CFZ Duece Vaughn Could End Up Being One of the Most Prolific Backs Ever

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't want to get into some stupid debate. But picture this. What if Deuce is just durable. He was in college. It was never even a problem. I realize they are all prone to injury. But there are certain guys that are just built for the game. If he can stay healthy, you're going to be surprised by how much this guy can carry the load. You have to get on the surface to see it. Even Big Nate Newton said it. He said, something along the lines of being apprehensive at first. Then he saw his thighs, and said his thighs are as big as mine, he'll be fine. Then described how truly built he is. I'm paraphrasing there. Jerry is putting his knowledge to use finally. He's finally on top of his game again. And I think it bodes well on him to be working hand-in-hand with a guy who can coach his own son like that. At that height, and have him be such a class act and all that.

It's going to be fun. Because both of these guys can get 12-ish carries a game. Sprinkle in some Dowdle and Luepke and we've got ourselves West Coast Party going on in our backfield.

And by prolific, I mean in Dallas, and that he's going to be in the game a lot, eventually. May take some work. And they shouldn't rush him. McCarthy said it best. He just looks comfortable in there

I also think Jerry's timing with the tag was perfect. He's being well advised by McClay, obviously. But it's good to see them working together.

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
I swear this OP is either on too much caffeine or just likes to troll

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I could see Vaughn making some plays this season, but those of you who think he’s going to be the second coming of Barry Sanders, and Emmitt Smith are going to be very disappointed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't want to get into some stupid debate. But picture this. What if Deuce is just durable. He was in college. It was never even a problem. I realize they are all prone to injury. But there are certain guys that are just built for the game. If he can stay healthy, you're going to be surprised by how much this guy can carry the load. You have to get on the surface to see it. Even Big Nate Newton said it. He said, something along the lines of being apprehensive at first. Then he saw his thighs, and said his thighs are as big as mine, he'll be fine. Then described how truly built he is. I'm paraphrasing there. Jerry is putting his knowledge to use finally. He's finally on top of his game again. And I think it bodes well on him to be working hand-in-hand with a guy who can coach his own son like that. At that height, and have him be such a class act and all that.

It's going to be fun. Because both of these guys can get 12-ish carries a game. Sprinkle in some Dowdle and Luepke and we've got ourselves West Coast Party going on in our backfield.

And by prolific, I mean in Dallas, and that he's going to be in the game a lot, eventually. May take some work. And they shouldn't rush him. McCarthy said it best. He just looks comfortable in there

I also think Jerry's timing with the tag was perfect. He's being well advised by McClay, obviously. But it's good to see them working together.
Some of us have been telling guys like you about Deuce from before the draft. Posting his highlights and saying how deep the draft class was at RB.

Deuce only has to prove he can handle the pounding of the NFL. All the skills are there.

I doubt he will really get his true chance until Pollard goes down. Pollard is a complete back. Dowdle will probably get dinged up quickly so we will need Deuce.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sproles played 15 years. Truly remarkable. I want to see Deuce in action. I think he is going to be great but let’s see it.
He only carried the ball 732 times over those 15 years, which led to his longevity. His career high for carries in a season was 94. That comes out to about 6 carries a game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of us have been telling guys like you about Deuce from before the draft. Posting his highlights and saying how deep the draft class was at RB.

Deuce only has to prove he can handle the pounding of the NFL. All the skills are there.
Except taking the pounding. Might be important.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Sproles has said he is better than he.
I think he is. No disrespect to Sproles. The guy can be brilliant. I've only seen it in a few backs. But he's 5'5''. Were about to see if that matters. The more I look closer, the more I think it might not. Like not any more than any other back. He's done this, like no problemo. Then, go look at him juking these guys straight out of their jocks. He has a huge advantage and he knows how to use it, and with our passing game, there's no telling what he'll do. That's all I'm saying. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not, though.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I think he is. No disrespect to Sproles. The guy can be brilliant. I've only seen it in a few backs. But he's 5'5''. Were about to see if that matters. The more I look closer, the more I think it might not. Like not any more than any other back. He's done this, like no problemo. Then, go look at him juking these guys straight out of their jocks. He has a huge advantage and he knows how to use it, and with our passing game, there's no telling what he'll do. That's all I'm saying. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not, though.
Oh good lord…let the guy just play and last and produce at least a couple of seasons before you assume he can play for 15.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Jesus. This is like some straight up fan fiction.

He’s a sixth round pick that would have gone undrafted if he didn’t have relationships in the organization.

Can we wait until he gets a season under his belt before we start the Emmitt comparisons?

1Emmitt Smith
18,355​
2Walter Payton
16,726​
3Frank Gore
16,000​
4Barry Sanders
15,269​
5Adrian Peterson
14,918​

This is what “prolific” looks like.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Oh good lord…let the guy just play and last and produce at least a couple of seasons before you assume he can play for 15.
I'm saying, you know, over the span of maybe five years. Let's see what he does this season. I'm just looking at his college reels like several times, and I just see this dynamic that really helps our game. And we're going to be really tough to stop. Not a whole lot of five step drops and things like that. We got a glimpse of it with Dak calling plays. At least now teams don't know exactly what we're doing. And I see this team's talent level, and youth and culture movements surging. I'll criticize Jerral Wayne with the best of them. But this isn't the time to do it. He's been well advised, but making rather bold moves along with his staff. Lots of moving parts, but mainly he's not being an old fool. The old booger still has some of it left.

And, of course, like I said, let's let him ease into it. I'm just saying . . . I see his game. And I believe in the guy.