Drastic times call for drastic measures!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907287 said:
No were not but youre obviously not using the same standards for Garrett that you are using for Wade.

If the defense screws up you are all over Wade but if its the offesne then its the players?

Garrett has not called a good game in a month and some of the gaffes by the players is on him as well.

In fairness to Wade it was Reeves and Williams giving up those receptions at the end of the half and an upgrade in talent would help a lot there as well but the endo fthe day Wade was unable to scheme around those guys even with the nickel look he tried this year and lots of soft zone.

Why would they have the same standards when one is the head coach?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theebs;1907290 said:
Who declared it drastic times?

That was what I was thinking! Let's at least give Wade another year...he says he know the team now and that changes will be made. Let's wait and see because it is not "drastic" at all. Of course, we could go out and recruit the great HOF Joe Gibbs, right?

If Garrett leaves, then he leaves. I have no clue who will replace him, however, it could turn out alright with the talent this team has.

I'm just pissed at Crayton (the best hands on the team guy)...

Perhaps it's time for Jerry to step up as the head coach? :confused:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcfanatic;1907329 said:

Dude! The head coach did not make Crayton miss those passes, or Reeves to facemask! Just a play here and there and the game is different.

Let's see what Wade can do in his 2nd season and if he tanks like a 6 - 10 team, then it's drastic.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907341 said:
1990 - Last time the #1 seed didn't win a playoff game.
In the NFC

The 1996 13-3 Denver Broncos were bounced by the Jaguars in the divisional playoffs. They even had a late season swoon.

Care to venture what they did the next year?

(here's a hint: They didn't fire their coach)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907329 said:

because youre saying we should fire one to replace the other as HC.

I think its pretty much official. Garrett is the most overrated coach in the NFL.

He doesnt suck but his playcalling has sucked for more than a month and he hasnt learned the nuances of managing a game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907335 said:
No. Are you a comedian?

Let me answer for you.

No, you're not.
Your post was almost wholly incomprehensible. Maybe you just have problems communicating your thoughts.

utrunner07

Reaction score
lol, losses and coaching issues always bring about the best in everyone :)

lets just forget about the coaching staff until Garrett makes up his mind, and in the mean time go back to hating on the Quitter!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1907344 said:
Dude! The head coach did not make Crayton miss those passes, or Reeves to facemask! Just a play here and there and the game is different.

Let's see what Wade can do in his 2nd season and if he tanks like a 6 - 10 team, then it's drastic.

Like I said. I would be all for that...

If Garrett wasn't leaving for Baltimore.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1907351 said:
In the NFC

The 1996 13-3 Denver Broncos were bounced by the Jaguars in the divisional playoffs. They even had a late season swoon.

Care to venture what they did the next year?

(here's a hint: They didn't fire their coach)

Did they have Garrett getting ready to leave for Baltimore?

No.

Is Shanahan stilll there?

Yes.

Think big picture.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907353 said:
because youre saying we should fire one to replace the other as HC.

I think its pretty much official. Garrett is the most overrated coach in the NFL.

He doesnt suck but his playcalling has sucked for more than a month and he hasnt learned the nuances of managing a game.

Ok, so here's #6 --

Upside - Garrett can learn from his errors and become a more refined head coach. Wade is who he is and I can't see him changing anything about his style.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Please drastic times call for drastic measures. What drastic time. I hate we lost and I feel bad for the coaches and players who worked their butts off all off season and training camp to get ready for this season and now to see them crucified is no fun. As for Wade and his easy attitude it seemed to work better with this team than the no non-sense approach that Parcells brought with him. I don't think now is the time to panic I think this team can build off this disappointing loss and hopefully Jerry does not resort to knee jerk reaction that could put this team right back to the bottom.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1907356 said:
Your post was almost wholly incomprehensible. Maybe you just have problems communicating your thoughts.

It was Latins response with my comments.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907372 said:
1995 - the last year the Cowboys were a number one seed.

R U SERIOUSLY COMPARING THIS TEAM TO A SB WINNER???

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcfanatic;1907373 said:
Like I said. I would be all for that...

If Garrett wasn't leaving for Baltimore.

Well, I like Garrett and think he has a wonderful future, but what happens if Jerry fires Wade in his 1st year, promotes Garrett and he goes, say 9 - 7 next year and misses the playoffs? Does Jerry fire him also?

Jerry cannot fire a HC after his first year because if he makes it a pattern of donig that he's going to end up with no coach wanting to come to Dallas!