Reaction score
Jim Plunkett
Brad Johnson
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Joe Namath
Mark Rypien

Now thats an impressive list of benchmark greatness there. Super Bowl winners.

Jim Plunkett is head and shoulders above the rest of that group you listed...Jim was a darn good QB...

slomoxn

Reaction score
Here is some routine benchmark greatness by His Great Clutchness himself.

ELI-MANNING-INTERCEPTIONFACE.gif

Yeah have to admit its funny, but this board whines like three year old girls when other teams fans talk bad about Romo. And yet here we are lambasting a qb for a bad year or even three. I don't hate Romo I'd just rather have Eli's rings over Romo's stats, so its confusing to me when fans of Cowboys like telling everyone how many SB's they have, (20 years ago) but won't even acknowledge Eli's recent two because the media makes him sound better than Romo. I stil don't care who is better, what I know is Eli and the Giants have two recent championships and Romo and the Cowboys have 0. The real problem is they wont be getting one either.

EvilJerry88

Reaction score
People are way too obsessed with this comparison and ironically enough, the best QB in the division right now is neither.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is about highlighting another QB in our division that struggles. Yes he has won two Super Bowls but he is not playing well. He didn't play well last year either.

The media shoves it down your throat that he is Elite and he isn't. He's a good QB, but not in the top 5, sorry! I have no problem ragging on Eli.

I'm sorry. Has anyone called Eli elite this year?

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I would love to bash Eli. But I would feel kinda stupid bc I know what the response from a giants fan would be.

"He's got not only one ring, but two. That's more than a fluke."

I got nothing to say after that

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Let's put something in perspective.

Many Cowboys fans are defending Eli Manning because he's won 2 Super Bowls. Fair enough.

But in 2000, many Cowboys fans booed Troy Aikman..........winner of 3 Super Bowls.

Someone care to explain that?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Let's put something in perspective.

Many Cowboys fans are defending Eli Manning because he's won 2 Super Bowls. Fair enough.

But in 2000, many Cowboys fans booed Troy Aikman..........winner of 3 Super Bowls.

Someone care to explain that?

Because by that time Aikman was exposed for being a average QB who benefited from a Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sometimes Romo's stats are the only thing to hang your hat on....for some.

It sure ain't this sterling win/loss record over the past 16 years.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Trash your own team's QB incessantly but don't trash rival team's QB. Does that make sense? :rolleyes:

**** eli, I hope he continues to throw INTs

zack

Reaction score
Two super bowl MVP's will do that.

Well it will be tarnished if he continues to play like trash. He isn't winning another SB. If he continues to put up the same results on the next 3 years especially.

But yeah it's funny. I didn't realize we had Giants fans on this board.

JS22

Reaction score
It's going to be all sorts of fun when the Giants somehow squeak out a division championship this year despite Eli. And all we're going to hear is how he "gets it done in the clutch." Even if he throws 20-25 INT's.

The Giants are winning in spite of him. Dallas without Romo would be even more of a disaster. Can you imagine Eli on this team? Would be an even bigger circus.

Put Romo on the Giants and everyone talks about how great he is. Why? Because they've got a well coached, No BS, team. Put Eli on the Cowboys and the media would pile on week after week. Even more so than now.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when they stop having the Super Bowl and make it the statbowl these threads will be the talk of the town, we'll get out sixth ring and happy days will be here again. Every time Eli throw an int this post pops up to show us how little his TWO rings and MVP status mean. This isn't Bizarro world though so stats are not the bench mark of greatness, championships are.

Eli manning is not great or never will be . That's just insane .

You guys realize the giants have been playing 3rd string qbs right ? Freeman , Pryor , Tolzien some of you need to get a clue .

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's going to be all sorts of fun when the Giants somehow squeak out a division championship this year despite Eli. And all we're going to hear is how he "gets it done in the clutch." Even if he throws 20-25 INT's.

The Giants are winning in spite of him. Dallas without Romo would be even more of a disaster. Can you imagine Eli on this team? Would be an even bigger circus.

Put Romo on the Giants and everyone talks about how great he is. Why? Because they've got a well coached, No BS, team. Put Eli on the Cowboys and the media would pile on week after week. Even more so than now.

Great post. Now the E-Lie lovers here in the Twilight Zone will be chirping the same old 2 Super Bowl's crap as if that erases everything you just posted. And for a little added emphasis some of them might even mention that E-Lie comes thru in the games that matter the most, you know those spotlight games.