Dwayne Slay FS Texas Tech: Mel Kiper #22

Hiero

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Anybody available that late in the draft that most experts think would be worth it?
are we talking about the 2nd rd? I think if we got two 2nd's we could get a really good OT still, and another player like LB WR FS or QB. Lots of good ot's in the 2nd this year.

Hiero

Reaction score
drew97 said:
Mel Kiper Had Mike Williams #1 last year.
I still think that hte right situation (AKA Dallas) would make BMW a different guy. detroit is a bad situation and the players there slack off way too much. he needs a disciplined coach + time to get his game back + time to develop as a rookie, but hes a stud.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hiero said:
I still think that hte right situation (AKA Dallas) would make BMW a different guy. detroit is a bad situation and the players there slack off way too much. he needs a disciplined coach + time to get his game back + time to develop as a rookie, but hes a stud.

Best slow TE in the business, as a matter of fact.

jbsg02

Reaction score
nfldraftcountdown has a recent mock with us taking marcus mcneill

wick

Reaction score
Unless one of the aforementioned safeties has a hidden talent for blocking edge rushers, I'm not interested in the first round.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
we should have traded our second rounder last year to philly

trade:

eagles get cowboys 2nd rounder and 5 rounder
cowboys get eagles 2nd rounder

we draft brodney pool

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
speaking of LB in the 1st, how about Maryland MLB D'Qwell Jackson?

if we can take him, late 2nd, even better...

that kid is serious

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Since when was Slay Big 12 DPOY?

Nick Reid won the award this year.

Dec. 1, 2005

LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech senior free safety Dwayne Slay (Brunswick, Ga.) was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. Slay finished the regular season with 101 tackles to rank third among league defenders.

En route to earning player of the year status, Slay set a Big 12 mark with eight forced fumbles this season and established himself as one of the league's hardest hitting defensive backs. His two forced fumbles against Kansas State led to touchdowns, while his forced fumble early in the second half against Texas A&M sparked Tech's first of six-straight scoring drives. Slay ranks third in the conference with 9.2 tackles per game and leads the conference's defensive backs.

Already named to the Big 12 Coaches first team, Slay has been selected as the league's defensive player of the year by several Big 12 media outlets and The Sporting News.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Huff better then I like Slay but Slay is a good football player. If I had my rathers, I'd probably take Zemaitis. I think he will project well to FS. He may end up at CB but if he were available, I'd take him and play him at Safety. He would be tremendous, IMO.