Dream: Pick one player (not QB) from any team that makes us an instant contender

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There isn't one. Not that isn't a QB.
Other than QB, there isn't ONE player who could make a big an impact and propel this team to be a legitimate contender for the SB.... Even with Chris Jones, you would still need another DT and some LBs and RBs..... obviously the QB has to be Mahomes-like....and you still need some defense.

Really this team is a boatload of players needed to get to that level.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re crazy if you don’t think Mahomes or Chris Jones takes this team to the next level
Next level is what?

A divisional round, championship game,a SB appearance or winning it all???

I said it would take us further… but all the way?

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
I’m seeing that the Chargers might release Khalil Mack. I’d love to see him wearing the Star.

Nexx

Reaction score
Can Chris Jones or Fred Warner make Dak clutch in the playoffs? If so pay them whatever it takes so bring them here. If not, we're still not contenders.
yeah that's the unfortunate part. our defense would literally have to keep teams under 15 points a game to have a chance in the playoffs with Dak at QB.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think trenches is where we are weak and it would need more than one but agree with most posters , Chris Jones probably will have most impact( or Donald) .

But wouldn’t mind CMC or a clone like that, that guy is a tough , heady player who maximizes his opportunities and a weapon.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nobody can fix this crap. Maybe an asteroid would be the only thing that could fix this crap.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
tencommandmentscover.0.png
"Ten Times I have given Jerry the answer" Ten times Jerry has not listened...Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense-Defense................You won't live by the defense!!!!! Then....Die by the defense!!!!!! 38 point's given up by the defense against GB. We died.....:facepalm:

nobody

Reaction score
There isn't a single player alive that isn't a QB that could make us an instant contender because our QB will choke in the playoffs. So the entire thread premise is flawed. Then you have the culture problem and the players deciding not to give a rat's butt in the playoffs. One player isn't going to change that.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Outside of a QB there isn't one. It's all window dressing until Mr Oopsie is gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
Since you mentioned Fred already i'll add Christian McCaffrey. The Cowboys were mostly a 1 trick pony on offense and while CD is pretty dam good he needs a little help to keep defenses off balance.
With a coaching staff that either dunno how to scheme their RBs into the pass game
..or does not care much for involving their RBs into the pass game...good luck on CMC.

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had any consistent running attack at all then they would have made it to the conference game with a very good chance of a championship.

In 2016 you saw what a good running game could do for the passing game as well as the defense. A runnin gattack keeps the defenses guessing and it keeps the opponent offense on the bench. And what if that RB was a great option in the passing attack as well?

This obviously means I would select McCaffrey.

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
No players are fixing the mess in Dallas. The only prayer of a fix is Jerry and his son retiring and staying away completely, but we know that’s not happening so all we can do is keep enjoying the long 28 (and counting) year old clown show

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’re crazy if you don’t think Mahomes or Chris Jones takes this team to the next level
I suppose Chris Jones' greatest asset to the team would be that veteran presence which would, in games where we're down early, help the defense to make a stand against the run allowing Dak more time to regain composure (or not to feel as if he needs to create something he's comfortable in doing).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had any consistent running attack at all then they would have made it to the conference game with a very good chance of a championship.

In 2016 you saw what a good running game could do for the passing game as well as the defense. A runnin gattack keeps the defenses guessing and it keeps the opponent offense on the bench. And what if that RB was a great option in the passing attack as well?

This obviously means I would select McCaffrey.
Yep. Our problems emanate from our inability to come back from a deficit. In games we go behind, two things happen: teams run on us and take away our run game forcing Dak out of his comfort zone and goad him into beating them with his arm (Jimmie Ward quote ....again).
Chris Jones and a multi function /allround RB would take us up a level.

Jarntt

Reaction score
If the "rule" is you can't say Mahomes or one of the other elite QBs there is no one offensive player that makes us a SB contender. Our secondary with health and resigning Gilmore if we do should be good enough. So it's a dominant DT that stops both the run and the pass or a tackling machine LBer. If the questions is for one year I probably go Chris Jones. If it's for the rest of his career I probably go Warner.