News: Dwayne Haskins killed, hit by a car in Florida

Aven8

Reaction score
This young man getting killed is tragic. My condolences to his family.

Having said that, walking/running on the road/highway is a bad idea.

I always see this with women joggers a lot here in DFW. I also see them pushing strollers across major intersections and I’m like you can’t stay in the residential area?!

jnday

Reaction score
RIP. 24 is way too young. I lost my son at 26, all my prayers are to his family and friends.
I lost my daughter at 27. It doesn’t matter if they are 40, they are still our children and no parent ever recovers. Time doesn’t heal those wounds. Those wounds are just as fresh today as the day she was murdered. My prayers goes out to his family. They will have a hole in their hearts until the day they leave this world. No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I lost my daughter at 27. It doesn’t matter if they are 40, they are still our children and no parent ever recovers. Time doesn’t heal those wounds. Those wounds are just as fresh today as the day she was murdered. My prayers goes out to his family. They will have a hole in their hearts until the day they leave this world.

Wow, that's horrible. My heart goes out to you - I couldn't imagine.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Watched him since his days at Ohio State... Gone way to soon..... Live life-love life- help someone in Life.
And "Enjoy yourselves. It's later than you think" https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqnhS0gfIr9KmnaekepezY-P2CtpGL1atdaw&usqp=CAU

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I lost my daughter at 27. It doesn’t matter if they are 40, they are still our children and no parent ever recovers. Time doesn’t heal those wounds. Those wounds are just as fresh today as the day she was murdered. My prayers goes out to his family. They will have a hole in their hearts until the day they leave this world. No parent should ever have to bury their child.

So sorry for your loss man. I can’t imagine.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sadly it’s not uncommon for people who are broken down or out of the car on the highway to get hit or killed.

Of course we have plenty of people showing their rear ends on this board who thinks it’s ok to take shots at Haskins because “they’re just staring the truth” without knowing what happened.
:clap:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dude will be passing away literally anyday. Yes he revealed who he might be. I don't like it either, but we all get a chance to redeem ourselves. This was pretty bad though, I grant ya that. He looks delusional and cold hearted.
I predict this will be the end of his radio career.

shabazz

Reaction score
If Haskins had died in a car on car collision, there wouldn’t be as much confusion or the need for further details. I have even seen some here question if he was altered in some way because it’s hard to imagine a top athlete being hit on an 8 lane highway. I understand these kind of questions

if it was a senior citizen or someone disoriented from an accident it would make more sense. I just don’t get it based on the info so far.

J_Allen

Reaction score
If Haskins had died in a car on car collision, there wouldn’t be as much confusion or the need for further details. I have even seen some here question if he was altered in some way because it’s hard to imagine a top athlete being hit on an 8 lane highway. I understand these kind of questions

if it was a senior citizen or someone disoriented from an accident it would make more sense. I just don’t get it based on the info so far.

He was probably hammered.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for saying that...

Rayman70

Reaction score

Exactly. Not to cast stones on the guy, but I think there's a 75% chance he was self medicating when this happened. A rational human being knows better than 2 attempt jogging on a nasty highway like this. Unless he did it purposely. Right now I am praying for his family.

shabazz

Reaction score
He was probably hammered.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for saying that...

You have every right to an opinion. It could be everything to what you mentioned, to being dark and the driver not having their lights on, to a medical issue with Haskins. Just don’t know

I knew someone that had minor seizures and they would walk right into the middle of the street and not realize it…..not an epileptic seizure, but rather one where they go on auto pilot for a while

J_Allen

Reaction score
You have every right to an opinion. It could be everything to what you mentioned, to being dark and the driver not having their lights on, to a medical issue with Haskins. Just don’t know

I knew someone that had minor seizures and they would walk right into the middle of the street and not realize it…..not an epileptic seizure, but rather one where they go on auto pilot for a while

There's no reason to run across the interstate.

He was either drunk or suicidal. Or he was having a mental breakdown. Those are the three logical explanations and if people want to get butt hurt about it then too bad. He should not have run across the interstate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Haskins was not having a seizure. Sadly, made a terrible decision that cost him his life.

links18

Reaction score
Reading about the bad things that happen with people and automobiles on a daily basis it's enough to make you not want to leave the house. RIP Dwayne.

coult44

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it homie. I lost my first son at 2 and a half.
Dude, I’m sorry, my prayers are with you . We’ve never met, but we share a bond created by tragedy. Stay strong bro. There’s nothing worse. All we can do is wake up each day and put one foot in front of the other and move forward: remember he great times and hope we will see them again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was driving to the airport to catch a flight. I don't know if you'll "get in trouble" but I do know I don't need to see any more of your hot takes.
He's entitled to his opinion just like you are to yours. There is an "ignore" button that can come in handy.