Drastic times call for drastic measures!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907379 said:
Ok, so here's #6 --

Upside - Garrett can learn from his errors and become a more refined head coach. Wade is who he is and I can't see him changing anything about his style.

If hes still learning then hes not ready. So we should fire the head coach after a season in which most pundits had us at 9-7 to replace him with a guy that might be good sometime down the road?

Sorry thats just dumb.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907387 said:
R U SERIOUSLY COMPARING THIS TEAM TO A SB WINNER???

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

we havent had a team this good in 12 years and you want to fire the HC. thats what im saying.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907384 said:
It was Latins response with my comments.
quote.gif

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907381 said:
Please drastic times call for drastic measures. What drastic time. I hate we lost and I feel bad for the coaches and players who worked their butts off all off season and training camp to get ready for this season and now to see them crucified is no fun. As for Wade and his easy attitude it seemed to work better with this team than the no non-sense approach that Parcells brought with him. I don't think now is the time to panic I think this team can build off this disappointing loss and hopefully Jerry does not resort to knee jerk reaction that could put this team right back to the bottom.

You think Wade is still here if he doens't win the Super Bowl next season?

Come on now.

Then we lost Garrett who has made sure Romo progressed and we need to start over then.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
You can really only get mad at the defense for letting NY score right before the half.

Other than that, if you remember correctly, they had to defend on a real short field because the OFFENSE made boneheaded mistakes deep in our own end.

The offense did come up with those 2 big drives, but the game was ours to lose in the 2nd half. When your defense gives you 2 shots to win the game, there's not much else to say but the Offense blew it.

Aikman covered the 2 out of 3 rule (ST, Offense, Defense). Most coaches stress this at any level of play. We played horribly on ST, and our Offense was outdone by NY.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907398 said:
we havent had a team this good in 12 years and you want to fire the HC. thats what im saying.

:clap2: :clap2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907409 said:
Did it pick up both of the responses?

No.

Just give it up.
Pick up both of the responses? What are you talking about?

You have the communication skills of a 3rd grader.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcfanatic;1907414 said:
Right over your head.

I want to keep Garrett at whatever cost.

Maybe Jerry does too...;) Money is not the issue here, it's what Garrett wants...not what you, me, or Jerry want.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907414 said:
Right over your head.

I want to keep Garrett at whatever cost.

Youre the one thats missing the point. We are saying that we think that keeping Garrett 'at whatever cost'' is not a good ideaconsidering this is the best team weve had in over a decade. head coaches generally improve in their second year.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907389 said:
If hes still learning then hes not ready. So we should fire the head coach after a season in which most pundits had us at 9-7 to replace him with a guy that might be good sometime down the road?

Sorry thats just dumb.

You sound like Wade throwing out the record as proof that the team is better with him as head coach.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907405 said:
You think Wade is still here if he doens't win the Super Bowl next season?

Come on now.

Then we lost Garrett who has made sure Romo progressed and we need to start over then.

I think that depends on how the team progresses. I don't think it is SB or fired that is fan BS. Face it there are many damn good coaches who have failed to reach the SB in their 1st or 2nd season as the HC but their teams retain them because they are good coaches and the teams are better because they are in place.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1907412 said:
Pick up both of the responses? What are you talking about?

You have the communication skills of a 3rd grader.

Why are you still posting about this?

You are acting like a 2nd grader, just let it go that you didn't understand one of my posts already. What is this a Cowboyszone features posting quiz?

Give it a rest.

ETex

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907427 said:
You sound like Wade throwing out the record as proof that the team is better with him as head coach.

THIS TEAM IS BETTER WITH HIM AS HEAD COACH!!!!!!! (emphasis added)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

9-7 vs 13-3??????

You give the guy 1 friggn' year to win a superbowl? :banghead:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907427 said:

Maybe he has a point....

You sound like Chicken Little that freaks out at the first sign of adversity. Lets just ignore the most success weve had in 12 years and make stupid reactionary decisions....

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907424 said:
Youre the one thats missing the point. We are saying that we think that keeping Garrett 'at whatever cost'' is not a good ideaconsidering this is the best team weve had in over a decade. head coaches generally improve in their second year.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

How is this team any better than least seasons team?

A home loss after being the #1 seed is worse to me than losing on the road on a fluke play as the #6 seed.

13 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins, 10 wins, 9 wins...

It's all the same when the playoffs begin if you're there.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907430 said:
I think that depends on how the team progresses. I don't think it is SB or fired that is fan BS. Face it there are many damn good coaches who have failed to reach the SB in their 1st or 2nd season as the HC but their teams retain them because they are good coaches and the teams are better because they are in place.

LOL. Wade is gone if he doesn't win the SB next season.

If you deny that your naive.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907438 said:
How is this team any better than least seasons team?

A home loss after being the #1 seed is worse to me than losing on the road on a fluke play as the #6 seed.

13 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins, 10 wins, 9 wins...

It's all the same when the playoffs begin if you're there.

becasue we won 4 more games than last season.....

i could get into how making evaluations based on small sample sizes is asinine but that should be self evident.