Drew Pearson on Dak Prescott: 'Romo will do even better'

Gameover

Reaction score
Really? What was Weeden's excuse, then? Or Cassel's?

They played on the same team but couldn't win.
Dak has no excuses.. He's just won(and will continua to win)

Weeden had a couple of hard luck losses and Cassel's a complete bum who never should've been on the field.

csirl

Reaction score
Romo has hardly played in two years, can't do a full weeks practice even when 'fit' and looked below par when he was on the field last year.

Todays Romo is a long way off his best and will not be the Romo everyone remembers. If he is, it will be one of the biggest medical miracles in history.

Will be a mistake to replace Dak with Romo. Sanchez may even be a better #2. Not something people like to hear about a great athlete and nice guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And if I was going to call anyone grotesquely ignorant I'd begin with Jerry and our front office for much of the last 20 years . Maybe their embarrassment to our franchise has attracted some of these fans your referring to.

I really hope we don't begin to see more of these type of insults even when they are indirectly targeted because this QB controversy however silly some might think it is will just grow .

It's a nice problem to have but on a fan forum setting like this will need to be more closely monitored so we all can continue discussions and perceptions in a respectful manner.

Unfortunately , Ive seen how these issues can go south quickly and if this type of behavior is going to be allowed will open up for nastier confrontations . Romo had been a sensitive subject for a long time and some struggle handling the criticism.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Micheal Irvin said it best. Let Dak play the whole season now, he'll be Russell Wilson, let him sit and learn behind Romo, he'll be Aaron Rogers.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And if I was going to call anyone grotesquely ignorant I'd begin with Jerry and our front office for much of the last 20 years . Maybe their embarrassment to our franchise has attracted some of these fans your referring to.

I really hope we don't begin to see more of these type of insults even when they are indirectly targeted because this QB controversy however silly some might think it is will just grow .

It's a nice problem to have but on a fan forum setting like this will need to be more closely monitored so we all can continue discussions and perceptions in a respectful manner.

Unfortunately , Ive seen how these issues can go south quickly and if this type of behavior is going to be allowed will open up for nastier confrontations . Romo had been a sensitive subject for a long time and some struggle handling the criticism.
The divisiveness exists because of "Dak-offs"... newcomers with a few hundred posts and a Dak avatar who can't just be happy that we have a backup who can help win, they have to use it as a veil for their lame Romo hate. Even if there were such things as "Romo fans", they would all be avid Dak fans because how does it help Romo to come back to an 0-6 or worse team?
Hopefully when Dak marches back to the bench in a few weeks it will be a pat on the back for a job well done and all of the Dak-offs will crawl back under the rock they came from.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The divisiveness exists because of "Dak-offs"... newcomers with a few hundred posts and a Dak avatar who can't just be happy that we have a backup who can help win, they have to use it as a veil for their lame Romo hate. Even if there were such things as "Romo fans", they would all be avid Dak fans because how does it help Romo to come back to an 0-6 or worse team?
Hopefully when Dak marches back to the bench in a few weeks it will be a pat on the back for a job well done and all of the Dak-offs will crawl back under the rock they came from.
Lol.. another indirect insult . Y'all can continue to take the low road . I'll take the high road thank you very much.

And at my pace I'll of passed you with only a couple thousand post before the season is over most likely. Kinda tough for me to place much confidence with anyone with a Jerry avatar. Lol

For the record I'm in support of bringing Romo back when he's healthy .

Last edited:

csirl

Reaction score
Just think, we were a freak practice rep away from having Kellen Moore start the season.

Donhyphen

Reaction score
Yea we're about to have an issue here with homey calling people Dakoffs. If this is allowed look out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just think, we were a freak practice rep away from having Kellen Moore start the season.

We don't know that, Dak got noticed because of his play in pre season and Moore was injured before we played a single pre season game. Players still have to produce and if they don't they don't stay out there long.

erod

Reaction score
singlehandedly? You Romoites are good for a laugh at least.

The Cowboys are a talented team(offense), Romo has been lucky to be surrounded by such a talented cast.

He ran for his life for years. That's why he's in the condition he's in.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
You remember 2014 differently than I do. Especially late 2014 when our rushing efficiency started to wane but Romo and Co kept on trucking.
didn't they hang almost half a hundred on the 'Skins in the season finale?

Gabe

Reaction score
Romo has hardly played in two years, can't do a full weeks practice even when 'fit' and looked below par when he was on the field last year.

Todays Romo is a long way off his best and will not be the Romo everyone remembers. If he is, it will be one of the biggest medical miracles in history.

Will be a mistake to replace Dak with Romo. Sanchez may even be a better #2. Not something people like to hear about a great athlete and nice guy.
This is so dead on. In the preseason, a fit Romo looked atrocious from appearances. Looked way over the hill and during his limited play you could see he looked like he was running in quicksand, less mobile, less zip on the ball... It is NOT going to be pretty if/when he comes back.

If he does see the field again, it is going to get ugly fast. My main question, let's say Dak is doing great... Why concede this year and destroy all the excitement and momentum just for the sake of letting Romo try to do what he hasnt been able to do in 13 years? This isn't Romo in his prime either... This is way over the hill Romo with yet another injury under his belt. There comes a time when as a leader you have to say enough is enough... That time is clearly now.

I do not want any more 2-14 seasons. I also hope Romo will be able walk away from the game of football.

erod

Reaction score
We have a fan base which is broader than most teams made up of fans who have flocked to us from all parts of the country and the world. Even many of the local fanbase are wagon fans only interested when we're playing well.

To many of these fans Romo represents an era without much success and if that lack of success is going to continue then why not usher in some new blood who is creating some excitement.

I wouldn't be so hard on some of these. It's been a disappointing and frustrating era. Dak is creating some excitement among the fan base much like Romo did 10 years ago. They see a new era being put together and it is exciting.

Sometimes it's difficult seeing when one era is ending and another beginning . Not everyone is as attached to this current era . Knowing when to let go can even be difficult for the more polished expert .

Who has confidence that Jerry will know when that is? Or if he'll be influenced by other agendas or factors? There's much to take into consideration. Its not as clear cut as with a team and QB who have been to or won championships .

I think you're overcomplicating the uncomplicated.

This isn't RG3 versus Cousins, or Brees versus Rivers. This is Farve versus Rodgers or Peyton versus Luck.

One guy is about to hang it up, while the other guy is just getting started. This will solve itself. Play Romo, until he proves he's done or gets hurt. The transition will take place in a game or two years. Either way, it will turn out the way it should.

Eddie

Reaction score
The question isn't if Romo's the better QB when he's healthy ... it's how long he can stay healthy.

Gameover

Reaction score
He ran for his life for years. That's why he's in the condition he's in.
Poor baby!

Wrong as hell btw. How is Big Ben still walking then? Talk about a guy who was beaten up and running for his life while winning SB! Romoites act as if Romo is the only QB who faces hardships.

Last edited:

es22

Reaction score
Great to see the excitement behind Dak. Love the way he plays as well as his composure/leadership. The games vs Cincy and Green Bay will be telling as the schedule gets tougher. If we end up 3-3, it will be easy to go with Romo, but if we get to 5-1, it will be difficult to sit Dak.

Since our D is bad, I believe Romo slinging the ball would give us the best chance to win in 2016. His chemistry with the offence is still there and the team will get a boost when he comes back. If he struggles, you can put Dak in or set up the future with Dak and Elliott.

Either way, our future is good.

drawandstrike

Reaction score

Romo took this team to 12-4 and the playoffs just 2 seasons ago when he had good blocking and a great running game to assist him. I understand why it happened, but taking DeMarco out of our backfield & putting McFadden back there to block ended up getting Romo's collarbone broken.

Romo had this team at 2-0 when he got hurt the first time.

People forget the only reason this team went 8-8 in those seasons since 2006 instead of 1-15 is Romo. Guy is a winner. People who want to toss him aside at this point disgust me.