with the laid back approach, but next season they may need a stronger hand in leading them.

Offense vs Defense - What unit was better this season? The offense for whatever reason wasn't as good towards the end, but they were the better unit for the majority of the season. Wade's defense was not what we were expecting and I doubt there will be a lot of changes as far the personnel on that side of the football so why would it be better next season? We all know Wade had a very small part in what the offense was doing and it was Garrett's baby.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wades defense got us the ball back twice in crunch time. Golden boy couldnt get the ball into the end zone.

Really you should retitle this to Wade sucks or something more appropriate to the content.

superpunk

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907194 said:
Their personas - Wade is the 'aw shucks' guy who sometimes seems a little lost. Garrett seems like he is focused 100% of the time and is a 24/7 football guy. This team was very good this season with the laid back approach, but next season they may need a stronger hand in leading them.

I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on what the Cowboys needed to do with regards to Parcells at the end of last season.

:eek:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907194 said:
This may seem like a bold and knee jerk reaction, but I think Jerry should fire Wade today and hire Jason Garrett as the new head coach. Here are my top five reasons.

The loss to the Giants - Wade blew it. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari and for whatever reason the car ran great in test runs leading up the big race. But then in the actual race that counts the car wasn't tuned properly and it sputtered around the track to a last place finish.
totally clueless, how does wade get blame for a offense that was structured by garrett?

The Future - If we keep a 60+ Wade and let a 41 year old Garrett leave we have nothing set up for the future of the Dallas Cowboys. Wade could flop again next season and then where are we?
well if the offense flops, whos fault is it? the HC who handles the defense? or the OC who handles the offense?

Offense vs Defense - What unit was better this season? The offense for whatever reason wasn't as good towards the end, but they were the better unit for the majority of the season. Wade's defense was not what we were expecting and I doubt there will be a lot of changes as far the personnel on that side of the football so why would it be better next season? We all know Wade had a very small part in what the offense was doing and it was Garrett's baby.
lol you're saying wade had little to do with the offense, but wasnt it the offense that lost the game for the cowboys? the giants scored on their first drive of the qnd half, and never sniffed another chance to score. you mean to tell me the offense couldnt score 4 points in basically an entire half? who's realy to blame?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907194 said:
This may seem like a bold and knee jerk reaction...

The only thing I agreed with.

The defense improved markedly more than the offense did - it has been shown over and over. The offense went from a top five offense to a top three offense; meanwhile, the defense went from middle-of-the-road in multiple categories (sacks and turnovers being two notable ones) to one of the top 10 in the league.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907197 said:
Wades defense got us the ball back twice in crunch time. Golden boy couldnt get the ball into the end zone.

Really you should retitle this to Wade sucks or something more appropriate to the content.

Agreed.

The defense did what it was supposed to do to help the team win.

They did it if 2x like Fuzzy said. How many yards did the D allow in the 2nd half? 59? Wow!

The offense just couldn't get it together for whatever reason.

I was not to thrilled w/ the play calling last Sunday. That's not a knock on JG. He is still learning. Still......:confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Fourth in the league to second in the league with Romo full time = Genius Irreplaceable Head Coach.

ETex

Reaction score
Can someone do me a big favor and come up w/alittle emoticon for knee-jerk?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
ETex;1907219 said:
Can someone do me a big favor and come up w/alittle emoticon for knee-jerk?

I like this:

knee_pain_dyn.jpg
jerk-burgundy.gif

ETex

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907197 said:

This is what really gets me. The defense came up big in the 4th qtr. and gave the offense what 40yds to play in the NFCCG. The line choked. The playcalling was suspect. What was up with the delay in getting the plays off all year? Really showed up in this game.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
So we are ok with Garrett leaving now?

As for Wade's defense - They gave up the drive that lost this game.

The one right before halftime.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1907212 said:
Fourth in the league to second in the league with Romo full time = Genius Irreplaceable Head Coach.

You know thats an interesting view. We had Bledsoe for 6.5 games last year. Considering that you could make a case that we did better last year when Romo was playing.

If Garrett leaves we are going to be fine as long as we get someone competent in there.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1907207 said:
The only thing I agreed with.

The defense improved markedly more than the offense did - it has been shown over and over. The offense went from a top five offense to a top three offense; meanwhile, the defense went from middle-of-the-road in multiple categories (sacks and turnovers being two notable ones) to one of the top 10 in the league.

The offense was bad vs the Eagles - Romo was hurt.

They were ok in Carolina, 17 points at the half and T.O. was missing

Skins game - preseason game.

The offense was ok against the Giants, it was the penalties and drops that killed the team and that goes to the players not being focused.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
totally clueless, how does wade get blame for a offense that was structured by garrett?

Where does the defense escape blame?l

well if the offense flops, whos fault is it? the HC who handles the defense? or the OC who handles the offense?

How did the offense flop? The players flopped with stupid mistakes. The offense as a unit had three impressive drives with Garrett running the show. The defense came up with no turnovers.

lol you're saying wade had little to do with the offense, but wasnt it the offense that lost the game for the cowboys? the giants scored on their first drive of the qnd half, and never sniffed another chance to score. you mean to tell me the offense couldnt score 4 points in basically an entire half? who's realy to blame?

So we are just fogetting the drive that lost the game before halftime?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907257 said:
So we are ok with Garrett leaving now?

As for Wade's defense - They gave up the drive that lost this game.

The one right before halftime.
That did not lose the game. We had many more opportunites in the second half to extend or retake the lead.

If we had lost 7-0 and only allowed a td in the second quarter would you say the same thing?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Listen, if Garrett wasn't being courted here I wound not get rid of Wade.

But to keep Garrett I will get rid of Wade.

I also don't really want to see Wade having to coach with Garrett as the O cord and having this 'he's the coach when you leave' thing hanging over Wade's head. I can't see Wade thriving in that situation.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907276 said:

How did the offense flop? The players flopped with stupid mistakes. The offense as a unit had three impressive drives with Garrett running the show. The defense came up with no turnovers.

No were not but youre obviously not using the same standards for Garrett that you are using for Wade.

If the defense screws up you are all over Wade but if its the offesne then its the players?

Garrett has not called a good game in a month and some of the gaffes by the players is on him as well.

In fairness to Wade it was Reeves and Williams giving up those receptions at the end of the half and an upgrade in talent would help a lot there as well but the endo fthe day Wade was unable to scheme around those guys even with the nickel look he tried this year and lots of soft zone.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907276 said:

Are you drunk?