Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

Cowboyny

Reaction score

You cannot control what other teams do, if the Eagles are already jumping ship from Hurts it tells us that he isn't their long-term answer and they wasted a 2nd rd pick on him. Watson improves them, but they still have an aging roster and they will have to mortgage their future to acquire him. Let's also not forget the Texans offense was awful after Hopkins was traded with Watson still as their QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like how thi isn’t even a story yet like all the wasted debates that said Watson Wilson an drogers would all be on new teams for 2021

Odd none of that happened,,,wasted space and this doesnt belong in the fan zone it means nothing its RUMOR until its not..

If the trade happens then talk about until then its nothing,,

I hope they do make the trade give up 2 1s a 2 and most likely a elite players of he Texans choosing..then Watson gets suspended 6+ games maybe a year then the eagles cap and future drafts all effected..

Anyone worried need to look at the Texans record the last 4 years

Ill wait while you show me how Watson’s better then dak pappy, on his 4-12 teams hes captained..

He and dak are the same and without asuper team around them they arent the elite qbs that instantly make team a contender

You disagree

Umm when were the Texans a contender?

Right just slammed the door on that and the last place eagles giving uop all that stock and new qb cap money etc

Right instant contenders..lmao

Dak haters and those fans sucking the tweets of our rivals are the only ones making this an issue and its all rumor...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So are you of the opinion that if a woman says no during it’s not sexual assault she just changed her mind? Or if she dresses a certain way she’s asking for it? Just curious because this is a really bad way to look at sexual assault.

Just me, but it appears he had a massage fetish used to seduce women to see if they'd play alone. I have not seen/read anything suggesting any of the women were forced. Some were uncomfortable and stop sessions before they started. Look, I'm not in any way condoning his behavior but just not sure it meets the level to say it was unlawful. Besides, it's extremely odd with over 20 plus women, no charges have been filed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Watson will instantly be the best QB in the division, but I believe we have the better overall team.

Watson will be a difference maker instantly though.
I am just curious. And I am not trying to pick a fight here. But dont you always bring up w/l as your only determining factor when judging a QB and thats one of the reasons you dislike Dak is because we dont win with him? So how does Watson instantly become the best QB in the division? Dak career wise beats him in Games played, completions, Passing Yards, Touchdowns, INT %, First downs from passing, amongst other stats. W/L for Watson is 28-25 and for Dak 42-27. If you want to take away his rookie season. (Which I know you will.) He is 29-27. Still on par with Watson. Keep in mind. Watson also played his first couple years in one of the easiest divisions in football. So I know you like stats. What do you think of these ones? Or are you going to spin it to make Watson look better? Or just stick with the good ol Eye Test.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Just me, but it appears he had a massage fetish used to seduce women to see if they'd play alone. I have not seen/read anything suggesting any of the women were forced. Some were uncomfortable and stop sessions before they started. Look, I'm not in any way condoning his behavior but just not sure it meets the level to say it was unlawful. Besides, it's extremely odd with over 20 plus women, no charges have been filed.
In investigation of this magnitude takes time. Especially for a celebrity of Watsons status. There is also a thing called duress. Put yourself in the woman's shoes for a minute. Do what he says and keep your career. Or dont and if he tells his friends your bad at your job, you lose your career. Obviously its an exaggeration but you understand what I am saying.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You cannot control what other teams do, if the Eagles are already jumping ship from Hurts it tells us that he isn't their long-term answer and they wasted a 2nd rd pick on him. Watson improves them, but they still have an aging roster and they will have to mortgage their future to acquire him. Let's also not forget the Texans offense was awful after Hopkins was traded with Watson still as their QB.

agree

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like how thi isn’t even a story yet like all the wasted debates that said Watson Wilson an drogers would all be on new teams for 2021

Odd none of that happened,,,wasted space and this doesnt belong in the fan zone it means nothing its RUMOR until its not..

I hope they do make the trade give up 2 1s a 2 and most likely a elite players of he Texans choosing..then Watson gets suspended 6+ games maybe a year then the eagles cap and future drafts all effected..

Ill wait while you show me how Watson’s better then dak pappy, on his 4-12 teams hes captained..

He and dak are the same and without asuper team around them they arent the elite qbs that instantly make team a contender

You disagree

Right just slammed the door on that and the last place eagles giving uop all that stock and new qb cap money etc

Dak haters and those fans sucking the tweets of our rivals are the only ones making this an issue and its all rumor...
I hear ya but I think a division rival possibly making a blockbuster deal for a QB is something that should be out in the open for discussion.

Heck if it was in the NFL Zone I wouldn't have seen it. I almost never go there.

The Broncos DT situation? Thats different.

Either way, not our call, just opinion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In investigation of this magnitude takes time. Especially for a celebrity of Watsons status. There is also a thing called duress. Put yourself in the woman's shoes for a minute. Do what he says and keep your career. Or dont and if he tells his friends your bad at your job, you lose your career. Obviously its an exaggeration but you understand what I am saying.

No question, I see exactly what you're saying but I just think cases were closer to sexual harassment than assault.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hear ya but I think a division rival possibly making a blockbuster deal for a QB is something that should be out in the open for discussion.

Heck if it was in the NFL Zone I wouldn't have seen it. I almost never go there.

The Broncos DT situation? Thats different.

Either way, not our call, just opinion.
No this is not a story it’s RUMOR its not imminent and not worth debating. Runs,ors as we did it all offseason with Wilson Watson and rogers and guess what wasted keystrokes..

When it becomes reality talk away today’s game day we have real cowboys talk to chatter abut now it’s not the offseason and mods need to go back to having. Only actual cowboy news in here especially if the other news is all RUMOR....

fivetwos

Reaction score
No this is not a story it’s RUMOR its not imminent and not worth debating. Runs,ors as we did it all offseason with Wilson Watson and rogers and guess what wasted keystrokes..

When it becomes reality talk away today’s game day we have real cowboys talk to chatter abut now it’s not the offseason and mods need to go back to having. Only actual cowboy news in here especially if the other news is all RUMOR....
Maybe.

This one sounds like there's a bit more to it than some random fan firing off a tweet though.

I suppose we will see...but debating the idea of them getting him or not, whether true or not....does belong here IMO.

If it were anyone outside the division? Not so much.

I personally think Prescott is better than Watson, and would probably rather see Philly have him than all those high draft picks they've accumulated.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You disagree

The last 4 years ya say?

The Deshaun Watson led Texas went 28-26 in the regular season. In the Playoffs they went 1-2.
The Dak Prescott led Cowboys went 28-24 in the regular season. In the Playoffs they went 1-2.

Also, in those 4 years Watson had a 1,000 rusher ONCE. Carlos Hyde rushed for 1,070 in 2019 good for 13th in the league.
Dak had a 1,000 yard rusher every year EXCEPT ONE. That's the year Zeke was suspended 6 games and STILL rushed for over 900 yards.

You should probably look this stuff up before you talk, because you talked as if there is Dak is somehow head and shoulders above Watson when the opposite is true.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No question, I see exactly what you're saying but I just think cases were closer to sexual harassment than assault.
Actually any forcable touching or exposure to another person who didnt ask for it is sex crime and regardless of the label he could be forced to be registered sex offender..

Nice to have that player with that label on your team,.,it not once case its 22 thats a very different scenario that RG will see as embarrsssment to the NFL whether legal action ever happens and settlements are agreed upon..

If Zeke got 6 for one allegation that was proved to be very close to made up how is wastcon getting off with less then 8-17??? That means this trade begins with Watson not playing much at all the first year abnd a[what are the costs again?

What’s his record with the Texans? Not Ike hes been dragging the Texans to the afccg has he id say hes been part of some sub par teams.

He’s not better then dak they are pretty much the same player..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The last 4 years ya say?

The Deshaun Watson led Texas went 28-26 in the regular season. In the Playoffs they went 1-2.
The Dak Prescott led Cowboys went 28-24 in the regular season. In the Playoffs they went 1-2.

Also, in those 4 years Watson had a 1,000 rusher ONCE. Carlos Hyde rushed for 1,070 in 2019 good for 13th in the league.
Dak had a 1,000 yard rusher every year EXCEPT ONE. That's the year Zeke was suspended 6 games and STILL rushed for over 900 yards.

You should probably look this stuff up before you talk, because you talked as if there is Dak is somehow head and shoulders above Watson when the opposite is true.
I did and you helped make my point sorry but DW is not better then dak and he’s coming in as very costly baggage and not guaranteeing philly any success plus a suspension coming..

DW has captained a losing team and the records and pretty much the same their stats all pretty much the same...

Difference Dak morally clean and doesnt cost 3 high draft pics and player to be named and a suspension

Go ahead philly make mistake like that...

phildadon86

Reaction score
With everything going on in the world and the movements. Even sexual harassment will garner a LENGTHY suspension. If it doesn't. Jerry needs to pipe up in the next owners meeting and sue Goodell again.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am just curious. And I am not trying to pick a fight here. But dont you always bring up w/l as your only determining factor when judging a QB and thats one of the reasons you dislike Dak is because we dont win with him? So how does Watson instantly become the best QB in the division? Dak career wise beats him in Games played, completions, Passing Yards, Touchdowns, INT %, First downs from passing, amongst other stats. W/L for Watson is 28-25 and for Dak 42-27. If you want to take away his rookie season. (Which I know you will.) He is 29-27. Still on par with Watson. Keep in mind. Watson also played his first couple years in one of the easiest divisions in football. So I know you like stats. What do you think of these ones? Or are you going to spin it to make Watson look better? Or just stick with the good ol Eye Test.
Watson led his teams to wins without his RB winning rushing titles. Watson has had a 1,000 yard rusher ONCE in his career.

You're using career stats to judge Dak vs Watson when Dak has played 15 MORE GAMES than Watson? That's weak. When you have to do that you know you don't have an argument.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Watson lead his teams to wins without his RB winning rushing titles. Watson has had a 1,000 yard rusher ONCE in his career.

You're using career stats to judge Dak vs Watson when Dak has played 15 MORE GAMES than Watson? That's weak. When you have to do that you know you don't have an argument.
I am just using stats. Sorry they dont fit your narrative. This is what I mean. You use stats when they suit you. (wentz vs dak) but when they dont you make up reasons why they dont work. I dont care what Watson had or didnt have. Dak won games when Zeke cared more about getting low key faded and eating cheetos than football. Dak missed almost an entire season last year and still played 15 more games? Interesting. So i guess AVAILABILITY is another thing Dak has on Watson.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW a few other connected reporters are saying there is nothing imminent now.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am just using stats. Sorry they dont fit your narrative. This is what I mean. You use stats when they suit you. (wentz vs dak) but when they dont you make up reasons why they dont work. I dont care what Watson had or didnt have. Dak won games when Zeke cared more about getting low key faded and eating cheetos than football. Dak missed almost an entire season last year and still played 15 more games? Interesting. So i guess AVAILABILITY is another thing Dak has on Watson.

Umm Watson played 15 less games because he was drafted a year after Dak. Not because Dak is more “available”.