DT John Ridgeway

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree. I think Ridgeway may not be a SPARQ champion but he seems like a lunch pail guy that will bring it and fight every play. Love this pick.
The lunch pail guy phrase gives me nightmares are the 2011 draft where people wanted to take crappy OT's like Gabe Carimi over Tyron because they were "lunch pail guys"

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bohanna is going to be an interesting watch. He and Ridgeway in college were two completely different players. Bohanna was a space eater in college, and wasn't really expected to make plays on the ball carrier. His production looks bad, but thats also because he was a 360 lbs DT who's sole job was to occupy two blockers. I think the idea when he dropped down to 325ish was to be a more traditional NFL 1T. I doubt losing that weight he was as strong as he could be in 2021, and he could come into camp a much stronger player.
I think the best thing going for him is work ethic. Shows alot that he lost all that weight. He's not a lazy loser like trysten Hill so I'm betting on Bohanna

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Those mocking him in the 3rd and 4th were probably considering the amount of talent in the average draft class. But this wasn't the average draft class. It was deeper, especially with mid-round talent.

I think Ridgeway takes some time, too. But he can likely find a role here.
Travis Jones didn't go until the 3rd after projecting late first - early second by the media. NT types tend to fall in the draft.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Travis Jones didn't go until the 3rd after projecting late first - early second by the media. NT types tend to fall in the draft.
I think NFL probably dont see alot of pass rush potential in Jones and do in Jordan Davis

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Well, you don't expect a 5th rounder to be an All Pro, you need backups and besides, no team has Pro Bowlers top to bottom, if he's just average that's true of every team...

If he can just be average his first year, which I think he can be, that is a win.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I actually think Jones may end up being a better player.. So, no matter where he went, I think he's likely a better value, especially given Davis' draft position to Jones'.

kskboys

Reaction score
There is probably a place in the rotation for both players with Urban gone. Both players fit the Red Bryant 4i size wise that Urban played last year
Red Bryant is exactly who I was thinking of!!! I think Paul Solai might be a closer comparison fit, though.