Twitter: DT help coming in the draft

conner01

Reaction score
Totally agree. I think they sit tight and see if a top 12 player like Derwin James, Roqoan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds drops into the 15 - 17 range. I could see moving up then, but if not you have a very good shot at 19 getting a guy like Calvin Ridley, Isaiah Wynn, Leighton Vander Esch or Vita Vea. Its almost certain one of those four will be sitting there.

And this draft has a ton of RB rated in the 2nd and 3rd round, no doubt a good one will drop to our pick in the 4th to be a solid backup to Zeke. Trading away even our 4th takes away a RB that would probably be a solid 3rd rounder in most drafts.
I’d love to work a deal in this draft to add another second
Really like who’s gonna be there in the second a lot
Maybe a starting quality guard or safety
This second rnd is pretty good

reddyuta

Reaction score
Would you trade our fourth rounder to go up and get the next Fletcher Cox?

Vea is no way close to Fletcher Cox who is lighting quick.Vea has one move and that is bull rush which he does very well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Love the pick
Hate the cost of moving up
At 19 or even close I’m all over it

Knowing what you know now, would you have moved up for Zach?

The let's never move up isn't always right. Sometimes you have to go get play makers.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I like the player myself. Nothing against Vea. If I'm trading a 3rd to move up......I need better value. Where do we see this guy going? Most mocks have him going in the 15 to 19 range to us. I'm not trading a 3rd to move up a few spots. Or a 4th.
Probably in that range
I just hate trading picks unless they are 4th or lower really
The 3rd rnd could be our starting guard or safety
Love the player and if we were set at more positions I wouldn’t mind so much
But we don’t have a starting LG, we are thin at safety and LB. who knows what’s happening with dez so we may need a WR
Just so costly to go get him unless he is really close and then you got to think he could fall all the way to 19

conner01

Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, would you have moved up for Zach?

The let's never move up isn't always right. Sometimes you have to go get play makers.
I agree
But moving up to get a piece you need is one thing, and moving up when you have 4 or so needed pieces is another
If we were set at WR and knew what was happening with dez. If we had a true starting LG, is we had hitch still, it would be much easier to justify
Love the player though

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of trading picks but for a DT which has basically been ignored early in the draft, I'm all for it. Just to see what type of impact he can have on this D? I'm hoping they can make this happen, but I don't believe it will!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
As it stands, if you believe Walter's mock, Roquan Smith will be a Cowboy at 19.

Some here would be over the top with that pick.

But.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/images/fball/cowboysb_logo.gif Dallas Cowboys: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
image: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Georgia_logo.gif

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Georgia_logo.gif
Tony Pauline has reported that Roquan Smith has been medically red flagged, so he has dropped about 10 spots in a recent mock draft update. It's unclear how serious the injury is, but we saw Reuben Foster fall for similar reasons last year.

Still, Smith is a great enough prospect that the Cowboys could consider him at this juncture. Their defense falls apart whenever Sean Lee gets hurt, so having Smith on the roster would prevent that from happening.

So, this team has needs and needs them now. The question I have is this. All you folks politicking for Smith, what was your opinion of Dallas taking Jaylon Smith in the second with his injury problems?

I cannot find what the injury is. Maybe someone can help.

But there are a lot of people here wanting Smith and the injury thing concerns me. This team cannot keep red shirting premium picks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
For what it's worth. Sometimes this guy is tied in.

we sure are looking at alot of receivers for me to totally believe this.
Id LOVE a straight up ***-kicker at DT like VV...but look at that official 30 list...a TON of wide-outs.
Hope it is a DT or LB.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
For what it's worth. Sometimes this guy is tied in.

I hope we don't have to move up... if we do, I hope it doesn't cost us more than our 5th... or 4th... but it'll likely cost us at minimum our 3rd.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Would probably take your 2nd and both 4ths to do it because you'd have to move up to #9 to have a solid chance of getting him. I wouldn't let him reach the Raiders or Dolphins.

conner01

Reaction score
Even if we don't get Vita, we can get Da Ron Payne. He can make a difference as well.
I may be in the minority but I’m not impressed with Payne myself
I’ve watched a lot of his games and just don’t see first rnd myself
I actually like settle more but 19 is too high for him and don’t see him falling to 50

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get him and give the picks this guy has Doomsday all over him!

Johnny23

Reaction score
That was more embarrassing to than the 2010 week 17 win against Philly.
We still would have taken Tron. staph it. We weren't close to getting Cam. We passed on JJ Watt to get a franchise LT.

the issue is trading up for Mo and not Fletcher Cox the following year.

Aven8

Reaction score
It just moved!!

I heard on the Fan today also that the Cowboys love Vea! Been my number one target since the season ended. I just thought we would never get him. I'm fine giving up a pick to get this dude. He would make Dlaw, Collins, and Irving into stars!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We still would have taken Tron. staph it. We weren't close to getting Cam. We passed on JJ Watt to get a franchise LT.

the issue is trading up for Mo and not Fletcher Cox the following year.
I'm talking about the win itself. In 2010 we were at least down to our 3rd string QB and playing like crap.