Eagles CB Darius Slay seeking a trade

Jimbo123

Reaction score
He’s not real he can’t draft. He went all in this year. Congrats. He spent money. That doesn’t make you a great Gm.
Have you seen his last two drafts? THEY DID NOT GO ALL IN. They're in good shape, two 1st in 23, then in 24, two 2nd, and two 5th plus probably 4 comp picks, a couple could be 3rd rounder. I think hiring two black coordinators would add more comp picks.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, why are you stopping at round 2 when it’s Jerry’s job to draft in all rounds? Because it hurts your argument if you acknowledge further?

And Howie doesn’t draft well Relative to what? If you compare all 32 teams to not only their hit rate but also the worth of each player they’ve drafted in those rounds, he’s going to end up well in the top half of the league. Can’t just say Connor Williams was a hit for Dallas because you didn’t cut him before you refused to re-sign when his rookie deal ended. If you did that draft over again, you’d never have taken him. What he does in Miami is irrelevant to what Dallas got for their draft pick. Meanwhile Landon Dickerson started for the NFC in the pro bowl in only his second season. Those two second round guards are not the same worth.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...hich-teams-gotten-best-value-2012-rank-all-32

6th since 2012. And this is from last summer, so doesn’t count huge improvements from Hurts, Miles Sanders, DeVonta Smith, Dickerson, Epps, Sweat which would move him even closer to Jerry on the list.

Bet you didn’t see that coming.
You don’t even know what the argument is lol. I made a general statement that I don’t want Howie because he can’t draft well in the first two rounds….I never compared him to Jerry you did that initially. If you want to say Jerry sucks that’s fine lol. It doesn’t change the fact that Roseman sucks in the first few rounds…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Have you seen his last two drafts? THEY DID NOT GO ALL IN. They're in good shape, two 1st in 23, then in 24, two 2nd, and two 5th plus probably 4 comp picks, a couple could be 3rd rounder. I think hiring two black coordinators would add more comp picks.
I never said they didn’t have good picks. Int said he sucks drafting early.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You don’t even know what the argument is lol. I made a general statement that I don’t want Howie because he can’t draft well in the first two rounds….I never compared him to Jerry you did that initially. If you want to say Jerry sucks that’s fine lol. It doesn’t change the fact that Roseman sucks in the first few rounds…..
That’s not the argument you made, that’s the argument you countered with when I called you out for saying…
He’s not real he can’t draft. He went all in this year. Congrats. He spent money. That doesn’t make you a great Gm.
…which is provably wrong

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? Do you even know who Benny Logan, Ertz and Cox are? A simple google search will tell you when they were drafted…..
Hurts was a name in the list and you referenced players drafted 10 years ago so clearly you were wrong.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Brandon graham took a hometown discount to stay loyal to Hurts and the eagles. Why can’t we get this out of our guys after they have a great season? I wonder if he would’ve signed with Dallas for the same contract value

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I never said they didn’t have good picks. Int said he sucks drafting early.
You said, "They went all in" which isn't remotely true. BTW, Devonta Smith and Jordan Davis are 1st rounders Hurts and Dickerson are 2nd rounders..Not too shabby

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s not the argument you made, that’s the argument you countered with when I called you out for saying…

…which is provably wrong
Maranelli wanted Taco.

Carson Wentz? Bust.
Derek Barnett? Bust
Sidney Jones? Bust
Eric Rowe? Bust
Nelson Agoholor? Bust.
Andre Dillard?

He sucks at drafting in the first and second round for sure.
Did you not see this post because you replied to it? I literally listed first and second round picks…now you have amnesia…. There’s no argument being made. If you want to argue Howie is better than Jerry at drafting go for it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said, "They went all in" which isn't remotely true. BTW, Devonta Smith and Jordan Davis are 1st rounders Hurts and Dickerson are 2nd rounders..Not too shabby
So you thought they traded for Robert Quinn because he had potential? The Bradberry, Reddick moves imply they went all in what are you talking about?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your statement: "I said he doesn’t draft well in the first and second round which is true."

Hurts was 2nd round pick....so your statement is false.
For every Hurts I can name 5 other busts but cling on to one of his two good picks in the second…..then y’all will swear y’all aren’t Eagles fans….

Jimbo123

Reaction score
So you thought they traded for Robert Quinn because he had potential? The Bradberry, Reddick moves imply they went all in what are you talking about?
"All In" would imply that they sacrificed future years to go for it this year. Their future is bright, much brighter than the Cowboys. What are you talking about?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox, Lane Johnson, Brandon Graham, DeVonta Smith, Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Mychal Kendricks, Nick Foles, Benny Logan, Josh Sweat, Jason Kelce, Jalen Hurts.....yeah, he can't draft.
Don't forget Landon Dickerson, Jordan Mailata, Miles Sanders, Avonte Maddox

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"All In" would imply that they sacrificed future years to go for it this year. Their future is bright, much brighter than the Cowboys. What are you talking about?
They sacrificed their cap space. Going all in isn’t just about draft picks lol. Lord have mercy…..