DT, SS, or ILB with our first pick?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;2651840 said:
Parcells might draft Brace if that is the case. :laugh2:

Of course Parcells doesn't like guys who eat "biscuits". :p:

I vote we never mention this Brace character again:)

RamziD

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2651645 said:
this isn't the traditional 3-4 where the NT just sits there

Ratliff will be best used as a DE now that our depth there is depleted. His pass rushing skills can be best utilized there.

Phillips had Jamal Williams in San Diego and Pat Williams in Buffalo, both 320 lb + guys. Don't tell me he can't use a big NT in his 3-4 defense. You've really just become a broken record...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RamziD;2652230 said:
Ratliff will be best used as a DE now that our depth there is depleted. His pass rushing skills can be best utilized there.

Phillips had Jamal Williams in San Diego and Pat Williams in Buffalo, both 320 lb + guys. Don't tell me he can't use a big NT in his 3-4 defense. You've really just become a broken record...

whatever dude

better value can be had later

I'm not arguing over an overrated prospect anymore

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I'm glad the Cowboys had two number one picks last year and found three players after round one. This draft is bad, imo. The value for Dallas is going to be found on the offensive and defensive lines, and the team needs ILB and Safety help really bad. If Dallas had that 20th pick in round one, I would trade down.

It's a catch 22.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2652247 said:
mike-jones5840490.jpg

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
two words: DUKE ROBINSON..he'll beat out Kosier in camp and release Holland because he's counting too much against the cap for a 3rd string guy

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2652256 said:
The remaining ILB's would all be reaches at 51...The real value would only be S and DT

OL, OLB or DE should have value as well. While I am not a fan of taking Brace with the first pick, if he is the BPA, then I will not complain.

Otherwise, Jerry needs to take the best blue chipper that falls out of the first.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2650648 said:
Just wondering what people would take with our first pick, assuming no trade up, if they were running things.

For S&G, include O-line if you prefer.

Naturally, you would go BPA if one jumps out as far superior to the others. But assume for a minute they are all roughly the same.

I would go ILB simply because we have literally no one else to play there and I don't offhand know of any good FAs we could put there. I think we're in real trouble there. (I'm not a Burnett believer if you can't tell.)

I can see DE, though, by the "planet theory" that you go with big talent first. But I think that sometimes teams use that kind of thinking to reach on big underachievers at around this point. And in our case, Olshansky is IMO a reasonable possibility.

I'd go SS last, probably, because I tend to think that S is the easiest hole to fill on the defense.

What do you think?

We need a safety who can play in space and make plays on the ball. Hamlin certainly isnt it.

We probably will need a starting DE, and its very possible we could get one at 51.

It's possible they could find a quality starter at LG at 51.

So I say none of the above in your selections.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Give me a safety at #51. I like Brace, but I think he's not a value at 51 and I think there's a good chance he'll be there at #69. The only real teams I can see taking brace before we pick in rd 3 are Pittsburgh, Miami or KC.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2652836 said:
Give me a safety at #51. I like Brace, but I think he's not a value at 51 and I think there's a good chance he'll be there at #69. The only real teams I can see taking brace before we pick in rd 3 are Pittsburgh, Miami or KC.

I doubt Pitt, they have 2 studs at NT already in Hampton and Chris Hoke