Eagle fan pleasantly surprised with Cowboy Fans

Moe Szyslak

Reaction score
Hey guys I was reading some threads and I realized that cowboy fans are definately much different than I anticipated. The front running fans don't post on your boards at all and you seem loyal. I went to Dallas for a game and I asked an old lady about those fans that are Cowboy fans that have never set foot in Texas. And she says that you guys don't like them. They aren't cowboy fans they're fans of winning teams. Just to say kudos to the cowboy fans from Dallas. Go Eagles.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
WWHHAAAATT??? I've been a cowboy fan since I was 5 yrs old and have never lived in Dallas. I'd say that qualifies as a bona fide fan. I never deserted the ship. You and that old lady are screwed up in the head. I've always been a fan (even @ 1-15 and the last few 5-11 yrs). Get off the high horse. We are not all bandwagon fans. :mad:

Eddie

Reaction score
Moe Szyslak said:
Hey guys I was reading some threads and I realized that cowboy fans are definately much different than I anticipated. The front running fans don't post on your boards at all and you seem loyal. I went to Dallas for a game and I asked an old lady about those fans that are Cowboy fans that have never set foot in Texas. And she says that you guys don't like them. They aren't cowboy fans they're fans of winning teams. Just to say kudos to the cowboy fans from Dallas. Go Eagles.

*** are you talking about? Most of this forum consists of Cowboy fans who are NOT from Dallas. Many of us have followed the team since the 70's.

No one cares what an Eagles fan thinks. Your condescending attitude makes me want to puke. Come back here after you've actually WON a Super Bowl.

We'll have our 6th trophy before you get your 1st.

Mattsdad

Reaction score
starfrombirth said:
WWHHAAAATT??? I've been a cowboy fan since I was 5 yrs old and have never lived in Dallas. I'd say that qualifies as a bona fide fan. I never deserted the ship. You and that old lady are screwed up in the head. I've always been a fan (even @ 1-15 and the last few 5-11 yrs). Get off the high horse. We are not all bandwagon fans. :mad:

Same here. I have been a LOYAL Cowboy Fan since I have been 8 years old and have never lived in Texas nor attended a game (soon to change). I am DEFINITELY a fan and faithful follower. Nonsense.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Moe Szyslak said:
Perhaps you poorly phrased your thoughts of agreeing with that "old lady" who really sounds senile and clueless :)

I'm just north of iggle territory yet my first memories of NFL were cheering for Dallas and nothing has changed that, not even friends/family whom are Gints/Jets fans. ;)

TheHustler

Reaction score
Thats ridiculous. I've been a Cowboy fan since I started watching football and I live in the SF Bay Area.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Eddie said:
*** are you talking about? Most of this forum consists of Cowboy fans who are NOT from Dallas. Many of us have followed the team since the 70's.
Hehe let me help you understand something. In Philadelphia, Cowboys fans are hated (obviously). Around the mid-90's, a myth developed here (propelled by the local sports radio station) that fans in Dallas do not like Cowboys fans who live outside the Fort-Worth area.

It's a ridiculous notion. I've been to Dallas numerous times, both on business and to see the team in Texas Stadium. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cowboys fans are unlike any other fan base in the NFL. The people are great, and they happily accept the mantle as "America's Team".

What you are witnessing from the poster is a bias/myth that is perpetuated by sports radio hosts in Philadelphia who seek a reason to ridicule Philadelphia born Cowboy fans.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moe Szyslak said:

I've been a Dallas fan since the Ice Bowl, living in Ohio...moved to DFW area in 1998 (other stops in other states on the way) And was welcomed immediately and by very friendly fans here.

1fisher

Reaction score
Moe Szyslak said:

I'm form north MS.........Cowboy fan since the early 70's (born in '68)....been to Texas Stadium 5 times and I'm going back to see them whip up on the Deadskins in December..........I have never been criticized for being an "Out of State Fan". Next time you see that old lady tell her she might need another swig of Geritol......... :D

TLW47

Reaction score
Use some common sense.

Why would a Cowboys fan hate another because they aren't in Texas? The answer is they wouldn't; the notion is silly and my feeling has always been the more the merrier!

rmattil

Reaction score
I never reply to threads here, but enjoy reading what everyone says about the Cowboys. But when it comes to a fan from another team calling cowboy fans a banwagon fan, or fairweather fan I get really irrated. I've been a Cowboy fan for 20 years. I've never lived in Dallas, or been to Dallas. I was born and raised in Western New York (Buffalo Bills area) and now live in the enemies terrority (Deadskins). My parents were Giant fans through and through. I just happen to have a uncle that was from Dallas and loved the Silver and Blue. Because of him I became a fan of my beloved Cowboys. I respect the fact that each person can like a different team even if they never lived in that state, or even been to that state. But to question someones loyality to a team based on where they live is ridiculious.
You have the right to post on this site all you want, but do not question the loyality of Dallas fans based on the location.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
While I lived in Dallas my whole life and am now going to school just 3 hours away and have been a Cowboys fan for 14 years, I know many people, especially who I go to school with, who have never even been to Dallas who love the Cowboys.

VirusX

Reaction score
Born in Toledo Ohio, I have been a Boyz fan my entire life and I do now live in the DFW area. I have my loyalty to the steelers and Ohio state aswell due to where I come from. It was difficult being in in a steelers home for the 95' superbowl ;) Family but still... It was pretty funny hehehe.

Boyz fan for life (getting my Star tatoo soon)

Reaction score
Moe Szyslak said:
I went to Dallas for a game

As a Dallas native and business owner, I'd like to say we appreciate you coming down and spending some of your income in our State....

We appreciate it even MORE that you LEFT!!!

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Let's face it- Cowboy & Commander fans rarely see eye to eye on things. However, it appears that one thing that we can agree on is our dislike for Eagle fans. I have never met a mouthier group of fans anywhere. You would think that they have multiple Super Bowl trophies to hang their hat on. NOT!

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Since I was born in Dallas and raised in Irving, have been dancing a Dallas Cowboys jig since I was 3, wore a Cowboys jersey and jacket in 49ers territory and Seahawks territory throughout my entire 20's - With Pride and got beat up for it, ...I guess that makes me the ultimate fan... :D LOL

Seriously...I honestly don't think there are any "bandwagon" fans on this site. I haven't been here but a lil short of 2 mos but I can't ever remember reading a post that made me believe otherwise

God I love my Cowboys!!!

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't know where this stupid rule came from: "You have to be from the same state or city your favorite team is from".

Totally stupid.

I get annoyed with all the "frontrunning" fans too.....but by definition, those fans are gone now. They're rooting for the "frontrunner".....that would be your team.....the eagles.

Once we're back on top, I'm sure they'll trash the McNabb jersey and return.

But as for the fans of this board, most were regular posters through three consecutive 5-11 seasons. Through those down years, we still sold out our stadium, were constantly near the top in apparel (despite having no marketable star), and still grabbed some of the highest rated TV games.

So, all the crud about Cowboy fans being "frontrunners" is just that.....crud.

We all have our reasons for loving the Cowboys. TooHostile has a good story about his grandmother.

Mine? I used to live in Oklahoma....no NFL team there....but every year, the church I attended went to a Monday Night game. I had never been to even a pee-wee football game before...But in 1982, I went to watch the Cowboys play the Buffalo Bills on a Monday Night.

I haven't been the same since......I've been obsessed with this team. Even now, in Missouri, I follow them.

I bought the Sunday Ticket three years ago to follow a 5-11 football team. Even through the tough times it was money well spent.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
*coughs and looks down where it says Moderators*

I know what you are talking about and I really don't care about your take on her fandom (wow.. is that even a word)... Anyone that puts as much heart and soul into this site, the team, the postors, and puts up w/ crap for doing it is a fan.... a real fan.

I've been a cowboys fan my entire life, can't ever remember not being one... everyone has heard my story about my grandpa and I and what the cowboys were to us... I think I'm a great judge of character and of cowboys fans for that matter and I find her to be one of the MOST dedicated FANS I've seen...

TRUE Cowboys fans don't pick apart another fans strong devotion... no matter where they were born or live now

JMHO