Signed by Cowboys Durant signs with Dallas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You maximize Sean Lee's intelligence and instincts playing him in the middle where he can roam sideline to sideline.

That's all nice until you factor in how delicate Lee is. It's not a coincidence he played the whole season being shielded. He has far more freedom to roam in this scheme as the Will than the Mike.

Since Marinelli refuses to get a big NT to clog the middle, that is probably where he stays.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Nice pick up. More depth which is needed. Just hope our dline steps up for first 4 games. Some new faces who can make an impact

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That's all nice until you factor in how delicate Lee is. It's not a coincidence he played the whole season being shielded. He has far more freedom to roam in this scheme as the Will than the Mike.

Since Marinelli refuses to get a big NT to clog the middle, that is probably where he stays.

We'll never have a big NT in this defense but we do have a better 1 tech now.

And despite the fact I agree with you the rush defense had problems at times and Hayden is at best a marginal starter, we were 16th in D last year and only gave up 172 first downs* and an average of 4.2 YPA via the rush. That's not too bad considering the pass defense was 31 out of 32.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's not about freedom to roam. It's about positioning him on the field where he can make plays on both sides of the field.

I don't care about the injury thing. He's either going to stay healthy or he isn't. Playing him at OLB or ILB doesn't change that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's not about freedom to roam. It's about positioning him on the field where he can make plays on both sides of the field.

I don't care about the injury thing. He's either going to stay healthy or he isn't. Playing him at OLB or ILB doesn't change that.

Alright then, when he misses 12 games, enjoy it.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
rotten_to_the_core.jpg
lol...I was all excited...and then BOOM....nothing...what a wild roller coaster of a post....

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
We'll never have a big NT in this defense but we do have a better 1 tech now.

And despite the fact I agree with you the rush defense had problems at times and Hayden is at best a marginal starter, we were 16th in D last year and only gave up 172 first downs* and an average of 4.2 YPA via the rush. That's not too bad considering the pass defense was 31 out of 32.

Preach sir, preach! I keep thinking even a slightly better player in some core positions would pay dividends. Then again you could call me Captain Obvious

jday

Reaction score
This is one of those times where it sucks we're on the Internet and not in person to throw our hand in for a Go Cowboys! on 3.

Can't pass out kool-aid either. Virtual conversations do have their drawbacks...

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Excellent move that at the very least provides high quality lb depth. A no brainer without Mcclain and should make everyone feel better about the lb position.