Eagles are Stockpiling 1st RD Draft Capital

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No way the colts have a top 10 pick and let the eagles have it. They will bench carson the final 4 games of the year and the pick will be a 2nd rounder
Agree they wont let a top 10 pick get away from them, but Indy now is 3-4 with a tough slate of upcoming games including the Jets, Texans twice, and Jaguars. I bet they win enough to stay in contention all year and end up with a mid teens pick.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future draft picks are not a concern to me.

Future seasons are not a concern to me.

There is only now and this season and the Cowboys are in a better place than I thought they would be and they have a shot to really make some noise in the playoffs.

The NFC East didn't just go sour, it has been that way for a couple of years now with the combination of strange front offices and coaching choices making the Cowboys look exceptional by comparison. Hell, Booger is the best GM in the division. Let that sink in.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No way the colts have a top 10 pick and let the eagles have it. They will bench carson the final 4 games of the year and the pick will be a 2nd rounder

Colts would have the 13 pick in the draft right now. My guess is that the Colts will be picking around #20.

The Miami pick will be top 10, maybe top 5. The Eagles’ own pick will probably be a top ten pick.

I don’t think Irsay is smart enough to bench Wentz. The only way Wentz doesn’t play is if he is injured.

Jarntt

Reaction score
They're going to need them with the cap hell Howie is putting them in with all the dead money he put on the back end of all of their FA contracts and restructures from the last few years. The idea of adding "dummy years" at the end of a contract just to fit guys under the current year cap takes the phrase kicking the can down the road to a new level.

Exhibit A. Look at this dead money even if Cox plays out his contract. If they try to cut him earlier it's even worse. Almost every contract is like this

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/fletcher-cox-9822/

HungryLion

Reaction score
Colts would have the 13 pick in the draft right now. My guess is that the Colts will be picking around #20.

The Miami pick will be top 10, maybe top 5. The Eagles’ own pick will probably be a top ten pick.

I don’t think Irsay is smart enough to bench Wentz. The only way Wentz doesn’t play is if he is injured.

Yeah I think you’re right.

I do think the colts will be in the teens though. They are a solid team. They’ll be around .500 given how tough their schedule is.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yeah I think you’re right.

I do think the colts will be in the teens though. They are a solid team. They’ll be around .500 given how tough their schedule is.

The Colts play the Jets, Texans, and Jags twice. Like you said, the Colts do have a tough schedule but even some of those tough games are winnable.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They have three 1st rd picks inside the first 15 overall picks. How concerned should Cowboys fans be?
Not concerned at all, when they don't have a strong track record in drafting quality players nor do they have a QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Colts play the Jets, Texans, and Jags twice. Like you said, the Colts do have a tough schedule but even some of those tough games are winnable.

Yep. Win the easy ones and split the tough ones. The colts will be around 9 wins or so. May even make a wildcard.

that puts their pick likely in the late teens.

The Miami pick is the one that hurts. Miami gave the eagles a first round pick, maybe top 5. To draft a WR.

just a joke of a move by Miami.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yep. Win the easy ones and split the tough ones. The colts will be around 9 wins or so. May even make a wildcard.

that puts their pick likely in the late teens.

The Miami pick is the one that hurts. Miami gave the eagles a first round pick, maybe top 5. To draft a WR.

just a joke of a move by Miami.

Had Miami not traded with Philly, Desean Watson would be a Dolphin by now in my opinion. The Dolphins just don’t have anything to trade for Watson. Tua stinks and the only good Dolphins are overpaid like Howard. Byron Jones has no trade value.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
They have three 1st rd picks inside the first 15 overall picks. How concerned should Cowboys fans be?
Not gonna worry about stuff i cannot control - they still have to hit on those picks and if they do , well then we need to step up. I like where we are at and the future of this team looks bright .

In the grand scheme of things i would love to see the NFC East return to its past glory of being a really good division !

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of the Cowboys control, so not much use sweating it. Just wait and see what comes of it.