Twitter: DT help coming in the draft

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas has 10 picks. They need to use them to move up as needed.

If they land 3-4 impactful players, that is a HAUL in the draft.
They have 10 picks but I don't care about any of those picks after the 5th round. If they want to move up with a 6th rounder than I'm all for it.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sure hope you are correct, Amigo. I think he will make a huge impact immediately.

conner01

Reaction score
James Washington at 50 would still fit exactly what the team needs and with the current set of WRs, not drafting one is certainly fine.
Like Washington but the fear of 31 teams knowing you want a WR is him not being there
There are a few I like in this draft so I’m sure one will be there
The other issue is trading up
I’d love the player but hate giving up an extra top 3 pick and if he goes where most predict you may have to part with 50
If he’s there at 19 though I’m all over it

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t think it will happen because it will take their 2nd round pick and I doubt they are willing to give that much up for a DT. I can see them having a what if strategy in place if he drops to 15 or 16 and they can go up with a 3rd or multiple late round picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Would you trade our fourth rounder to go up and get the next Fletcher Cox?

No. Because no one knows if he's the next Fletcher Cox.

Im not against the pick. My stance is....if I'm trading up why wouldn't I do it for some of the more premier talent in the draft?

conner01

Reaction score
No. Because no one knows if he's the next Fletcher Cox.

Im not against the pick. My stance is....if I'm trading up why wouldn't I do it for some of the more premier talent in the draft?
It’s a stretch to compare him to cox but I think he could really help this team
My problem would be the cost in picks

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s a stretch to compare him to cox but I think he could really help this team
My problem would be the cost in picks

Yeah I like the player myself. Nothing against Vea. If I'm trading a 3rd to move up......I need better value. Where do we see this guy going? Most mocks have him going in the 15 to 19 range to us. I'm not trading a 3rd to move up a few spots. Or a 4th.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Well Jerry did say he hopes to get the top player at a position of need. Defensive tackle might not be a top 3 need but Vea is hands down the top DT in this years class and a top 20 talent. I don’t see us trading up for him though. If he makes it to 19 then I’m more confident we will take him then I was a couple weeks ago.

jday

Reaction score
For what it's worth. Sometimes this guy is tied in.

giphy.gif

erod

Reaction score
Yeah I like the player myself. Nothing against Vea. If I'm trading a 3rd to move up......I need better value. Where do we see this guy going? Most mocks have him going in the 15 to 19 range to us. I'm not trading a 3rd to move up a few spots. Or a 4th.
Most mocks I've seen have him between 10-15.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Love the pick
Hate the cost of moving up
At 19 or even close I’m all over it

Totally agree. I think they sit tight and see if a top 12 player like Derwin James, Roqoan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds drops into the 15 - 17 range. I could see moving up then, but if not you have a very good shot at 19 getting a guy like Calvin Ridley, Isaiah Wynn, Leighton Vander Esch or Vita Vea. Its almost certain one of those four will be sitting there.

And this draft has a ton of RB rated in the 2nd and 3rd round, no doubt a good one will drop to our pick in the 4th to be a solid backup to Zeke. Trading away even our 4th takes away a RB that would probably be a solid 3rd rounder in most drafts.

erod

Reaction score
I think he will go 10-15 as well. I like him a lot but if Derwin, Minkah and Tremaind are all available, do you still take Vita if you get a chance to move up?

Derwin and Minkah will be long gone by 10 or 11.

Roquan Smith could very well be there since he was medically red flagged.