Drew Pearson on Dak Prescott: 'Romo will do even better'

Gameover

Reaction score
If you play in this league long enough, you're going to have games like that. Dak will have his share of bad games as his career unfolds. To expect anything else is silliness.
Nobody does it more than #9

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Drew Pearson is the same person that said he'd trade any Cowboy, other than Herschel Walker, for Tony Mandarich, and that we should've taken Mandarich instead of Aikman. So, I don't put much stock in his opinon. That being said, I agree with him. As long as they keep Dak a pocket passer, then Romo will get his job back, since Romo can do that at an elite level when healthy. However, if we start incorporating Dak's mobility into the gameplan, and teams have to game plan to account for Dak's mobility, and we're winning, then Tony won't get his job back since he can't do that. If we're winning based on Dak's mobility, then that becomes our identity. And, we will not change our identity just to get Romo back under Center. In 2014, when it was obvious Romo was rusty and couldn't carry the team, we became a run first team and started winning. That became our identity. Once Romo got healthy, and shook off the rust, we maintained our identity and continued to be a run first team. If we start winning based on Dak's mobility, then that will be our identity and the team will not alter their identity and Romo goes to the bench. If we're winning with Dak being primarily a pocket passer, then that will be our identity, and Romo can do that at an elite level, so Romo will get his job back. It's as simple as that. So, in the coming weeks, don't focus on just winning, also focus on HOW we're winning. That will tell you what our identity is, and we won't change our identity... even for Romo.
You remember 2014 differently than I do. Especially late 2014 when our rushing efficiency started to wane but Romo and Co kept on trucking.

Gameover

Reaction score
I've seen Romo blow a 27-6 lead.
27-3 lead, I was off a little

Look at that pitiful throw @ 3:02

Sorry if posting YouTube is against the rules. Totally gave a dead team life. I got more...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
27-3 lead, I was off a little

Look at that pitiful throw @ 3:02

Sorry if posting YouTube is against the rules. Totally gave a dead team life. I got more...

Now post all the times he's brought the team back from a deficit or all the times he's made opposing players look silly.

*cough* Watt *cough*

Let's see which group vastly outnumbers the other.

Then go list some QBs that haven't thrown multiple interceptions in a game a few times in their careers.

Then get back to us. We'll be waiting.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Romo is and should be the better player. My only concern is, coming off an injury and presumably not being able to do much strength work over the past month, what will his overall condition be like in terms of strength and timing.

marchetta

Reaction score
Pardon me for asking but what if just what if Romo comes in and plays worse than Dak? How long do you stick with him?
Because the fans aren't going to be nice to him dissension on the team will begin you know how it goes
Then it goes back to what Parcells said/did with Romo vs Bledsoe. Once you make that change, you better be sure, because you can NEVER go back.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to be exactly like the Saints. Overpaid, washed up QB. No one has explained why Romo should come back and remain the starter. There is absolutely no reason for this to happen. None whatsoever. Romo is clearly done.

The only player on that team that makes them go. Without Brees that team is one of the worst in NFL easily.

Your right Romo is done just like Brees is done - in the reaches of your imagination!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
That is a giant oversimplification of his play and anyone who watched the games knows it. Romo should be the QB when he comes back, but fans trying to pick their proverbial corner by unjustly bashing one or the other is ridiculous.

It's bashing him to suggest that he only has 1 passing touchdown in three games? Really?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If Romo comes back and is playing great and then suffers an injury then Dak is back behind center but I certainly do think it is a question of Romo doing better. After all a team should be playing the best player not who is the latest fan favorite. I'm not saying that mockingly after all I love what I am seeing out of Dak but if someone told me right now that Romo could come back and kick this offense into a higher gear then I put Romo in. Tony will get a chance to show it and I think Dak has done enough that should Romo not play to a high level that Garrett would pull the trigger on making the QB change

If Romo comes back that means he will be taking the reps and that may disturb Dak's progress. I just think that if Dak continues to play like this...and that's still a big 'if' because Washington and Chicago are not great defenses....but if he continues to play like this than I'm not very interested in Romo playing QB.

YR

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Well, duh.
There's no doubt that Romo is a FAR better QB than Prescott is right now. Nobody will argue that.

Maybe they didn't because of their banged up 2ndary, but I expected Chicago to blitz more. When they did, Dak mostly handled it well. I think part of it was also Dak's mobility.

If/When Romo returns, there is no doubt that teams will take the risk and blitz him hard. Is Romo still mobile enough to avoid big shots and/or is he durable enough to take a big shot and NOT get hurt?