Drew Pearson on Dak Prescott: 'Romo will do even better'

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with Pearson. I love what Dak is doing and I think Dak is the future of this franchise but when Romo is ready I think he is the QB and I think Romo will be able to do a lot more with this offense. However as Pearson said, Romo has to go out and show he is better and can still play at a very high level.

Animosity

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to be exactly like the Saints. Overpaid, washed up QB. No one has explained why Romo should come back and remain the starter. There is absolutely no reason for this to happen. None whatsoever. Romo is clearly done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to be exactly like the Saints. Overpaid, washed up QB. No one has explained why Romo should come back and remain the starter. There is absolutely no reason for this to happen. None whatsoever. Romo is clearly done.

No that is your opinion that Romo is washed up. Pearson is not suggesting that Romo come back in and resume the job regardless. Romo will have to come in and play at a high level as he has before if he can great that makes this team that much better and if not then you put in Dak and move on.

erod

Reaction score
The first time Pearson has agreed with this organization.

If Dak excels these next two games he's a made man in my books!

I would then sit Romo down and try to get a first rounder for him.

Dak is running half the playbook against subpar defenses. Romo opens up the offense completely.

Dak's time will come. But you'd better hope Romo can stay upright, or this is going to be a 7-9 or worse kind of season.

Animosity

Reaction score
No that is your opinion that Romo is washed up. Pearson is not suggesting that Romo come back in and resume the job regardless. Romo will have to come in and play at a high level as he has before if he can great that makes this team that much better and if not then you put in Dak and move on.

I agree with this. But if we are winning with Dak and he is playing at a high level by the time Romo is healthy enough to play, why in the world should they insert Romo back in as the starter? If thats the case, Dak should remain the starter. Go with the young QB. How much more can Romo go? If the last two years are any indication, I would say... hes toast.

erod

Reaction score

Actually, everybody has explained it. It's pretty simple if you understand football.

Romo is VASTLY better than Dak right now from a comprehensive understanding perspective. Not even Dak would debate that.

Animosity

Reaction score
Actually, everybody has explained it. It's pretty simple if you understand football.

Romo is VASTLY better than Dak right now from a comprehensive understanding perspective. Not even Dak would debate that.

According to what? Last year, Romo did nothing. This year, Romo has done nothing. Its a 'what have you done for me lately' league. You think anyone is saying Peyton Manning is better than what the Broncos currently have right now cause Manning was a good QB years ago before his body fell apart? I am going with Dak.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think it's a question of Romo doing better.

It's about Romo whether or not Romo will be rusty, the ability for Tony to stay healthy and the possible impact that will have on Dak if Romo comes back and gets injured again.

YR

erod

Reaction score
According to what? Last year, Romo did nothing. This year, Romo has done nothing. Its a 'what have you done for me lately' league. You think anyone is saying Peyton Manning is better than what the Broncos currently have right now cause Manning was a good QB years ago before his body fell apart? I am going with Dak.

According to every coach in the National Football League, every general manager, and everyone who knows football.

Dak is doing fine. But he's doing nothing close to the things Romo has done. Until Tony shows he doesn't have it anymore, he's the guy. Period.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with this. But if we are winning with Dak and he is playing at a high level by the time Romo is healthy enough to play, why in the world should they insert Romo back in as the starter? If thats the case, Dak should remain the starter. Go with the young QB. How much more can Romo go? If the last two years are any indication, I would say... hes toast.

If Romo is showing he is the better QB then you put him in because it is best for the team. I like Dak I think he is the future of this organization but Romo playing at his best is one of the best QB in the league so it fall on Romo to go out and perform to a high level. Asking how much more can Romo go is a question that can only be answered by what he does on the field not hypotheticals.
Let me just add I put no one player above the franchise, Romo will have to be able to come back and produce

Animosity

Reaction score
According to every coach in the National Football League, every general manager, and everyone who knows football.

Dak is doing fine. But he's doing nothing close to the things Romo has done. Until Tony shows he doesn't have it anymore, he's the guy. Period.

He hasnt shown he has it in two years. Well, he hasnt had it ever

If you want to continue going with the old guy that hasnt won anything in 10+ years, then fine. Some of us want to rebuild now and give Dak all the experience he can get.

more years of playoff futility, here we come.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Until I see Dak down 3 scores and able to come back, I wont think we're "set"

Well, given that he's making about $500k a year, we should be able to put an all-pro defense together in short order with that salary cap flexibility, so maybe Dak will never have to come back from 3 scores? I mean, sure, the organization has virtually wasted Romo's entire career with their incompetence but that doesn't mean they need to do the same with Dak, does it? Maybe they can actually put a defense together for this QB.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

Romo needs to show that he can stay on the field, just like any other aging player, if he can't, then he will be replaced just like any other aging player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think it's a question of Romo doing better.

It's about Romo whether or not Romo will be rusty, the ability for Tony to stay healthy and the possible impact that will have on Dak if Romo comes back and gets injured again.

YR

If Romo comes back and is playing great and then suffers an injury then Dak is back behind center but I certainly do think it is a question of Romo doing better. After all a team should be playing the best player not who is the latest fan favorite. I'm not saying that mockingly after all I love what I am seeing out of Dak but if someone told me right now that Romo could come back and kick this offense into a higher gear then I put Romo in. Tony will get a chance to show it and I think Dak has done enough that should Romo not play to a high level that Garrett would pull the trigger on making the QB change

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Clearly Romo is a better QB, but you guys speak like Romo's health is a certainty when he gets back.

Dak being a starter is an inevitability. Using last year as a reference, there's a good chance Romo will get injured again before the season's end.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

So...if we put Romo in.....somehow we lose Dak? How does that work?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the PERFECT situation.

Romo comes back and plays until he can't. When he's done, Dak will be there.
"Until he can't" might be up for a debate at some point in the years to come.