DT Khalen Saunders

Beaker42

Reaction score
short, short arms, and 324lbs. I dont understand why people hope for players opposite of what the team uses.

Who am I?
Height - 6 ft 0 3⁄4 in (1.85 m)
Weight - 285 lb (129 kg)
Arm length - 32 5⁄8 in (0.83 m)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
We’ve just seen the human log have a good season with shorter arms.
he also is the best DL in the nfl. You think Saunders is Donald?

Saunders has had success againt lower competition but against equal?

Donald was able to get off blocks or keep OL from getting their hands on him. Saunders biggest problem is not getting off blocks.

JUst because Donald can do it doesnt mean other undersized guys can. Thats why Donald is the best.

DanA

Reaction score

Donald was able to get off blocks or keep OL from getting their hands on him. Saunders biggest problem is not getting off blocks.

JUst because Donald can do it doesnt mean other undersized guys can. Thats why Donald is the best.

I just compared him to Antwoine Woods. I think he’s better than him, and incidentally has longer arms. Donald isn’t the only success story in the NFL with short arms.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I just compared him to Antwoine Woods. I think he’s better than him, and incidentally has longer arms. Donald isn’t the only success story in the NFL with short arms.
He isnt better then woods. Woods is a damn good suprise.

And i think they have a guy in the draft they like alot better, actually a few...Willis, Hill, Cominsky...Then have guys like Woods, Ross, Covington already on the team. Dont think theyre worried about a 5th round guy

Actually think they will draft Cominsky in round 5 over a player like Saunders

Mr_437

Reaction score
Maliek: 6'2 311 (arms 33 1/8)
40: 5.03
BP: 25
3cone: 7.53
SS: 4.52
Vert: 29.5

Khalen: 6'0 324 (arms 32 1/4)
40: 5.01
BP: 27
3cone: 7.57
SS: 4.62
Vert: 30

Antwuan : 6'0 318 (arms 31)
40: 5.09
BP:
3cone:
SS:
Vert: 27

Don't see any reason Saunders measurables would take him off the Cowboys radar. Maybe his school or competition, but then they brought in Cominsky so there goes that. Idk, I think KS would be a solid pick can play 1or 3.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Arm length isn't as big of a deal inside. Out on the edge, defenders can get wide and start playing long-arm games like swim moves and one-arming, and can consistently beat a short-armed blocker with them. Inside, it's not as big of a deal. Sure, some guys like Jason Hatcher can have fun putting swim moves on short guards, but you usually don't get enough separation for that to really be an every-down consideration.

Does it help, yes, but I'd look for traits like lower body strength and quickness long before I looked at arm length.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

@DanA just proved you wrong.

He didn't say that Saunders was Aaron Donald (work on that reading comprehension).

He said that Aaron Donald had similar height and arm length.

Donald was high on the Cowboys draft board which indicates that they would draft players at that height and arm length.

He also proved you wrong about the Cowboys signing/playing short DTs with short-ish arms.

A.Woods is the same height with shorter arms than Saunders.

DanA

Reaction score
He isnt better then woods. Woods is a damn good suprise.

And i think they have a guy in the draft they like alot better, actually a few...Willis, Hill, Cominsky...Then have guys like Woods, Ross, Covington already on the team. Dont think theyre worried about a 5th round guy

Actually think they will draft Cominsky in round 5 over a player like Saunders

I think he’s better. It’s always going to be a projection with no clear answer until we see it though.

Saunders certainly showed out at the combine as a better athlete, I also thought his senior bowl performance both training and game suggested he could compete at a higher level than he played from week 1.

We’ve not met with a lot of DT’s in general and Saunders wasn’t one of the few we did meet so we likely aren’t interested. We do seem more interest in the David Irving type long tweeter DE/DT type. It’s not the direction I hope we go though. I’d love Saunders.

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score

He didn't say that Saunders was Aaron Donald (work on that reading comprehension).

Donald was high on the Cowboys draft board which indicates that they would draft players at that height and arm length.

He also proved you wrong about the Cowboys signing/playing short DTs with short-ish arms.

Hey no love for me for bringing up Donald to begin with?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

to the original post he was posting about donald i didnt know he switched it to woods in the 2nd. Xwalker ur turning into a troll dude.

Donald is the exception not the rule. You can post about proving me wrong all you want. But i just post on what the team does and what they have done. Yes they have signed a short NT in Woods, but they signed him as a camp body and suprised last yr. Its not like theyre out looking for that type.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think he’s better. It’s always going to be a projection with no clear answer until we see it though.

Saunders certainly showed out at the combine as a better athlete, I also thought his senior bowl performance both training and game suggested he could compete at a higher level than he played from week 1.

We’ve not met with a lot of DT’s in general and Saunders wasn’t one of the few we did meet so we likely aren’t interested. We do seem more interest in the David Irving type long tweeter DE/DT type. It’s not the direction I hope we go though. I’d love Saunders.

IM not one that really pays attention to most of the combine.These kids are playing on sundays in spandex. But thats just me.

From whats been reported Dallas has met with Willis, Hill and Cominsky and even had them for the 30 visit. The teams history will tell you if they are going to draft a DT it probably is one of them 3.

When talking about the team, i dont put my preference into what i think this team would do. It does me no good to post about my preference because we as fans dont really have the same thought process the team works with.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m happy with any two of Wise, Saunders, Hill, Mack and Cortez Broughton. Keep adding to the interior of that defense.

Mack is one of my favorites in the draft. He’s one of the few guys who can actually impact the run and pass.

A lot of the other names aren’t limited against the run and lack power.

I’m tired of the Maliek Collins type - give me someone who can anchor and actually put a hand on a RB.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Mack is one of my favorites in the draft. He’s one of the few guys who can actually impact the run and pass.

A lot of the other names aren’t limited against the run and lack power.

I’m tired of the Maliek Collins type - give me someone who can anchor and actually put a hand on a RB.
Or push the G/C into the QB.