Drew Henson

Chuck 54

Reaction score
rojan said:
I read this on another board and had to post it cuz it made so much sence

I am amazed by the absolute stuppidity and lack of knowlege displayed by fans who are bashing Henson because his rythm and timing are off.

It shows the absolute lack of knowlege you all have regarding training methods and the time it takes to finish the product. Parcells said he viewed Henson as a 3 year project himself.

Rather than go into sports scienece and physiology disertation...I will make this simple for you couch fed fans who have no idea how overload training works.

First analogy. Go to the gym and lift for 2 hours using real heavy weights ...do upper body like crazy for 2 hours. ok there is your overload, now go shoot hoops. If anyone has ever done this suddenly their shot is flat or compltely off.

Henson has just completed one of the most intense off season conditioning programs of his life. His body was overloaded and needs to adjust while he additionaly threw over 6000 passes to improve his throwing mechanics. (by the way the magical number is 5000 repetitions of a movement will make it your natural body movement) All those throws have overloaded his arm, similar to lifting heavy and going to shoot hoops. Of course his timing is off, his throws are off. He is adjusting.

Henson will be fine by the end of training camp. And will be in the mix for QB of the future, he is smart and talented & has all the time to learn under Bledsoe now. Henson will be just fine, keep things in perspective.
Sorry...that's the biggest load of garbage I've seen since QC apologists went underground...this guy is clearly a Henson apologist.

1. To suggest that his offseason workload makes it impossible for him to now do his job is bull...like the Dallas Cowboys organization would run a guy into the ground not knowing or caring what it does to him...this is garbage. And to suggest that now he'll actually be getting a rest for his arm during training camp and recoop???

2. This is also not a case of saying that in year number 2, Henson should be ready for the starting position...but is it too much to ask that in year 2 he beat out a freakin' bum like Tony Romo for the #2 position??? With the investment and the desire for Henson to be the saviour, all he has to do is be in the same ball park with Romo and he'll be given the nod...so that 3 year crap isn't going to cut it if he loses the #2 spot, which I for one don't see happening.

I mean no offense, but the entire tone of the original poster's remarks, which I know you were simply reposting, was condescending to fans everywhere, like he knows something we don't know and the experts don't know. WE'll be listening to excuses for Henson by his fans until he's gone or until he actually becomes a quality starter winning games, but there are no excuses this year good enough for me to accept that he shouldn't handily beat out Tony Romo.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
rojan said:
I read this on another board and had to post it cuz it made so much sence

I am amazed by the absolute stuppidity and lack of knowlege displayed by fans who are bashing Henson because his rythm and timing are off.

It shows the absolute lack of knowlege you all have regarding training methods and the time it takes to finish the product. Parcells said he viewed Henson as a 3 year project himself.

Rather than go into sports scienece and physiology disertation...I will make this simple for you couch fed fans who have no idea how overload training works.

First analogy. Go to the gym and lift for 2 hours using real heavy weights ...do upper body like crazy for 2 hours. ok there is your overload, now go shoot hoops. If anyone has ever done this suddenly their shot is flat or compltely off.

Henson has just completed one of the most intense off season conditioning programs of his life. His body was overloaded and needs to adjust while he additionaly threw over 6000 passes to improve his throwing mechanics. (by the way the magical number is 5000 repetitions of a movement will make it your natural body movement) All those throws have overloaded his arm, similar to lifting heavy and going to shoot hoops. Of course his timing is off, his throws are off. He is adjusting.

Henson will be fine by the end of training camp. And will be in the mix for QB of the future, he is smart and talented & has all the time to learn under Bledsoe now. Henson will be just fine, keep things in perspective.

:lmao2:

What twit wrote this?

This is as homeristic and elementry as these Henson jock-riders get. Nothing but excuses here. I'm amazed at how stupid some of these guys really are.

"Of course his timing is off, his throws are off. He is adjusting" .... get frickin' real.

Baseless homerism.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Sorry...that's the biggest load of garbage I've seen since QC apologists went underground...this guy is clearly a Henson apologist.

1. To suggest that his offseason workload makes it impossible for him to now do his job is bull...like the Dallas Cowboys organization would run a guy into the ground not knowing or caring what it does to him...this is garbage. And to suggest that now he'll actually be getting a rest for his arm during training camp and recoop???

2. This is also not a case of saying that in year number 2, Henson should be ready for the starting position...but is it too much to ask that in year 2 he beat out a freakin' bum like Tony Romo for the #2 position??? With the investment and the desire for Henson to be the saviour, all he has to do is be in the same ball park with Romo and he'll be given the nod...so that 3 year crap isn't going to cut it if he loses the #2 spot, which I for one don't see happening.

I mean no offense, but the entire tone of the original poster's remarks, which I know you were simply reposting, was condescending to fans everywhere, like he knows something we don't know and the experts don't know. WE'll be listening to excuses for Henson by his fans until he's gone or until he actually becomes a quality starter winning games, but there are no excuses this year good enough for me to accept that he shouldn't handily beat out Tony Romo.

I couldn't agree more, Wayne.

cml750

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The Wiley signing was an act of desperation. Not playing Henson last year was just plain stupid.

I couldn't agree more!!!!