Twitter: Eagles Barnett tried the drive-killing fake injury

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, it can be hard at times. But, why not, while the player is being helped off, have it reviewed by the doctor who checks for concussions in the booth to see if the injury is legitimate? If the player is truly feigning an injury, then caution him with an unsportsmanlike conduct call. If he does commit a feigned injury again, then send him off under the Unsportsmanlike conduct policy.
No doctor is ever saying someone’s not hurt
The idea of them having to come off the field for 3-4 plays is actually inforcable very easily

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You could also stop this when the same player keeps doing it if the player goes down a 2nd time to make him sit the rest of the series.

I just don't know where you should draw the line if you do that as far as forcing players to stay off the field. If a team loses because their best player has to sit out a series because he had a legitimate injury he was trying to play through to help his team win, I can't see that going over well.

We have enough referee interference affecting the outcome of games to add to that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It also makes players get properly evaluated rather than rushed over in appearance of the tent and then back on the field in 2 plays. Take the time to properly evaluate them.

Same problem, though. If I need my best player out there to protect a lead, I don't want to put it in the officials' hands to rule that he has to stay off the field for multiple plays or a series if he can get back out there sooner. I can't see why anyone would want that for their team. It's easy to want it to work against the other team.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Every time Rodgers tries to catch the defense with a 12th man on the field trying to get off, a defender needs to fake and injury.

The league will pay attention then.
That always reminds me of something my little brother would do.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why not fine both? It's the player doing the faking.
because I'm almost certain it starts with the coaches telling them to do this. And if a player does it on his own with it being a team fine then we'll probably know when the player gets released.

nobody

Reaction score
because I'm almost certain it starts with the coaches telling them to do this. And if a player does it on his own with it being a team fine then we'll probably know when the player gets released.

I think a heavy hand is needed to fight this dirty tactic...which means nuking em all

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
players should have to sit out the series when they pull that crap. No surprise from Schwartz unit.