Dream: Pick one player (not QB) from any team that makes us an instant contender

blueblood70

Reaction score
Most impactful and immediate contender would be CMC.
Smartest choice based on age / productivity is Sewell
Disagree he didn't win anything in Carolina and welp, who lost that SB NOT WON it/? no rb is that impactful. a 7th round rb won it b2b years think hard on than. Who did that rams have not great one..? did that NE team have truly big name rb in any of their sb victories? you have to go back to 90s to find truly impactful Rbs in SBS..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great choice. Top 3 GM in NFL along with Rams Les Snead, and TB’s Jason Licht.
so you said players and no qb we have people saying qb and now gms?? no one reads rules anymore..

mine is go back in time machine and recreat Emmitt smith and that OL..bring it into 2024..yup lets do it!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Christian McCaffrey

But in reality nothing can save us when Dak gets this look

xjea7totzyuj7nubsdyz.jpg

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
You say not quarterback, because you know that’s the position that we need to get over the hump. If this team has Malhomes, it’s Super Bowl bound year after year.

Havic

Reaction score
Disagree he didn't win anything in Carolina and welp, who lost that SB NOT WON it/? no rb is that impactful. a 7th round rb won it b2b years think hard on than. Who did that rams have not great one..? did that NE team have truly big name rb in any of their sb victories? you have to go back to 90s to find truly impactful Rbs in SBS..

It’s not a matter of if he won anything in Carolina. Most impactful player for this team imo would have been him. Maybe the greenbay game turns out different if we can run and take pressure off dak. Also would have kept the defense on the field less to be exploited. Even with Aaron Donald in his prime, still would have lost based off the offenses performance

Chasing6

Reaction score
so you said players and no qb we have people saying qb and now gms?? no one reads rules anymore..

mine is go back in time machine and recreat Emmitt smith and that OL..bring it into 2024..yup lets do it!!!
Can't forget moose in that equation.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s not a matter of if he won anything in Carolina. Most impactful player for this team imo would have been him. Maybe the greenbay game turns out different if we can run and take pressure off dak. Also would have kept the defense on the field less to be exploited. Even with Aaron Donald in his prime, still would have lost based off the offenses performance
Do we believe that Pollard could not run through holes, and CMC would be great with no holes?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nobody but QB could turn this team into a true contender.
While having an Elite QB certainly would help ,it’s not a fix all in one swoop. There was several Elite QB’s this season who didn’t win a championship.

The Cowboys culture is a core issue along with our lack of and talent weaknesses.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Chris Jones is that one area that's been sorely needed for a long time. That interior D line has to be the choice at this point.
2016 NFL Draft

Pick #34 - Jaylon Smith - Dallas
Pick #37 - Chris Jones - KC

I was so mad when we picked Jaylon over Jones during that draft. Not because I knew how good or dominant that Jones would be but because we picked a guy that had a major injury and would have to sit out the 1st year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
While having an Elite QB certainly would help ,it’s not a fix all in one swoop. There was several Elite QB’s this season who didn’t win a championship.

The Cowboys culture is a core issue along with our lack of and talent weaknesses.
Yes the culture is a problem but you have to take out the trash first.

Big_D

Reaction score
2016 NFL Draft

I was so mad when we picked Jaylon over Jones during that draft. Not because I knew how good or dominant that Jones would be but because we picked a guy that had a major injury and would have to sit out the 1st year.

Even if you don't draft Jones. Taking Smith in that spot is a joke. Typical Jerry Jones right there with that move after going RB at 4 which was another foolish move.

MikeT22

Reaction score
2016 NFL Draft

That’s Jerry the risk-taker (idiot) thinking he is outsmarting everyone getting 2 top 10 picks that year after Jaylons redshirt year. Just like with Randy ‘a suspension waiting to happen’ Gregory.