Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Udonis Haslem all opt out

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree with that premise.

He doesn't look interested in getting the tough points or with rebounding. All he seems to want to do is hang around the 3-point line.

In addition he's 30's years old.

The Miami franchise got scared. And now they're going to throw all sorts of money at a guy (Wade) who's body is shot.

Not sure what Riley or Miami were thinking.
It would have been a great time to clean house and start over.
Blame it all on LeBron and take the free pass and a couple 25 win seasons.

Use the cap space on young guys and short term bargains.

I've seen people say the Heat have a better roster than CLE right now and those people are seriously delirious.

That Bosh contract becomes untradeable. Wade will likely be in the same boat. That looks like a terrible situation akin to the Lakers paying Kobe 25m except the Heat have opted to go 5 years on Bosh....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gotta say in JT's defense that it did look that way... At least until Riley got desperate and gave a 30 year-old, 6-10 3-point shooter a ridiculous contract.

The Rockets may look back at this and say, "Maybe it wasn't a bad thing to lose Bosh."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Gotta say in JT's defense that it did look that way... At least until Riley got desperate and gave a 30 year-old, 6-10 3-point shooter a ridiculous contract.

The Rockets may look back at this and say, "Maybe it wasn't a bad thing to lose Bosh."

He would've made the Rockets an even tougher matchup for the Spurs so glad to see him stay in Miami. Rockets may lose Parsons as well. Bad summer for Houston. So far.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Bosh at 4 years ~85 mil and as the final piece of a title contender makes sense.
Bosh at 5 years and 118 mil for a team without a single plus starter at any other position makes no sense to me.

Rox have tons of options and may well be better off but you just never know until they pounce.
I don't see any other max type guys out there. They may be better off grabbing 4 or 5 MLE types to fill out depth and then resign Parsons.
SAS and DAL before them have shown depth is a good thing.

perhaps... sign Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, re-sign Garcia, add Jameer Nelson, sign Jason Smith. all cheap moves 2-5m annually on 2 years deals. Cap space gone, match Parsons.

rotation in HOU:
PG: Beverly, Nelson
SG: Harden, Garcia
SF: Parsons, Marion
PF: Marion, Brand, Smith
C: D12, Brand

To me that looks like a real basketball team. As a coach I have defenders for post, wing, pressuring the ball.
I have offensive with spacing, dribble drive ability, post scoring and plenty rebounding.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bosh at 4 years ~85 mil and as the final piece of a title contender makes sense.
Bosh at 5 years and 118 mil for a team without a single plus starter at any other position makes no sense to me.

Rox have tons of options and may well be better off but you just never know until they pounce.
I don't see any other max type guys out there. They may be better off grabbing 4 or 5 MLE types to fill out depth and then resign Parsons.
SAS and DAL before them have shown depth is a good thing.

perhaps... sign Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, re-sign Garcia, add Jameer Nelson, sign Jason Smith. all cheap moves 2-5m annually on 2 years deals. Cap space gone, match Parsons.

rotation in HOU:
PG: Beverly, Nelson
SG: Harden, Garcia
SF: Parsons, Marion
PF: Marion, Brand, Smith
C: D12, Brand

To me that looks like a real basketball team. As a coach I have defenders for post, wing, pressuring the ball.
I have offensive with spacing, dribble drive ability, post scoring and plenty rebounding.

You gotta do something to get the fans to keep showing up.

Me personally, I would have let them all walk after LeBron said he was going home. Clean house, build around Shabazz Napier.

Also your coaching comments are awesome. I agree entirely except I think they still need a legit point guard. Goran Dragic would have been great....... @WoodysGirl

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Me personally, I would have let them all walk after LeBron said he was going home. Clean house, build around Shabazz Napier.

Also your coaching comments are awesome. I agree entirely except I think they still need a legit point guard. Goran Dragic would have been great....... @WoodysGirl

IMHO fans show if you win and don't if you lose.
LeBron leaving sapped CLE attendance by a full 30%.
I expect Miami to suffer the same fate so resigning these guys to me is just silly.

I don't think people realize the role LBJ played last year on the Heat. He had a historically good season. He was the point guard at times, the 5 at others.
He rebounded, handled the ball, played post or wing or guard offensively and guarded the other teams best player most of the time.
That Heat team to me is pretty devoid of talent.
I see one plus starter at that is Bosh who is a borderline All-Star IMHO.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just like sticking a knife in folks, don't you? lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I expect Miami to suffer the same fate so resigning these guys to me is just silly.

I don't think people realize the role LBJ played last year on the Heat. He had a historically good season. He was the point guard at times, the 5 at others.
He rebounded, handled the ball, played post or wing or guard offensively and guarded the other teams best player most of the time.

He also was 7th with most minutes played. The highest Spur was Parker at #95.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

I think they'll still win 50 games and finish anywhere from the 3 to 5 seed for the playoffs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think they'll still win 50 games and finish anywhere from the 3 to 5 seed for the playoffs.

No way IMHO.
I don't think that team is any better than .500%.

Wade is in a descent and he will spend a portion of the year sidelined.
Deng also already in descent if his stats are to be believed.
Coaching still very poor.

I don't think that is anywhere near a good team.
Very, very middle of the road with an arrow pointing down and any bad break threatening to shoot them into the lottery.