Dream: Pick one player (not QB) from any team that makes us an instant contender

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t believe we are one player away.

I don’t even think we are a Mahomes away. Might get us closer.

Can we trade for a new owner and or GM?
I believe we are an owner or GM away.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that Christian Mac is great. With all respect to you guys though, without a huge upgrade in the beast positions- DT, LB and OL, skill position guys won’t help us enough IMO.
There you go. We need all three of those. One isnt changing things. Its doable with some clever hard work...and luck.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rule was you can’t pick a QB. And just pick one in the end.
He's just sharing his thoughts.....lol

I think it'll take more than one, but if it's just one, I'm probably picking Joey Bosa....this would allow Parsons to play sideline to sideline as LB. Jones, Watt or the other Bosa would accomplish the same.

Creeper

Reaction score
There isn't one player that puts this team over the top. They need at least 2 on defense and 2 on offense.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Don't know about making this team an instant contender but definitely an immediate upgrade at a position of need and someone who won't break the bank.

Marlon Humphrey

Honorary mention...barring injury, this guy is going to be a stud.

Mohamoud Diabate

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No position change but 1 truly makes a team
Dream Scenario: Pick one player from any team (NOT A QB) that by adding that player makes us an instant contender and WHY? (This is just for fun…I know some of the guys below are under contract with other teams. Just having fun here)

For me, I would consider three players as candidates before making my final choice.
  • Candidate 1: Chiefs DT Chris Jones. First team All Pro. He represents everything we need on defense - a completely disruptive force on the LOS for defending the run and capable of also pressuring the QB. Offensive coordinators would immediately have to game plan for this guy and all he could do to disrupt their offensive game plan.
  • Candidate 2: Niners LB Fred Warner. A two time first team All Pro, Warner can do it all. An athletic LB big enough to stuff the run while also outstanding in coverage. He’s a physical monster who brings the wood every play.
  • Candidate 3: Lions OT Penai Sewell. A first team All Pro last year and still just 23 with huge upside. An excellent run blocker as well as pass blocker, he has already been a force on the lions excellent offense.
MY FINAL CHOICE: Chris Jones. As I stated above, he’s almost everything this defense desperately needs to finally be able to stop the run and control the LOS. And…he’s a FA.

Sadly, I doubt we have a chance, but he is exactly what this team needs most.
Who would you choose and WHY?
You’re way too smart to suggest that an OT makes any team an instant contender.

Sewell was a part of 3 whole wins before Goff showed up and actually changed things.

There’s only 1 position that can take a team from nothing to instant contenders and we’re not allowed to pick for that position.

So I’ll go with Fred Warner because he’s the best at what were the worst at on defense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZEKE :thumbup:....:muttley: ... J/K

Warner or Greenlaw at LB.
That is what we need the most and to be an impact difference maker.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Warner. As noted, he can stuff the run, so he fills two problem areas - run stopping and pass coverage. Jones is great, and no doubt would be a huge help, but he'll be 30 in July, and you never know when older players will drop off in performance. Warner's 2 years younger, and LB'ers like him are hard to find...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No position change but 1 truly makes a team

You’re way too smart to suggest that an OT makes any team an instant contender.

Sewell was a part of 3 whole wins before Goff showed up and actually changed things.

There’s only 1 position that can take a team from nothing to instant contenders and we’re not allowed to pick for that position.

So I’ll go with Fred Warner because he’s the best at what were the worst at on defense.
You’re right MC that one player won’t make us an instant contender. I was just curious what position fans would prioritize (besides QB knowing JJ isn’t changing that) as the most important to make us better. I probably didn’t word it clear enough.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Can Chris Jones or Fred Warner make Dak clutch in the playoffs? If so pay them whatever it takes so bring them here. If not, we're still not contenders.