Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i-painted-a-picture-of-everyone-who-cares.jpg

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Three first round picks and I’m betting a player as well. I’d rather them go after Watson than three first round picks next year. Their dLine is starting to age, Watsons cap hit will cost them although Howie is a smooth criminal when it comes to picking up players. Pick your poison, I’m picking go after an expensive player that will cost a ton of draft capital. I’d love to hear Aerolithe’s thoughts on the matter.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I still don't understand the no trade clause being an issue.

Watson made it clear he wanted to be traded at the end of last season and the Texans have made it more than clear they want him gone too.

Surely Watson has that right to get traded if he wants to.
When there is a No Trade Clause, then it kind of allows the athlete to dictate where they land.

So although Houston could get a huge haul from a team, they can't pull the trigger if Watson doesn't want to go there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Three first round picks and I’m betting a player as well. I’d rather them go after Watson than three first round picks next year. Their dLine is starting to age, Watsons cap hit will cost them although Howie is a smooth criminal when it comes to picking up players. Pick your poison, I’m picking go after an expensive player that will cost a ton of draft capital. I’d love to hear Aerolithe’s thoughts on the matter.

Not only that, but Watson may not play again depending on how bad these allegations are. Then again, I'm assuming the league will treat the Eagles like they treated us with Zeke.

J12B

Reaction score
When there is a No Trade Clause, then it kind of allows the athlete to dictate where they land.

So although Houston could get a huge haul from a team, they can't pull the trigger if Watson doesn't want to go there.

Well Watson wanted to be traded and the Texans have him playing safety with scrubs at training camp. Pretty sure he would rather be anywhere else right now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watson made it clear he wanted to be traded at the end of last season and the Texans have made it more than clear they want him gone too.

Surely Watson has that right to get traded if he wants to.
Watson and Philly would be a perfect marriage.
He would not object to being traded to the dirty birds.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Not only that, but Watson may not play again depending on how bad these allegations are. Then again, I'm assuming the league will treat the Eagles like they treated us with Zeke.

This whole ordeal could drag on with him being on the Commies list. I’d say go for it Eagles, at minimum he could be gone for a whole year and then when the smoke clears possibly longer.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Weird to see a garbage stat collector hater in Dallas praise another garbage stat collector going to the eagles. I think we found it’s team and it’s ugly

J12B

Reaction score
I'm surprised Washington isn't highly interested in him. They are in a position to trade a lot of draft capital for a QB. Watson would elevate their offense to a whole other level and their defense is set for the next couple of seasons with that scarey front 4 they've constructed over the last few drafts.

The Eagles roster is a mess in a lot of different position groups and need all the picks they can get to rebuild.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This whole ordeal could drag on with him being on the Commies list. I’d say go for it Eagles, at minimum he could be gone for a whole year and then when the smoke clears possibly longer.

Oh for sure. I don't mind it from the standpoint he could be out for a while. After that whole thing, what's to say his mind will even be on football?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Part of the reason I don't understand the fawning over Watson, apart from the fact he may not even play, is the fact that he holds onto the ball for ages. When I watch him play with the Texans, yes, he's a lethal player. However, he holds onto the ball for ages. That's NOT going to cut it in Philly. He's going to get sacked a lot with that. Especially if our dline is the way I think it will be, the Giants DLine, and the WFT Dline. He's not even going to last that long, assuming he even sees the field. For those of you who fawn over Watson and rip Dak, you think Dak holds onto the ball too long and has poor pocket awareness? Wait till you watch what Watson does with that offense.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Hes gonna a spend a lot of time in Texas fighting his case. Wasn't there a judge who's a friend of the Owner that dosent like Watson? He's gonna get the book thrown at him. I just don't see how anyone can trade for him right now. Hurts must be looking horrible if they're this desperate.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. If Jerry had Hurts he'd give him the same Prescott treatment. He'd be clinging to his mediocre pant leg while we had to read what a great leader he is.

Hope you just didn't have a large meal.......:confused:

dak-prescott-jerry-jones

817Gill

Reaction score

Surely Watson has the right to get traded if he wants to and waive the no trade clause.
It’s about going where he wants to go. His reported top destinations are Denver and Miami, he’s never mentioned Philadelphia. If he doesn’t want to play for them he can say no via the clause.

J12B

Reaction score
It’s about going where he wants to go. His reported top destinations are Denver and Miami, he’s never mentioned Philadelphia. If he doesn’t want to play for them he can say no via the clause.

The reason he hasn't been traded yet has more to do with the Texans wanting to hang on to him until they get what they think is fair compensation-NOT-because Watson doesn't want to go play for Philadelphia.

Watson's current legal issues do not put him in a place to be selective in where he wants to go. Legal issues have severely impacted his trade market.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Hurts was likely supposed to be Wentz insurance, not the man. Egirls probably know more about Watson future availability than we do.
I have been thinking the inside knows way more. It just makes sense.

Majic

Reaction score
If a trade goes down before start of season without any punishment served, asking price may be lower than anticipated. Buy low.