Drew Pearson on Dak Prescott: 'Romo will do even better'

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Actually, everybody has explained it. It's pretty simple if you understand football.

Romo is VASTLY better than Dak right now from a comprehensive understanding perspective. Not even Dak would debate that.

I think Romo would be killing the formations the D's are lining up against Dak.

And I do think the offense should be turned over to a healthy Romo. The inevitable question is going to be how much rope do you give Romo if he has a bad game?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clearly Romo is a better QB, but you guys speak like Romo's health is a certainty when he gets back.

Dak being a starter is an inevitability. Using last year as a reference, there's a good chance Romo will get injured again before the season's end.

No Romo health is not a certainty and yes he could suffer another injury always a possibility. However if he is showing he is can still play at a high level then he will be back on the field until he can't or until he suffers an injury. I don't think you will find many people who do not feel that Dak is the future

erod

Reaction score
He hasnt shown he has it in two years. Well, he hasnt had it ever

If you want to continue going with the old guy that hasnt won anything in 10+ years, then fine. Some of us want to rebuild now and give Dak all the experience he can get.

more years of playoff futility, here we come.

Romo would have DESTROYED the defensive fronts Dak has seen. The Cowboys would have scored 40+ points every game so far.

Teams don't do that to QBs the level of Romo. It's suicide.

You simply don't know the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I had to guess, Romo gets this year and next. After that, we move on.

I think that is true only if he is playing at a high level. I don't think it is Romo job no matter what. My personal feelings is I want Romo back and playing to a high standard and helping this team win games but if for some reason he can't get back to that level of play then he should be replaced. Team has to come 1st over any individual

erod

Reaction score
Romo needs to show that he can stay on the field, just like any other aging player, if he can't, then he will be replaced just like any other aging player.

And that's the beauty of this. No longer do we have to hold our breath every time he gets hit. It's not Romo or bust anymore. If he gets hurt, we turn the page to the future, and watch the future learn the ropes.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think that is true only if he is playing at a high level. I don't think it is Romo job no matter what. My personal feelings is I want Romo back and playing to a high standard and helping this team win games but if for some reason he can't get back to that level of play then he should be replaced. Team has to come 1st over any individual

I'd agree with this. That's me assuming he steps in and plays well. If not, all bets are off.

Gameover

Reaction score
Romo would have DESTROYED the defensive fronts Dak has seen. The Cowboys would have scored 40+ points every game so far.
Sure

Not against the Giants or Skins.

Williams doesn't fumble, you nearly get your 40.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Teams don't do that to QBs the level of Romo. It's suicide.

You simply don't know the game.

I would like to think that that is true but I think Romo will be facing a lot of blitzes when he returns as teams will be testing him. if Cowboys can provide the protection and Romo is not hanging himself out to dry as he has on some of the plays that have led to his injuries then yes I think he can play quality ball and help this team to the greater extent.

erod

Reaction score
I would like to think that that is true but I think Romo will be facing a lot of blitzes when he returns as teams will be testing him. if Cowboys can provide the protection and Romo is not hanging himself out to dry as he has on some of the plays that have led to his injuries then yes I think he can play quality ball and help this team to the greater extent.

I'm assuming health, of course. But he'd torch those fronts because he can audible assignments at the line of scrimmage. All Dak can do is kill a play to a run or pass, and maybe change a route. Romo can literally design an entire play at the line of scrimmage. A rookie can't do that for several years.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Stunned even one person has suggested that a quarterback with only one passing touchdown in three games replace Tony Romo...
That is a giant oversimplification of his play and anyone who watched the games knows it. Romo should be the QB when he comes back, but fans trying to pick their proverbial corner by unjustly bashing one or the other is ridiculous.