News: Dwayne Haskins killed, hit by a car in Florida

J_Allen

Reaction score
He was driving to the airport to catch a flight. I don't know if you'll "get in trouble" but I do know I don't need to see any more of your hot takes.

Well I heard he was walking across the interstate.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well I heard he was walking across the interstate.

I once walked across an interstate to help a woman on the other side with a flat tire. I changed it for her, then walked across it again.

I don't know why Haskins was walking on an interstate, but I hate to think - had I been hit by a truck - that random people would've automatically assumed I had to be drunk, suicidal, or mentally ill to have done such a thing.

Give it some thought, if it's not too much effort.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I once walked across an interstate to help a woman on the other side with a flat tire. I changed it for her, then walked across it again.

I don't know why Haskins was walking on an interstate, but I hate to think - had I been hit by a truck - that random people would've automatically assumed I had to be drunk, suicidal, or mentally ill to have done such a thing.

Give it some thought, if it's not too much effort.
Nobody has said Haskins was drunk, suicidal or mentally ill, but he did have a history of making very bad, selfish, risk-taking and careless decisions. That was what Mr. Gil Brandt was trying to say.

https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject....id-downfall-in-washington-not-just-qb-s-doing

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nobody has said Haskins was drunk, suicidal or mentally ill...

Oh really? Let's take a look at this thread:

He was either drunk or suicidal. Or he was having a mental breakdown...

You - America's Cowboy - "liked" that post, so either you have amnesia, are a liar, or are stupid enough to think others don't see what what you do here.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
America's Cowboy deletes his post - where he said "no one called Haskins drunk, suicidal, or mentally ill" - after being called out on his stupidity and/or BS.

Well done, Batman. :muttley:

Unfortunately, it doesn't change who you are, as you've shown us today. Nice try, though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

You "liked" that post, so either you have amnesia, are a liar, or are stupid enough to think others don't see what what you do here.
Hey, Jack, I "liked" the "mental breakdown" part. Either, you failed to notice the "or" part in that posters statement (which gives one a choice of the 3 options he listed), or you're acting ignorant on purpose in order to falsely accuse one while calling them a liar. I'm pretty sure it's the latter, which shows me you are a sniveling, words-twisting, spineless jellyfish.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"America's Cowboy" deletes his post - where he said no one called Haskins drunk, suicidal, or mentally ill - after being called out on his stupidity and/or BS.

Well done, Batman. :muttley:

Unfortunately, it doesn't change who you are, as you've shown us all day.
I didn't delete it!

Must have been a mod or someone else with that capability, because it sure wasn't me. So, get lost with your weak & spineless false accusations.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hey, Jack, I "liked" the "mental breakdown" part. Either, you failed to notice the "or" part in that posters statement (which gives one a choice of the 3 options he listed), or you're acting ignorant on purpose in order to falsely accuse one while calling them a liar. I'm pretty sure it's the latter, which shows me you are a sniveling, words-twisting, spineless jellyfish.

You exposed yourself. That you deleted the post speaks volumes, so call me "Jack" or whatever else makes you feel better.

You're a fool and a liar, and you have only yourself to blame for exposing those truths. Enjoy, Batman.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn't delete it!

Must have been a mod or someone else with that capability, because it sure wasn't me. So, get lost with your weak & spineless false accusations.
It just magically disappeared, as the silliness of it got shoved up your backside. What a coincidence. :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It just magically disappeared, as the silliness of it got shoved up your backside. What a coincidence. :muttley:
I'm telling you,...I didn't delete it!!! Someone else did.

You agree with a post saying how the internet has made some act brave on the internet, yet I bet you wouldn't be brave enough to talk so tough in person.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm telling you,...I didn't delete it!!! Someone else did.

You agree with a post saying how the internet has made some act brave on the internet, yet I bet you wouldn't be brave enough to talk so tough in person.
There was a thread yesterday that was titled ' 24 year-old killed by dump truck ' - along with a an image from a local news station at the accident scene.
I typed a comment in response; but when I hit the 'Post Reply ' button, a message popped up that the "thread does not exist for comments" or words similar in context. A moderator deleted that thread.
I surmise the same thing happened to 'America's Cowboy' - his response was deleted by a CZ moderator.
JMHO

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There was a thread yesterday that was titled ' 24 year-old killed by dump truck ' - along with a an image from a local news station at the accident scene.
I typed a comment in response; but when I hit the 'Post Reply ' button, a message popped up that the "thread does not exist for comments" or words similar in context. A moderator deleted that thread.
I surmise the same thing happened to 'America's Cowboy' - his response was deleted by a CZ moderator.
JMHO
Thank you, @Motorola .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
when he was hit by a dump truck while walking on a South Florida highway.
Haskins, 24, had been in South Florida to train with other Steelers quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers.

The accident happened around 6:37 a.m. on I-595 West at the I-95 interchange outside Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Haskins was killed in the accident, but officials did not reveal why he was walking on the highway, said Lt. Indiana Miranda, highway patrol
_____
so he wasnt hit by a car, but a dump truck!!
Now they say he was walking on the highway , at first I assumed on the shoulder, but now I wonder if he was out in the lane??
How did the truck driver not see him and did he try to stop? Was dwayne intoxicated? why did he pull over get out and start walking??

It all sounds kinda odd to me.

About gil evidently he lacks the good sense and tact to say the right things about someone who just died.
I think that was the real gil, unfiltered.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Here 1 day. gone the next. In a blink. Tomorrow isnt a lock guys. This is sad.
Clint Eastwood said no man is guaranteed tomorrow, and that is true.

It looks like at this point dwayne put himself in a dangerous situation, and the worst happened.
Hard to tell though without more info.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I lost my daughter at 27. It doesn’t matter if they are 40, they are still our children and no parent ever recovers. Time doesn’t heal those wounds. Those wounds are just as fresh today as the day she was murdered. My prayers goes out to his family. They will have a hole in their hearts until the day they leave this world. No parent should ever have to bury their child.
sorry for your loss jnday, prayers to you and your family.

Fmart322

Reaction score
When I heard this yesterday it reminded of myself.
At about 22 years old I was at a party, drunk as heck, decided to walk home. Mind you I was miles away from my home. Came across a highway and had to follow it because there was a wall on the other side. Sound barriers.
A kind woman with her toddler child picked me up and took me home. It was about 1am.
To this day I think about that wonderful woman and say a little prayer for her, thanking her for what she did.
I definitely could have ended up like Dwayne Haskins. RIP young man.

J_Allen

Reaction score

You - America's Cowboy - "liked" that post, so either you have amnesia, are a liar, or are stupid enough to think others don't see what what you do here.

You can moral grandstand all you want, if someone dies I am going to speculate as to why they're walking down the interstate early in the morning. Sorry.